Van Dyke Layoffs

theycandothat

When i hear people say the union is not your friend, that's a idiotic statement. If you have a bone to pick with a union official, call out that union official. I just don't understand why it has to be done under a fake name.If you feel that strongly about it, stand behind the statement. I know first hand from working in that room that people care about the membership. i have seen them fight for peoples rights to the point of possible discipline. To come on this site and make a blanket statement covering the whole room is wrong.

Steve, I have seen people call them out at union meetings and nothing is done. Lambert tries to cut people off no comment answers. Hell, I know you have a couple of friends in 6f machining that stand up to them all the time(lasick,and miller) and the local leadership won't even go into those departments. All that I am saying when people go to union meetings to get answers and they get the can't talk about it answers or won't answer at all or blame international people lose faith in their abiltiy to make a difference in the union.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theycandothat, you are still showing your ignorance. Learn your contract. In the 2003 Local agreement, the company promised a new committee room. And Alex doesnt negotiate the contract. What a piece of work. You may even want to go over to the Region and take a collective bargaining session. You CAN NOT legitimatly take things to the floor that are being worked out in a contract. Not only is it suicide, but it is not bargaining in good faith. Although the chairman could force the bullshit the company wants to a vote, which would give the membership at least an idea of what is being worked on. The membership could kill it, and they go back to the table, but you dont take the critical issues to the floor.

And to answer your question theycandothat, you study and research to get facts. You cant walk around with blinders on just believing what you hear. You do the research to get the facts. You can blame your Local Union for whatever you want, but it is your livelihood that is at stake, yours and your families, if you dont trust your Local, trust yourself and do your homework.

You guys keep saying the Union is keeping you in the dark. GET INVOLVED. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO A MEETING? GET INVOLVED. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BE HEARD. IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH YOUR REPS, ELECTED OR APPOINTED BE A MAN AND CONFRONT THEM. DONT SIT HERE ON THIS SITE MONGERING FEAR. YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE YOUR UNION. YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THAT STEP. IF YOU NEED IT, USE THIS AS YOUR CALL FOR ACTION AND FORCE CHANGE. IF THERE ARE OTHERS THAT SHARE YOUR FEELINGS GET THEM INVOLVED, THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. BUT KNOW YOUR FACTS. :shades:

Don't get me wrong bro, it's not as if i take everything told to me by management as gospel. All i am trying to say is that until they come out and let us know they plan on a layoff, why would we say there is going to be one. All we can do is say they haven't mentioned a layoff, but i wouldn't be silly with your money. We can tell you they haven't said so, but that doesn't mean it wont happen so it wouldn't hurt to save your money just incase. As far as the company not recognizing seniority, it happens all the time bro. I have had to argue for seniority for tlo's many times. The Union office....That was purchased while McCoy was in office.

Lets comment on a couple more things while we are here. First I agree with frankie100 about the committeeroom. It was purchased whith 6FM money because they tore down the old building that was purchased when AX4N was brought into Van Dyke. No one complained back then about a brick structure being built that cost alot more than the prefabricated one we have now. So lets STOP putting blame to any chairman in regard to to he committee room. Second, we may have 1 or 2 reps that try to do their job but as long as they continue to stick up for mod, lambert and even stafani they will go down the pipe line as useless as well. If Nick gets the benefits job, which ask Nick he is braging already. Whos mod going to appoint untill special election. (more wasted money this local does not have, what have we had 3 already in just 18 months?) Rumor is company told floor mangement this week that Lance Adams was going to be the fill in plant committee until special election. Well if the good old boy network is not there and lance and mod are at odds then why is he appointing lance temporairly? That just tells us all that was a crock and those 2 are plotting and planning. If this is not true who does the room want as plant committee?

Lets comment on a couple more things while we are here. First I agree with frankie100 about the committeeroom. It was purchased whith 6FM money because they tore down the old building that was purchased when AX4N was brought into Van Dyke. No one complained back then about a brick structure being built that cost alot more than the prefabricated one we have now. So lets STOP putting blame to any chairman in regard to to he committee room. Second, we may have 1 or 2 reps that try to do their job but as long as they continue to stick up for mod, lambert and even stafani they will go down the pipe line as useless as well. If Nick gets the benefits job, which ask Nick he is braging already. Whos mod going to appoint untill special election. (more wasted money this local does not have, what have we had 3 already in just 18 months?) Rumor is company told floor mangement this week that Lance Adams was going to be the fill in plant committee until special election. Well if the good old boy network is not there and lance and mod are at odds then why is he appointing lance temporairly? That just tells us all that was a crock and those 2 are plotting and planning. If this is not true who does the room want as plant committee?

Stefani for Benifits???? Thats some gooood Ole Boy Bullshit.

Lance and MOD getting along? Thats a complete joke. Lance should run for Plant Comittee.

Word in team meeting today that fn schedule will go up to 500,000 units as of April 1st.

Told today, that as part of that, at least 100 more people will brought to plant in january. to fill up midnight shift in all fn areas, and to add shift to midrange area for fusion job.

also we are not getting extra week off, we need to make parts.

good news if true.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing is a surprise here at Van Dyke. The union always looking out for their fellow brothers and sisters. I'm sure he did'nt have to give Mod a lap dance for that appointment. Should be an interesting time when election comes. My bet is most people would be voting for someone from Utica knowing what has gone on behind the scenes. It sounds better to me being fucked by an outsider than someone who worked at Van Dyke.

This is for all you 1999-2000 seniority van dyke employees: You should have never been hired by the Ford Van Dyke plant in the first place! Why?? Because when Ford turned all their supplier plants into Visteon, the contract read that all Ford employees fill the spots in the remaining Ford facilities and new hires will be filling the openings at the now, new Visteon Corporation plants. You got in and now justice is about to be served.

Us Ford employees with 20+ years are finally being put in OUR Ford plants, saving our hard earned pensions, health benefits and paychecks.

I hope everyone gets to keep their jobs, including you 1999-2000 seniority employees, but what was done wrongly years ago is finally being righted!

We went thru a recession back in the 1980's and were never offered 4 years of college and 25% of our pay. Or 2 years of college and 50% of our pay.

We were on the street collecting unemployment without SUB because it was gone in a matter of weeks.

We had homes and children but we survived and you will too when it's your turn to collect unemployment.

Here's a thought: TAKE A BUYOUT Go to school We didn't get to do that.

Edited by Ford&Proud

This is for all you 1999-2000 seniority van dyke employees: You should have never been hired by the Ford Van Dyke plant in the first place! Why?? Because when Ford turned all their supplier plants into Visteon, the contract read that all Ford employees fill the spots in the remaining Ford facilities and new hires will be filling the openings at the now, new Visteon Corporation plants. You got in and now justice is about to be served.

Us Ford employees with 20+ years are finally being put in OUR Ford plants, saving our hard earned pensions, health benefits and paychecks.

I hope everyone gets to keep their jobs, including you 1999-2000 seniority employees, but what was done wrongly years ago is finally being righted!

We went thru a recession back in the 1980's and were never offered 4 years of college and 25% of our pay. Or 2 years of college and 50% of our pay.

We were on the street collecting unemployment without SUB because it was gone in a matter of weeks.

We had homes and children but we survived and you will too when it's your turn to collect unemployment.

your an idiot wishing that on anybody

So just the people hired at Van Dyke are the ones that have your feathers ruffled? What about all the other people at other plants that got hired after we did? Are they ok in your book? If we were hired into Van Dyke in 1999 or 2000, then we hired in before Visteon was actually spun off, that happened in the fall of 2000, no one was hired at Van Dyke then. What you want is your cake and eat it too, and you may well get to, time will tell. You can rant all you want, I could care less, but at least have your facts straight. Now go find some people that hired in after the spinoff and tell them about it.

You are one arrogant asshole! Ford Van Dyke has always been a Ford plant and everyone who hired in there is a Ford employee including those who hired in between 1999-2000. As for your comments about how you suffered through the 1980's that's terrible, but you know what? So did alot of other hard working people that worked or were laid off during that time. My UAW negotiated contracts that put benefits and protections to all those that could be effected by economic turn downs since then. You in the other hand are bitter that My UAW protects these hard working people and you were not. For you to make comments like this in this forum shows us just what kind of a union brother you are NOT! I stand united with my UAW members and thank our union officials for their hard work in trying to preserve our jobs and lifestyle. You can go crawl under the rock you came from and just keep quiet! Better yet! You take the buyout and let a real union person keep their job!

Let me quess a bitter 15 year employee who was left behind at Utica. Or a sick with old timers disease 40 year employee who came to VD from Utica who just wants to stir shit up? Give me a break this troll has 1 post

I bet you were ready to leave your cushy job in 1999 to come work the line huh? Maybe the Union never should have fought for job security, things were just fine in 1980 right. Dont forget all these buyouts are also offered to you too! your not exculded just because you have 20+ years. If you really want to help, pass some of your vast knoweldge on how you managed your long term layoff in the 80's with us and maybe we wont need all these fine perks the Co has offered. Be careful what you wish for if the Union really wants to protect senoirity they will get rid of 10/29/84 transfer date like they should and when we are all gone the line will need lower senoirity to run it.

I bet you were ready to leave your cushy job in 1999 to come work the line huh? Maybe the Union never should have fought for job security, things were just fine in 1980 right. Dont forget all these buyouts are also offered to you too! your not exculded just because you have 20+ years. If you really want to help, pass some of your vast knoweldge on how you managed your long term layoff in the 80's with us and maybe we wont need all these fine perks the Co has offered. Be careful what you wish for if the Union really wants to protect senoirity they will get rid of 10/29/84 transfer date like they should and when we are all gone the line will need lower senoirity to run it.

I hope you do succeed in coming over to Van Dyke. We could use another old fart on the line working, because thats where you will be. After a month or two of standing for 8 hours, and being harassed by management, you too should take the buyout and go back to school. Better yet wait for the Romeo opening, because Van Dyke has enough problems we don't need another employee thinking his shit does'nt stink.

I hope you do succeed in coming over to Van Dyke. We could use another old fart on the line working, because thats where you will be. After a month or two of standing for 8 hours, and being harassed by management, you too should take the buyout and go back to school. Better yet wait for the Romeo opening, because Van Dyke has enough problems we don't need another employee thinking his shit does'nt stink.

Already there dude hired in Mar 2000 at Van Dyke I am just sick of hearing what everybody with low senoirity should do and how we didn't pay our dues like the people with 20+ years did and how all these buyouts and gen and sub pay were set up just because the Union could see into the future for a select group of new hires and set them up so we could work 8 or 9 years and have this golden parachute that they didn't have.

Already there dude hired in Mar 2000 at Van Dyke I am just sick of hearing what everybody with low senoirity should do and how we didn't pay our dues like the people with 20+ years did and how all these buyouts and gen and sub pay were set up just because the Union could see into the future for a select group of new hires and set them up so we could work 8 or 9 years and have this golden parachute that they didn't have.

Sorry I was replying to FordandProud. I also hired in at Van Dyke and am sick of everything that is being said about the lower senority.

I didn't have a 'cushy' job in Utica. There you actually had to WORK. I do have a 'cushy' job now that I am here at Van Dyke.

As far as the transfer date goes, read the National contract:

Utica is a closing plant, we are being placed into another facility with 10/29/84 seniority - it's in black and white if you can read.

Now, on the voluntary transfers from open Ford facilities into another Ford facility, you may be correct on eliminating the 10/29/84 date and go to day one seniority as far as plant seniority goes. Because those employees are actively working at a Ford facility, their transfers should be without 10/29/84 seniority.

Higher seniority employees are not going to take a buyout because we are no longer in a position to go to college and get into a new career at our stage in life. We are not old, most of us started when we were 18. You are talking about people in their mid 40's.

Most of the lower seniority employees I have met here at Van Dyke are just as old (young!) as I am.

They are all very nice and I don't wish for ANYONE to lose their jobs!

As far as Visteon spinning off in the fall of 2000, I know when they spun off. We also knew 1 year BEFORE the spin off. It took that long to go thru the courts and for the union to re-write a contract for all the FORD employees in those Ford facilities. SOOOooo, when you 1999-2000 employees were hired, it was done while the spin off was happening and they filled the plant before the signing, that was a deliberate act by the plant and union to get their relatives and friends in before we were allowed to put in for the transfer. And by the way, before any Ford facilitiy actively hires, the jobs are to be posted at ALL Ford facilities, THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

Have a nice day and I do hope everyone keeps their job. I've been on the street, moved out of state for work, got help from family and eventually returned to Ford.

Edited by Ford&Proud

Sorry I was replying to FordandProud. I also hired in at Van Dyke and am sick of everything that is being said about the lower senority.

I don't know what is being said about the lower seniority employees by the transfers. Haven't heard anything.

I do know we are called Utica F#@*s and other not-so-nice names.

I do know they have cartoons posted around the plant insinuating we are all in out 80's.

I do know some of our vehicles have been keyed since we arrived.

I do know Van Dyke employees hate us because we have more time then they do, we were all in that

boat at one time too.

And I, like you, am sick of everything that is being said about us higher seniority employees.

We come to work everyday

We come to work on time

We are not late from breaks

We are on our job at the start of shift

We do not leave our jobs until the end of shift

I am amazed at the Van Dyke employees who do not have that work ethic.

We could never get away with that stuff in Utica or Sterling. We would have been FIRED

Lets all get along in this plant and quit name calling and crying about everything.

Come to work, do your job or your job will disappear - if you don't disappear first

Edited by Ford&Proud

I don't know what is being said about the lower seniority employees by the transfers. Haven't heard anything.

I do know we are called Utica F#@*s and other not-so-nice names.

I do know they have cartoons posted around the plant insinuating we are all in out 80's.

I do know some of our vehicles have been keyed since we arrived.

I do know Van Dyke employees hate us because we have more time then they do, we were all in that

boat at one time too.

And I, like you, am sick of everything that is being said about us higher seniority employees.

We come to work everyday

We come to work on time

We are not late from breaks

We are on our job at the start of shift

We do not leave our jobs until the end of shift

I am amazed at the Van Dyke employees who do not have that work ethic.

We could never get away with that stuff in Utica or Sterling. We would have been FIRED

Lets all get along in this plant and quit name calling and crying about everything.

Come to work, do your job or your job will disappear - if you don't disappear first

You guy's had the same chance as the low senority guy's to leave, now with all that's going on you will all be sorry for sticking around watch and see, you will all be saying I SHOULD HAVE LEFT WHEN I HAD A CHANCE..... :stop:

You guy's had the same chance as the low senority guy's to leave, now with all that's going on you will all be sorry for sticking around watch and see, you will all be saying I SHOULD HAVE LEFT WHEN I HAD A CHANCE..... :stop:

We higher seniority emploees did have the same chance to leave, you're right.

We higher seniority employees have already earned our retirement pension, you have not.

We higher seniority employees will still be around for at least 2 more contracts because of

our age. You probably will not.

I don't think any of us high seniority employees are going to look back and say I should have left when I had a chance. We can leave anytime. If you are talking about turning away the buyout money, that's a non issue. All we have to do is work a year to make more than what our pension + buyout money would add up to for the year. Not a big deal, especially when our government will take their 40% off the top.

If you are young enough to further your education, do it with Ford's offer. You may not make another 20+ years to retire at any Ford facility. Ford can decide to outsource transmissions just like they did

with all their other parts plants. Van Dyke is just another supplier plant.

Just make plans for the future, especially if you have a family. Education paid for by Ford is better than collecting unemployment and getting $0 from our country to educate you. Have a back up plan.

Hey Ford&Proud

Why are you airing this out in here for the whole world to see??? Did ya ever think about that. With the scrutiny of the UAW and the pressure happening all around us, you come in here to hammer on other UAW members. Keep driving the wedge and see when it divides cause that's what your causing. This site is being hit on so much now that anything you say can be viewed in so many ways and your just fueling the fire with so many people against the UAW already if you haven't noticed.

Edited by simplesituations

Hey Ford&Proud

Why are you airing this out in here for the whole world to see??? Did ya ever think about that. With the scrutiny of the UAW and the pressure happening all around us, you come in here to hammer on other UAW members. Keep driving the wedge and see when it divides cause that's what your causing. This site is being hit on so much now that anything you say can be viewed in so many ways and your just fueling the fire with so many people against the UAW already if you haven't noticed.

He's running for something. :camera:

Hey Ford&Proud

Everyone who is not a UAW member is already against us because we make a living wage.

We do not live in a right to work state where everyone has a right to work 2 full time jobs to put

food on the table for their families.

If you want people to respect the UAW then it's up to the UAW members to grow up and act like

they want to be treated, like good hard workers.

Come to work everyday.

Be on your job when you're supposed to be.

Be the best worker out there.

If you can't, then quit and go apply for welfare.

It's embarrassing to be on this lock down.

Again, why are we being babysat by an outside security company????

Oh yeah, because some UAW members were getting paid to sit on a bar stool and then brag about it.

I am not putting a wedge anywhere.

I am not fueling any fire against the UAW

If what I say gets members to understand that we are viewed on the outside by how we behave, then

maybe they will behave like responsible, hard working ADULTS.

We don't get paid a good wage to whine and complain and make the company bow to us.

We get paid a good wage to make the quality parts, and yes, at their jph standard so we can

be competitive in this industry and be proud to be the best at what we do.

For years the outsiders viewed the UAW as 'United Against Working'

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

That will never change when we have workers who play games.

So the next time you're awol, late, etc... It's because of you that the country looks down on us

Edited by Ford&Proud

Hey Ford&Proud

Face it, this guy is an idiot! I'll bet when he first started out at Ford he bitched about all the high seniority people that were working there too.