"when white embraces what's right".....

Hvcpicker

:banghead: ....."when white embraces what's right"???? I had hoped that this man would unite not divide. Why disrespect the millions of white people who voted for this man? I guess we should just assume we (white people) are to be schooled in the way of life huh? I am very dissapointed. This speach , poems and all that happened today is tightly scripted so dont tell me it wasnt him , he approved all that was said today. That was wrong.

Obama is technically a 'mulatto'.I agree with you that this idea of White Guilt is tiresome and devisive.It can actually be a passive-aggressive con game as well.The year is 2009 there are many problems ,starting with the economy.What are the practical solutions?I would grant a tax break of up to $25,000 to those who purchase a home to be used as a primary residence.I would grant a $5,000 tax break for anyone who purchases a Ford,GM or Chrysler that is Assembled in the USA.There is money out there.The consumer is just too scared to spend.

:reading: Listen , I am not against anyone , only those who offend me. Lowery , in my post it wasnt clear what i was saying, offended me. Period . He and his poem were given the green light by the president. On a day where soo much hope would be given why go there. That being said it is done and we should move on. I ask this though , would any other president be given this sort of pass ? This needs to be about us all TOGETHER. Thats all i am saying. I have moved on after this and hope for the best with OUR president. :shades:

Reverand Lowery is a preacher from the MLK days, he only quoted a quote that has been used through out history. During the bombing and bus boycots this saying was used. So Lowery only continued the use quotes from MLK days when Blacks where treated unfairly "when whites embrace whats right". This quote was meant to show america that we have finally reach Kings dream. Sorry if any of you got offended but it was what it was.

:banghead: Like many whites have done to african americans in the past you will not and cannot tell me how to feel about his statement. Your dismissal , like a swat to a fly, says it all. You would never stand for such dismissal in a matter important to you. It was Racisit , old white people say things that were acceptable in their day to should we just brush it off? Come on dude , African americans will have to get used to the idea that now with Pres. obama in charge you as a people will get the same scrutiny that many white presidents and people have gotten through history! As I heard many times when a racial argument was rasied " we dont run shit how could we affect anything"......Well now "We" dont run shit , give me the address to lodge my complaint! :shades:

Reverand Lowery is a preacher from the MLK days, he only quoted a quote that has been used through out history. During the bombing and bus boycots this saying was used. So Lowery only continued the use quotes from MLK days when Blacks where treated unfairly "when whites embrace whats right". This quote was meant to show america that we have finally reach Kings dream. Sorry if any of you got offended but it was what it was.

If this was the case then he should not have been chosen to deliver the benediction....like you said "it WAS what it WAS"........he as well as anyone who thinks it was ok ought to catch up with the times. Obama won with the "white" vote the times of MLK should be remembered NOT continued.

Edited by macattack