CitiBank – No Questions Asked

fmccap

CitiBank – No Questions Asked

When the Big Three automakers were finally settled in their chairs before the Congressional committee investigating whether they deserved a handout of $50 billion, they were asked a defining question; “How many of you flew commercial airlines to get here?”

No hands went up and they were sunk. Somehow the hubris of trotting about on private jets while asking for public money was simply too much for a suddenly stingy Congress.

No such questions were asked of the Citi bankers, in fact no hearings were even held, and they were given access to over $306 billion on the most favorable terms you could possibly imagine. This illustrates the power that the banking industry holds over our political process and it is a ruinous power. Why should Citi receive not only special treatment, but exorbitantly preferential treatment at taxpayer expense? I don’t know, but I’d like some answers.

I am, again, more than a little angry at this deal. It seems that when productive industries or actual citizens are involved, money is hard to find and difficult questions are asked. When banks need the cash? The results are enormous, immediate, and exceptionally favorable.

"Before coming to Treasury, Paulson was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Goldman Sachs since the firm’s initial public offering in 1999. He joined Goldman Sachs Chicago Office in 1974 and rose through the ranks holding several positions including, Managing Partner of the firm’s Chicago office, Co-head of the firm's investment Banking Division, President and Chief Operating Officer, and Co-Senior partner"*source link*

The Treasury Secretary came from Wall St., should their be any other question why Wall St. gets no hearings money, while companies that actually are the backbone of a supposed industrialized nation gets drilled ?

I will also mention that CNN is reporting that Citigroup will be cutting 2,000 jobs within the next 12 months....sad really fucking sad.

imo it is because the big 3 are UNION. The public has been taught to hate union workers and these banks get away with paying 15 to 18 $$$$ a hour without many things the union has brought to the big 3! Just ask a few people that dont work for the big 3, ask them what they think about a big 3 bailout and MOST people will say "fuck them, they are the ones who did it to there self, them guys make 65000 a year, have benefits and get paid 95% of ther pay if they get laid off, fuck them fuck them." They dont realize the affect it will have on America if one of the big 3 go south, they just dont care and that is why they bye jap junk. Then ask a few other about a bamk bailout, "oh we have to do that. it will cause to much havic if they go under." I guess the banks didnt cause there own problem but some how the big 3 did............

imo it is because the big 3 are UNION. The public has been taught to hate union workers and these banks get away with paying 15 to 18 $$$$ a hour without many things the union has brought to the big 3! Just ask a few people that dont work for the big 3, ask them what they think about a big 3 bailout and MOST people will say "fuck them, they are the ones who did it to there self, them guys make 65000 a year, have benefits and get paid 95% of ther pay if they get laid off, fuck them fuck them." They dont realize the affect it will have on America if one of the big 3 go south, they just dont care and that is why they bye jap junk. Then ask a few other about a bamk bailout, "oh we have to do that. it will cause to much havic if they go under." I guess the banks didnt cause there own problem but some how the big 3 did............
I agree with your reply 1000%. The general public hates us because they are jealous. If they could of worked for the big 3, they would have in a new york minute. Has the big 3 made mistakes? Yes, but so have the banks....HUGE mistakes and all they gotta do is pickup the phone and shed a few tears and Uncle Sam cranks up the printing presses and say's ...."HERE YA' GO MR.BANKER". It makes me so freakin' sick I could puke.

The Crisis Has Hardly Begun

Conservative talking heads are saying GM is a "failed business model" unworthy of a $25 billion bailout. These are the same talking heads who favored pouring $700 billion into a failed financial model.

The head of the FDIC is trying to get $25 billion--a measly 3.5 percent of the $700 billion for the banksters--with which to refinance the mortgages of 2 million of the banksters’ victims, and Bush’s Secretary of the Treasury Paulson says no. Why aren’t the Democrats all over this, too?

Apparently, the Democrats still think they are the minority party—or else their aim is to supplant the Republicans as the party of the rich.

Any bailout has its downsides. But if America loses its auto industry, it will lose the suppliers as well and will cease to have a manufacturing sector. For years no-think economists have been writing off America’s manufacturing jobs, while deluding themselves and the public with propaganda about a New Economy based on finance.

A country that doesn’t make anything doesn’t need a financial sector as there is nothing to finance.

i bought a house 1 1/2 yrs. ago...the mortgage was held by American Eagle. It was switched to CitiMortgage a few months later, of which i had no knowledge until i received my monthly statement lol. I also looked into the ownership of the institutions issuing my (too many lol) credit cards. MOST of them are owned by Citi. My question is....if the Big Three are required to divest some of its holdings....shouldn't this also apply to the banking industry?