So who thinks its "cute" to vote Republican now

Grey Goose

:banghead:

go screw yourself jerk!

:banghead: When are we gonna stop fucking with eachother over political party and start looking out for eachother regardless of our personal political leanings????THEY ALL SCREW US!!!! PERIOD!!!We are never going to get anywhere believing that these asswipes up in congress or in the white house give a rats ass about us. And no amount of irrational , childish threats r gonna save anyone's job! strengthen your locals , support them in any situation with management and leave the fucking politics to the jags in washington. Until you make it more attractive to build cars in amercia and it is more profitable to build overseas or just over the border WE R FUCKED! Both parties helped that happen , even if you dont want to admit that! :banghead:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we vote money over morals?

I think the UAW does a great job bargaining for our wages. Should we vote straight Democrat because of this?

The company wants to compete globally and our wages our not competitive. It doesn't mean that we should take a pay cut. Let the UAW do their job and fight for us. We should stick together.

This doesn't mean I will vote for someone who I don't agree with on other important issues.

DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS take what are called BRIBES.That is why the billions in bailout money given to the banks is different than that given to the auto industry-The Detroit three does not pay near the level of BRIBES.A politician is nothing more than a rich man`s whore.The USA is a status seeking society.A dollar bill is good only if I have one and you DO NOT.Better still how about I have a dollar and you OWE ME a dollar that you don`t have.Now that gives me power.I want a 'pound of flesh'.Once again the word that most closely describes U.S. politics is CORRUPTION.

:banghead:

:banghead: When are we gonna stop fucking with eachother over political party and start looking out for eachother regardless of our personal political leanings????THEY ALL SCREW US!!!! PERIOD!!!We are never going to get anywhere believing that these asswipes up in congress or in the white house give a rats ass about us. And no amount of irrational , childish threats r gonna save anyone's job! strengthen your locals , support them in any situation with management and leave the fucking politics to the jags in washington. Until you make it more attractive to build cars in amercia and it is more profitable to build overseas or just over the border WE R FUCKED! Both parties helped that happen , even if you dont want to admit that! :banghead:

Hi,I can tell you why.It is called Divide and Conquer.The people in power do not want anarchy at least not yet.I am sure that will be staged later after gun control.That means Martial Law.All this financial worry and right at Christmas time?A population that is worried is easier to control and may not be paying attention to all the hundreds of billions of dollars that is being handed out to the financial institutions and kicked back to the politicians.I hope Governor Blagovich of Illinois blows the lid off the entire process.

Edited by Fatso

Hi,I can tell you why.It is called Divide and Conquer.The people in power do not want anarchy at least not yet.I am sure that will be staged later after gun control.That means Martial Law.All this financial worry and right at Christmas time?A population that is worried is easier to control and may not be paying attention to all the hundreds of billions of dollars that is being handed out to the financial institutions and kicked back to the politicians.I hope Governor Blagovich of Illinois blows the lid off the entire process.
I love reading your comments Fatso, because your so right--"a population that is worried is easier to control" so they think, but I get the feeling people are starting to "wake up".

A little harsh there brother.....the Canadian Government at least protects their autoworkers with content law.....At least they have healthcare for everyone...even if it isn't the greatest plan in our eyes........and

at least the Canadian autoworkers aren't undermining our wages!!!!!!

I respect Buzz and the CAW......we all should lighten up a little....they are allies......not the enemy

allies?? You all get pissed when we open up another plant in mexico...... but not canada?????

AMERICA = USA, there is no North American Union YET..

And don't reply that Canada pays thier workers more than Mexico. because if that was an Issue, then you would have no problem with all of our products moving to Japan or Germany or the UK, they all have national healthcare AND pay higher wages than we do.

AN AMERICAN JOB LOST, IS A JOB LOST NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY IT HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED TO.......

SO FUCK CANADA.. ONE FOR ALL AND, ALL FOR ONE, USA :kissass:

A little harsh there brother.....the Canadian Government at least protects their autoworkers with content law.....At least they have healthcare for everyone...even if it isn't the greatest plan in our eyes........and

I respect Buzz and the CAW......we all should lighten up a little....they are allies......not the enemy

allies?? You all get pissed when we open up another plant in mexico...... but not canada?????

AMERICA = USA, there is no North American Union YET..

And don't reply that Canada pays thier workers more than Mexico. because if that was an Issue, then you would have no problem with all of our products moving to Japan or Germany or the UK, they all have national healthcare AND pay higher wages than we do.

AN AMERICAN JOB LOST, IS A JOB LOST NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY IT HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED TO.......

SO FUCK CANADA.. ONE FOR ALL AND, ALL FOR ONE, USA :kissass:

In case you haven't noticed they closed plants in Canada also. How long have you worked at Ford. Canada's Automotive union used to be the UAW. Don't lump Canada in with Mexico, not even remotely the same.

In case you haven't noticed they closed plants in Canada also. How long have you worked at Ford. Canada's Automotive union used to be the UAW. Don't lump Canada in with Mexico, not even remotely the same.

Good, I hope they close all the Canadian plants :idea:

BE AMERICAN - BUY AMERICAN

I respect Buzz and the CAW......we all should lighten up a little....they are allies......not the enemy.

not healthcare for everyone........just for canadian citizens. legal visiting american citizen cant get in on it. illegal mexican visitor gets healthcare free in the us. we can argue the merits of each system all day but everyone in the us has healthcare,ever read that sign on the wall in the e.r. that says its against federal law to turn someone away because of inability to pay?????? everyone doesnt,however ,have insurance.

hey if we can get a country to provide defense for the u.s. the way we provide for canada(canada is protected under norad) we could probably afford healthcare for even more non-taxpayers!!! did you know n.y.c. has more police than canada has soldiers?? canada is cool with me though, pretty good whiskey up there and i love snow.

Thats right-- if your not an employee your not suppose to comment, if I wanted to hear what non employees had to say about us I would go to other sites.

Am I understanding you right, You consider retiries non employees, If so you can kiss my ass ! I paided my dues, and that makes me an employee for life, and you nor anyone else can take that away from me, and I know I am speaking for all RETIRIES. You have a nice day - Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Am I understanding you right, You consider retiries non employees, If so you can kiss my ass ! I paided my dues, and that makes me an employee for life, and you nor anyone else can take that away from me, and I know I am speaking for all RETIRIES. You have a nice day - Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Wait a minute! You need to go back and read the rest of the thread!I have NEVER said retirees should not post here. I was asking someone if they were an employee. And for your information, I have the upmost respect for our retirees--- I even like to read napfirst's post, he's kinda funny. Everyone has an opinion, and I like to read them all, so before you jump in my ass, you should first know what your talking about. And if you, like me, have been reading these threads FOR YEARS you would know that I take up for the retiree's. You, my friend, have a Merry Christmas.

Wait a minute! You need to go back and read the rest of the thread!I have NEVER said retirees should not post here. I was asking someone if they were an employee. And for your information, I have the upmost respect for our retirees--- I even like to read napfirst's post, he's kinda funny. Everyone has an opinion, and I like to read them all, so before you jump in my ass, you should first know what your talking about. And if you, like me, have been reading these threads FOR YEARS you would know that I take up for the retiree's. You, my friend, have a Merry Christmas.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I myself still consider myself a Ford employee. Former employee to me is someone that quits, I my friend did not quit, like I said I did my time, and left so younger employees could have a job. I enjoyed my time at Ford, and like to consider myself as a RETIRED FORD EMPLOYEE. Thank you for the consideration on this matter, and again you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I myself still consider myself a Ford employee. Former employee to me is someone that quits, I my friend did not quit, like I said I did my time, and left so younger employees could have a job. I enjoyed my time at Ford, and like to consider myself as a RETIRED FORD EMPLOYEE. Thank you for the consideration on this matter, and again you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mr. Tennisfan;

What working people fail to realize is, and especially in today's transient society, is that; putting in 30 years towards a retirement is pretty much giving your whole life to a company. Each day you get up and go to work, because it's what you do, what you have done and what you will do. You end up basing your whole life around your work. Your closest group of friends are who work with you, probably know you better than the ones you live with. You spend more waking hours at work than any other place. You give up weekends to try to make a better life for those you have closest to you.

You can sit back, smoke dope and not care about anything, because it's just a job, you can go to work 4 days a week, because you can't make it on 3. But if you eventually make it to a point where you can retire, you've pretty much become the company.

Today, people want you to not fade away, but just disappear. Other companies removed any form of pension and leave it up to you to worry about how to make it in your older age. You should be glad we pay a prevailing wage and we are sorry, but we have to have a big bottom line, because we have a superhuman making decisions about the future of our company and it's hard to find these people, thus we have to pay them exorbitant salary's just to retain their services.

Ask yourself these 3 questions and you will have your answer why we should nener again vote for a Republican.

1. If the GOP controlled the Senate would GM be getting a loan that does not destroy the union? NO

2. If this was 2002 instead of 2008 would Bush of given GM the loan? Answer NO

3. If Kerry would have beaten Bush would he have given GM the loan 2 months ago from the TARP? Yes he would have.

Thats all you need to know. A GOP Senate would mean GM/Chrysler would be in chapter 11 and maybe chapter 7 very shortly.

My good man/woman/person, you forgot to put in another scenario that very well could've been--------------->what if all the democrats had their way and ALGORE woulda been annointed instead of GW, would GM have gotten the bailout in time!!!!!!

You mean from the man who authored the catchphrase in his book about the biggest threat to mankind being the internal cumbustion engine?!?!?!?!?!?!?! By the time Obama got sworn in, GM and Chrysler woulda been in bankruptcy, and every union contract would be worthless.

And let us all admit the truth------------>Unions never support republicans; hell they supported Gore who wanted to add a buck tax onto gas. (and probably woulda gotten his way.........in fact, still might by proxy) Bush could've crushed the unions, screwed Obama, and lost NOTHING for doing it. Republicans certainly didn't gain anything by helping the auto industry as far as politically, did they?

And in the end, all the republicans coulda pointed at the Southern Democrats who refused to vote for it; those with transplant auto companys inside their borders.

You want to make it all political. The Southern democrats did, and the senate republicans did also. GW Bush kept you your job, and your contract. Even the evil Dick Cheney was pissed because the repubs and Southern democrats wanted to play politics with your jobs, and the last manufacturing jewels this country has to offer.

I could understand this thread, and your statement; if all the democrats voted to help but was blocked by the republicans and the president. But the fact remains that part of your own little enclave sold you out, and a republican President saved that ass.

If I was some of you guys, I would start to worry about the enemy WITHIN and clean your own house, before you making disparaging comments about the persons party who actually saved you to fight another day. If it woulda been ALGORE, this would be a much colder X-Mas than it already is.

Count your blessing, hug your family, and be thankful a man that knows you hate him, stood for you when some of your own would not. While the road will still be bumpy, at least there will be a road and not a dark hole for all UAW members to fall in over the holidays. He gave us all a bridge to Obama. If he was as juvenile as some of these people on here, and hated us as much as some of you hate him, your children would not be having as nice an X-Mas as they will now.

Good things happen to good people!!!!!!! Most of you are those type of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry X-Mas, and hang in there, America needs its last crown jewel of manufacturing, and you my friends are the ones who will be held responsible for its great success, or great failure, regardless if it is yours to save or not-)

The media tells us that, which is how we know. And we all are positive, the media NEVER lies, aren't we?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My good man/woman/person, you forgot to put in another scenario that very well could've been--------------->what if all the democrats had their way and ALGORE woulda been annointed instead of GW, would GM have gotten the bailout in time!!!!!!

You mean from the man who authored the catchphrase in his book about the biggest threat to mankind being the internal cumbustion engine?!?!?!?!?!?!?! By the time Obama got sworn in, GM and Chrysler woulda been in bankruptcy, and every union contract would be worthless.

And let us all admit the truth------------>Unions never support republicans; hell they supported Gore who wanted to add a buck tax onto gas. (and probably woulda gotten his way.........in fact, still might by proxy) Bush could've crushed the unions, screwed Obama, and lost NOTHING for doing it. Republicans certainly didn't gain anything by helping the auto industry as far as politically, did they?

And in the end, all the republicans coulda pointed at the Southern Democrats who refused to vote for it; those with transplant auto companys inside their borders.

You want to make it all political. The Southern democrats did, and the senate republicans did also. GW Bush kept you your job, and your contract. Even the evil Dick Cheney was pissed because the repubs and Southern democrats wanted to play politics with your jobs, and the last manufacturing jewels this country has to offer.

I could understand this thread, and your statement; if all the democrats voted to help but was blocked by the republicans and the president. But the fact remains that part of your own little enclave sold you out, and a republican President saved that ass.

If I was some of you guys, I would start to worry about the enemy WITHIN and clean your own house, before you making disparaging comments about the persons party who actually saved you to fight another day. If it woulda been ALGORE, this would be a much colder X-Mas than it already is.

Count your blessing, hug your family, and be thankful a man that knows you hate him, stood for you when some of your own would not. While the road will still be bumpy, at least there will be a road and not a dark hole for all UAW members to fall in over the holidays. He gave us all a bridge to Obama. If he was as juvenile as some of these people on here, and hated us as much as some of you hate him, your children would not be having as nice an X-Mas as they will now.

Good things happen to good people!!!!!!! Most of you are those type of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry X-Mas, and hang in there, America needs its last crown jewel of manufacturing, and you my friends are the ones who will be held responsible for its great success, or great failure, regardless if it is yours to save or not-)

The media tells us that, which is how we know. And we all are positive, the media NEVER lies, aren't we?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Their's no way of knowing what Gore might have been able to acomplish. The Senate Republicans are the ones who killed the auto bridge loan legislation with the threat of a filabuster. The vote they had in the Senate was a procedural vote to kill the bill so it could be thrown into Bush's lap. Don't say Bush saved the day, all he did was kick the can to Obama.

Your point is Moot. To bring Gore into this is a slight republican trick. Not to mention that Cheney had the meeting where he told the senators to posture as they wanted, that Bush would deliver something so that the senators could still pander to their base.

First we probably wouldn't be in IRAQ today, who knows about 9/11, we wouldn't have lost over 5,000 men and women overseas, let alone the untold casualties. We might not even be having this meltdown that occurred under Bush's watch.

SORRY, for arm-chair political analysis, I'd rather stick to FOX

People have an absolute right to vote for whoever they wish. There are plenty of Democrats who want the auto industry to file bankruptcy, just as there are Republicans who sided for the bailout. It's not as simple as "Democrats good, Republicans bad."

You should vote for the person, not the party. Do a little research, find out what your own personal beliefs and views are, and find out which party comes closest to agreeing with those views.

But for ANYONE to say that those who voted one way or another should be taken out and beaten is not only irresponsible, but clearly shows a severe lack of knowledge, and overabundance of stupidity.

People fought and died for the privilege to vote for whom we want, that's what a democracy is. If you don't like it, you can always move to North Korea. Try calling someone an "asshole" there and see what happens.

Pretty soon... That's what will happen in this country. Because a lot of ignorant assholes in this country keep voting in the same group of corrupt, power hungry thieves!

Their's no way of knowing what Gore might have been able to acomplish. The Senate Republicans are the ones who killed the auto bridge loan legislation with the threat of a filabuster. The vote they had in the Senate was a procedural vote to kill the bill so it could be thrown into Bush's lap. Don't say Bush saved the day, all he did was kick the can to Obama.

That is a fascinating comment, considering this thread was started by what if this, what if that, and what would've happened, lolol.

I understand you not wanting to talk about Gore, and I do not blame you. But facts are facts; GW bailed it out, like it or not. To say that it was a political trick (written here by another poster) to allow other repubs to pander to their base is almost funny. The point is that if this was the case, then the conclusion is that if the republicans would've know that Bush would NOT bail them out, then they would've. In either case, when the chips are down you can see that Americans do stand for Americans. It makes no difference if it is a President, or a senate. They(he) saved them.

In the end, I love the way that some people try and make it all bad that he did, when they are recipients of the gift. That is like me stating that after a terrorist bomb was dropped on or near my neighborhood and Obama responds to protect me, there must be something bad about it because it is Obama and he is a liberal democrat. Sure, if there were tie ons for the gift, I might criticize them in particular, but I sure wouldn't bitch about the gift itself, or the fact he responded quickly, and effectively to alleviate my fear and discomfort.

And still; nobody here has addressed the reality that Southern Democrats were willing to throw every one of you under the bus for their political gain. All they wanna talk about is how GW musta done it for personal reasons meaning it proves he is evil. (or some other adjective that is not nice)

If that isn't a sure sign that some of you are willing to shoot yourselves in the proverbial foot for dogma purposes,(aka, ALGORE) I don't know what is!!!!!! Which brings us full circle to the point that he who lives in glasshouses should not be casting stones at other glasshouses, until you put screens in front of your windows first!!!!!

Finally, let me point out that after the new congress and President are sworn in, with these bridge loans anything that is demanded of you comes from them, now GW, nor the republicans. Obama will have money put in for all sorts of reasons, and just like GW, can spirit some away to bolster anyone he wishes. So as of Jan 20th, if things get dicey, I wanna hear ya blame the right people!!!!!

I got a buck, three, eighty, that says the Southern Dems are gonna continue to stick it up your derriers as much as they can. Anyone wanna bet?

Merry X-Mas, Happy New Year, and may each of you get to relax a little, along with your familys. This has been a terrible time in our history, and let us all hope that this coming year will be better than the last year of misery and worry.

P.S. I see the great Toyoty has lost money for the first time in over 40 years. Welcome to the real world!!!!!! Maybe the UAW can now use this to get them into our camp! We shall see, we shall see.

If Bush wouldn't have gave the bailout money to the Big 3, America would have fallen. Period. A series of economic catastrophies would have led our nation off of the globe and we would have been "just another third world country". People dont realize how far over the edge we really are, and the fact that we still may be too far gone.

Bush did not bailout GM and Chrysler to look like the "savior" some are calling him. George W. gave the money, so in the eyes of the general public, maybe he won't be directly responsible for our nations collapse. Too late Bush... Your hands are red. The Bush administration should be charged with war crimes, treason, abuse of power, perjury and probably much more that we don't even know about.

Two words. PUBLIC EXECUTION

Did it ever occur to anyone that this whole bailout thing was a set up anyway? The GOP voted it down to satisfy their constituants knowing that Bush will aid the ailing industry because he his leaving and doesn't care what his constituants think.

That leaves the dems that voted no. They won't be forgotten. Morons.

Like I said in an earlier post, all politicians can and will screw us. Typicaly the dems use more lube.

Edited by Makeastand

Bush did not bailout GM and Chrysler to look like the "savior" some are calling him. George W. gave the money, so in the eyes of the general public, maybe he won't be directly responsible for our nations collapse. Too late Bush... Your hands are red. The Bush administration should be charged with war crimes, treason, abuse of power, perjury and probably much more that we don't even know about.

Two words. PUBLIC EXECUTION

AMEN BROTHER!!! This is one of the BEST post I've ever read out here!! I'll volunteer to swing the axe!!

Edited by iuW9ofDcA9kfRu