Dependent Scholarship Program Suspended

FemInstaller

One thing I would like to know, is how much cash was in this underutilized fund?

I am considering it gone, and not to return in my tenure here, but it would be good to know how the cash flow works in these different areas they are siphoning from.

I would hope the free cars for LL6 and above go next. Let the upper management actually have to go through the car buying process in order to empathise a bit more with the customer.

I got the letter too and it sounds like they fund the program based on hours worked by uaw members. Didn't it say something about reinstating the program in the future as more funds become available? they didn't really say that funding was cut, it sounded more like the fund was empty because there is less money being put into it. due to less workers and fewer hours worked.

I got the letter too and it sounds like they fund the program based on hours worked by uaw members. Didn't it say something about reinstating the program in the future as more funds become available? they didn't really say that funding was cut, it sounded more like the fund was empty because there is less money being put into it. due to less workers and fewer hours worked.

Now that makes more sense.

I agree.....and I disagree.

First of all Mullally was lured here by Ford. Why? Because he just finished a major downsizing of the Aerospace industry at Boeing which is also UAW. He downsized, cut, shut down models, etc.....and was very successful at at. The big money they apid him was mostly a buyout of his former Boeing contract that he lost coming here.

My point is that he was lured here when they were in trouble...so he isn't going to take a cut because they are in trouble......that is why he is here...so that would not be the best indicator.

I agree with him getting his money what about all the other ceo and uaw international reps taking cuts and reduces manpower here to save local jobs at the plants.When we went to one shift local union reps were reduce did Int.Reps lose their cola and manpower too.In the past our local used to stand up to international Reps,now they do what their told and say Its the International Fault for everything that happen in the plant ,then why do have local union Reps ,that our scare shitless they might lose their jobs and go back on the line,so the company and INT.uaw Have us by the balls.

I know that I saw a discussion about ETAP funds in an older thread. I received a letter in the mail yesterday from the UAW-FORD National Programs Center. Here is the jist of it:

Revised Program Guidelines

The Dependent Scholarship Program Will be suspended indefinately effective January 31, 2009.

Scholarship Reimbursement Requests- Reimbursement requests for previous school terms (January 2008 through January 2009) will be accepted through January 31, 2009 provided they meet established program criteria.

I submitted a reimbursement application two days before I received this letter for this winter's term. After reading the above, I highly doubt that it will qualify. I will update as to whether it did once I get notice.

There was no mention as to the suspension of Employee ETAP funds in this letter, perhaps it will come separately.

At the bottom of the letter there were 2 contacts you could call: Amy Goeller (313) 392-7211 and Jay Gazzarato (313) 392-7162. I called Amy on friday and she said that they are still allowing the $1500 per student scholarships to go through for all periods up to and including this latest semester that started in January 09 as long as they recieve it by January 31 and it is filled out properly. I told her I would be sending out an completed application today (friday) and she said it should go through no problem. She did make a point though that if they did not recieve it by 1-31 or there was ANY problem or requirement that went unmet, it would not go through and they're not cutting anybody any slack. So, you should have time to get it done if you move quickly.