November 11, 2009 Order for 2009 FEH LTD

goldenpuppie

Hi folks-

I have just joined this forum. On Nov. 11 2009, I ordered a 2009 FEH LTD with the works, and agreed to the full invoice price. The dealer will make no promises on delivery or VIN assignment dates, but he did tell me that the order was accepted, and received a priority code of "20". My salesman is estimating Mid Jan to early Feb for a delivery timeframe. I've been reading utter horror stories on here, for previous 2009 FEH customers of waiting 6 mo or more for their orders to arrive, or getting tired, cancelling their order and running to the west coast to buy an 09 FEH LTD on the lot. The dealer accepted a $500 deposit. Is my salesman's prognostication realistic, or is he "selling me a bill of goods"? Does anyone from the Chicagoland, or the Midwest area have any updated info on how long it is taking for Ford to produce and deliver FEH LTDs to this area. I want to be realistic about this, and wait a while if it's required, however, I think 4-6 months is "way unreasonable" to wait for a new car, and I'd probably opt to bail out and get something else.

Thanks for any updated info anyone has.

My Best,

goldenpuppie

Hi folks-

I have just joined this forum. On Nov. 11 2009, I ordered a 2009 FEH LTD with the works, and agreed to the full invoice price. The dealer will make no promises on delivery or VIN assignment dates, but he did tell me that the order was accepted, and received a priority code of "20". My salesman is estimating Mid Jan to early Feb for a delivery timeframe. I've been reading utter horror stories on here, for previous 2009 FEH customers of waiting 6 mo or more for their orders to arrive, or getting tired, cancelling their order and running to the west coast to buy an 09 FEH LTD on the lot. The dealer accepted a $500 deposit. Is my salesman's prognostication realistic, or is he "selling me a bill of goods"? Does anyone from the Chicagoland, or the Midwest area have any updated info on how long it is taking for Ford to produce and deliver FEH LTDs to this area. I want to be realistic about this, and wait a while if it's required, however, I think 4-6 months is "way unreasonable" to wait for a new car, and I'd probably opt to bail out and get something else.

My Best,

goldenpuppie

If you want a black one , front wheel drive, my dealer in Berwyn has one. I and another guy both ordered ours in May. I got mine two weeks ago. Your priority code of 20 means you're not seeing it for a long time if there's anyone in front of you.

Anyway...the other guy backed out on his for personal reasons. It's black with nav. A limited. It's at Anderson Ford. Call for Bob or April and tell them BJ told you about it and see if it's still there.

bj

If you want a black one , front wheel drive, my dealer in Berwyn has one. I and another guy both ordered ours in May. I got mine two weeks ago. Your priority code of 20 means you're not seeing it for a long time if there's anyone in front of you.

Anyway...the other guy backed out on his for personal reasons. It's black with nav. A limited. It's at Anderson Ford. Call for Bob or April and tell them BJ told you about it and see if it's still there.

bj

Vnmous1-

Thanks for that update. I will give them a buzz tomorrow. Thanks again for posting and replying.

goldenpuppie.

Vnmous1-

Thanks for that update. I will give them a buzz tomorrow. Thanks again for posting and replying.

goldenpuppie.

I think a lot of the long waits were actually do to the fact that many of their vehicles were ordered in the 'pre-production' cycle. For example my vehicle was ordered on May 9 and I did not pick it up until August 22. Sounds longer than it is because the production line did not start until June 26 (or so) plus there was a two week shut-down at the plant for retooling/cleanup/vacations/etc. I am sure there are others who have had similar delays but I am also sure there are otheres that have had long waits and not do to the pre-production cycle. Some of it has to do with some bad dealers out there that were not forthcoming with their customers on their allocation status. One thing to keep in mind is that the plant may be working on fleet sales now which could add to your delay. I would do some searching on the in internet and see if you can find one sitting at a dealer somewhere. You may have better luck that way. Good luck to you!

Hi folks-

My Best,

goldenpuppie

We ordered our 2009 FE LTD V6 AWD in Early Aug, 2008 and got it mid-Oct 2008. Paid out-the -door $30K and some change.

I placed an order in Memphis, TN for a 2009 FEH LTD on August 4th and picked it up October 18th, using X-plan pricing. Mine was an order code of "10" which I think is an allocated retail sale. I understand that a "20" is a lower priority. Now that gas prices are down, you can sometimes find one on a lot.

I love my BTW

Hi folks-

My Best,

goldenpuppie

You might want to shop around. There are dealers out there that have them on the lot. The question is if they will sell them for X-Plan. With the way the economy is I don't see why not. I just purchased mine last month at a Chicagoland Ford dealer at X-Plan. Only 2 dealers were willing to do X-Plan that had the model I wanted. I wanted a 2009 2WD FEHL with NAV. I know the that Planet Ford had a 2009 2WD FEHL NAV and sidesteps in silver and they were willing to do X-Plan. I called Anderson Ford and they were not willing to do X-Plan with something they had on the lot. The would do it if I ordered one. Best of luck.

All of the Chicagoland FEHs should get together sometime.

Edited by exbauer

Well everyone, thank you for all your kind posts and assistance. With the kind help of VNMOUS1 on this Blue Oval Blog, I took his most worthy advice and called up Anderson Ford in Berwyn (about 14 mi from where I live) and tracked down his sighting of a 2009 FEH which was Black, but with only FWD, not 4wd. Several people explained to me that with the large heavy battery in the back, it would act more like a 4wd, which it so far seems to do.

I drove it home in slippery cold (re-freezing) conditions in Chicagoland last nite. Took about 1/2 hwy, 1/2 city driving on the way home, and avg'd about 32.5 mpg, but it was only 22 degrees outside. Runs and rides like a DREAM, and is as quiet as my 2004 4-Runner was. I'm going to have to become an electrical engineer or a rocket scientist to learn how to work all the electronics and gadgets on the vehicle, but they did get my phone Sync'd to the system via Bluetooth. That ROCKS man!

The lady who was my sales rep, I have to say was the most product knowledgable salesperson I have ever encountered in a dealership. She knew how to set up EVERYTHING, but I'd been up 16 hours by then, and had a mind like a sieve by 8pm, when I rolled out of the dealer. I'll have to read all the books today after work and learn how to make that puppy work.

Thanks again to VNMOUS1 on his most worthy efforts and advice. Believe me, the dealer will take care of him on this this one. Thanks again!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: goldenpuppie