Stand up

Captain723

Its about time we show the government how much the auto industry means to the US economy. Every person tied to the auto industry need to not pay their house notes for the next 2 months. We also need to stop paying our car notes, credit card bills for the next 2 months. I know some will not want too because of credit ratings, but without a job you will not have to worry about a credit rating!!

Edited by Captain723

Its about time we show the government how much the auto industry means to the US economy. Every person tied to the auto industry need to not pay their house notes for the next 2 months. We also need to stop paying our car notes, credit card bills for the next 2 months. I know some will not want too because of credit ratinges, but without a job you will not have to worry about a credit rating!!

Hell most of us won't be able to pay our bills if we take a cut in pay and only work 40hrs a week. I just love idiots in congress that make 170 thousand a year with benefits to boot think they should demand that we take a pay cut on a 58 thousand a year job. Put their asses on the line 58 hours a week, 2 on one off and see if they think we make to much then. I remember very well that I couldn't wait for that 3rd Friday to come so I could get 2 days off in a row. They have no clue and are playing with our lives and we pay their salarys.

Why don't we do this?

Get 200 or so people together like they do on strike duty, and picket a random Japanese or Korean auto dealer that sells cars made in these prick senator's state. Nothing violent, but just intimidating- just enough to scare the customers away and ding the sales of these dealers. Perhaps if Toyota, Honda, etc start bitching to these worthless hick senators things would change. If not, we could help take thier state's jobs along with ours. Harsh? you bet, but you have to fight fire with fire.

Why don't we do this?

Get 200 or so people together like they do on strike duty, and picket a random Japanese or Korean auto dealer that sells cars made in these prick senator's state. Nothing violent, but just intimidating- just enough to scare the customers away and ding the sales of these dealers. Perhaps if Toyota, Honda, etc start bitching to these worthless hick senators things would change. If not, we could help take thier state's jobs along with ours. Harsh? you bet, but you have to fight fire with fire.

I like it, think I will email my union reps and see if we can't get something going, most people are layed off next week anyway, ought to be able to get alot of people out.

Its about time we show the government how much the auto industry means to the US economy. Every person tied to the auto industry need to not pay their house notes for the next 2 months. We also need to stop paying our car notes, credit card bills for the next 2 months. I know some will not want too because of credit ratings, but without a job you will not have to worry about a credit rating!!

What if you don't have a house,car,or credit card payment?

A few tips and a heads-up on what is going down. Wife told me the drastic cutbacks they announced where she works. Her pay will be cut by about half. So, I made a list of things we could cut back on. One was on our cable we have with Time-Warner. We pay almost $180 a month for cable and roadrunner. We have every channel they offer except the Spanish stuff. Prudently, I marked the chans we never watch and ones we rarely watch. I whittled the list down to about a dozen chans we watch regularly. I called Time-Warner and was connected to their Retention department when I told them what I wanted to cut. The lady was very friendly and did some take-offs that wouldn't affect where we wanted to go. Ended up that my cable bill is about half what I was paying before. Interesting conversation with the lady from Time-Warner. She told me that they are being 'deluged' with people that are cutting off cable entirely or reducing their cable.

Another area I was able to cut was to delete our landline with Verizon. That saves me another $90 bucks a month. We are Sprint cell-phone users only now.

My wife and I have worked damn hard to keep our credit rating at the excellant score we currently have. So, you might want to think about reducing instead of ruining your credit for what might be short term results. Cutting back in every way you can will send a strong message about what we are going thru. Doing those drastic things of not paying at all on your bills just hurts you for a very long time. It also is just playing into the scenario the Reps wish to see. Personally, I see this as a war and I'm prepared to fight back. I know the Reps would just love to see this country go to hell so they can blame Obama. I'll do what I can to not let the bastards get the chance. Besides, I'll feel a bit better that I was able to see thru Rep strategy. Yep, I'll feel a lot better about myself proving I can throw a troutline.

A few tips and a heads-up on what is going down. Wife told me the drastic cutbacks they announced where she works. Her pay will be cut by about half. So, I made a list of things we could cut back on. One was on our cable we have with Time-Warner. We pay almost $180 a month for cable and roadrunner. We have every channel they offer except the Spanish stuff. Prudently, I marked the chans we never watch and ones we rarely watch. I whittled the list down to about a dozen chans we watch regularly. I called Time-Warner and was connected to their Retention department when I told them what I wanted to cut. The lady was very friendly and did some take-offs that wouldn't affect where we wanted to go. Ended up that my cable bill is about half what I was paying before. Interesting conversation with the lady from Time-Warner. She told me that they are being 'deluged' with people that are cutting off cable entirely or reducing their cable.

Another area I was able to cut was to delete our landline with Verizon. That saves me another $90 bucks a month. We are Sprint cell-phone users only now.

My wife and I have worked damn hard to keep our credit rating at the excellant score we currently have. So, you might want to think about reducing instead of ruining your credit for what might be short term results. Cutting back in every way you can will send a strong message about what we are going thru. Doing those drastic things of not paying at all on your bills just hurts you for a very long time. It also is just playing into the scenario the Reps wish to see. Personally, I see this as a war and I'm prepared to fight back. I know the Reps would just love to see this country go to hell so they can blame Obama. I'll do what I can to not let the bastards get the chance. Besides, I'll feel a bit better that I was able to see thru Rep strategy. Yep, I'll feel a lot better about myself proving I can throw a troutline.

Yeah, I was just sooo pissed last night that I wanted to post something. Also would like to say that your ideas are great money savers. Everyone needs to sit and do the same thing. I would also mention that if things get too hard to look at all your unsecure loans (credit cards) before not house note, unless we all do a mass stand and make payments on anything!

You are right on the credit rating thing, really didn't think. I have a 780 credit rating and can't get a car loan....nice!! WOW, who would have thought we would need Bush to bail us out!! sad...sad day. The radio stations are all saying for everyone to send President Bush a email. When I find the link I will post it!!

What we need to do is email our Congress and let them know if these companies go into bankruptcy we do not want the government to provide DIP financing. This is because no U.S. auto company has ever went into Chapter 11 and reorganized, they all went to Chapter 7, liquidation. Additionally the courts will impose cuts in workers pay and benefits and let the companies walk away from there retiree obligations. I say help before bankruptcy or do not help at all. I just emailed Corker and told him the same but also said I want the govt to put $250 billion aside to cover the PGBC, states medicare, food stamp and welfare obligations for all of those who will lose everything.

less than a week ago you wrote in a post:

like you, I don't worry about surviving either...since my retirement, my hobby is making me much more than I expected it to and it is growing large..

What we need to do is email our Congress and let them know if these companies go into bankruptcy we do not want the government to provide DIP financing. This is because no U.S. auto company has ever went into Chapter 11 and reorganized, they all went to Chapter 7, liquidation. Additionally the courts will impose cuts in workers pay and benefits and let the companies walk away from there retiree obligations. I say help before bankruptcy or do not help at all. I just emailed Corker and told him the same but also said I want the govt to put $250 billion aside to cover the PGBC, states medicare, food stamp and welfare obligations for all of those who will lose everything.

Sen.Corker's amendment was for a pre-packaged bankrupcty,part of the language was for the bond holders to give a 30% or 40% reduction. The federal government would then pay a part also. That would have let GM free up alot of cash that would have been going to bond payments.

I still didn't like the bill because of all the government hoops and the car czar.

Yeah, I was just sooo pissed last night that I wanted to post something. Also would like to say that your ideas are great money savers. Everyone needs to sit and do the same thing. I would also mention that if things get too hard to look at all your unsecure loans (credit cards) before not house note, unless we all do a mass stand and make payments on anything!

You are right on the credit rating thing, really didn't think. I have a 780 credit rating and can't get a car loan....nice!! WOW, who would have thought we would need Bush to bail us out!! sad...sad day. The radio stations are all saying for everyone to send President Bush a email. When I find the link I will post it!!

Believe me, I understand getting pissed. It helps to vent every now and then. I just hate playing into someone else's self serving strategy. It's best that we keep trying to do the right thing until we see it is useless to do so. If my pension and healthcare is gone, then I may well be just as pissed and do the things you ranted on. If Obama doesn't turn things around, we may all be locking, loading and looking for a Rep to quell our anger.

Another tip that is a great lifestyle change for the better. About a year before I retired, we invested in the Foodsaver, the vacuum packing system. Been coming up with tricks since, where our food bill has been slashed by about a third and still eating great. We just don't throw any food away at all anymore. We buy foods in bulk when they are on sale and vacuum-pack what we don't eat that week. Buying in bulk and on sale before meant throwing away expensive steaks that just wound up being freezer burnt. I'm constantly amazed with this system. I had a large apple and only ate half. Used to be I would just throw the rest away. Sliced and Foodsaved the rest of it for two weeks. Opened it last night and it was just as fresh as the first half.

If I remember right, the link to Bush is www.whitehouse.gov

Believe me, I understand getting pissed. It helps to vent every now and then. I just hate playing into someone else's self serving strategy. It's best that we keep trying to do the right thing until we see it is useless to do so. If my pension and healthcare is gone, then I may well be just as pissed and do the things you ranted on. If Obama doesn't turn things around, we may all be locking, loading and looking for a Rep to quell our anger.

Another tip that is a great lifestyle change for the better. About a year before I retired, we invested in the Foodsaver, the vacuum packing system. Been coming up with tricks since, where our food bill has been slashed by about a third and still eating great. We just don't throw any food away at all anymore. We buy foods in bulk when they are on sale and vacuum-pack what we don't eat that week. Buying in bulk and on sale before meant throwing away expensive steaks that just wound up being freezer burnt. I'm constantly amazed with this system. I had a large apple and only ate half. Used to be I would just throw the rest away. Sliced and Foodsaved the rest of it for two weeks. Opened it last night and it was just as fresh as the first half.

If I remember right, the link to Bush is www.whitehouse.gov

Thanks for the link....food savers are great!!

less than a week ago you wrote in a post:

Yep, certainly did and certainly is. My hobby/business is also very much tied to those with discretionary spending. Instead of waiting to watch my hobby/buisiness fall overnight like my wife's 401K, I tend to plan ahead. When the wife came home with her bad news, it was time to act immediately. The ones mentioned are just a few of the actions I took for what I believe the future holds. Of course, you have proved, once again, that you are too dense to understand basic logic and need it explained to you.