Future UAW Concessions?

Now to start a war here, but what more concessions are going to be given up in future:

Mine are of course job banks gone forever.

I really believe defined pensions in future will be no more. Just 401K's where hopefully when industry is healthy company will kick in percentage also. No more 30 and out with defined pension.

Of course health care is being off loaded to UAW, but hopefully Obama will help UAW and Domestics here with some form of national healthcare so that doing business in U.S. will not be such a financial burden.

More work rule changes that will favor the company and hopeful profits

Less generous health care benefits in general with possibley dental and optical being eliminated or changed significantly.

And of course as always more modern plants and changovers in general mean less workers needed as someday future assembly plants will probably need less than 1,000 workers even on two shifts.

Now to start a war here, but what more concessions are going to be given up in future:

Mine are of course job banks gone forever.

I really believe defined pensions in future will be no more. Just 401K's where hopefully when industry is healthy company will kick in percentage also. No more 30 and out with defined pension.

Of course health care is being off loaded to UAW, but hopefully Obama will help UAW and Domestics here with some form of national healthcare so that doing business in U.S. will not be such a financial burden.

More work rule changes that will favor the company and hopeful profits

Less generous health care benefits in general with possibley dental and optical being eliminated or changed significantly.

And of course as always more modern plants and changovers in general mean less workers needed as someday future assembly plants will probably need less than 1,000 workers even on two shifts.

I would say the first step is to let the 2010 contract start now. IF both parties have already agree their labor is uncompetitive and needs to be amended, why wait another year when the company is in financial crisis.