Utica production gen going to sterling plant

the company wants this, Neil is making the company prove that we need these people longer than just a month or 2 before he ok's it, to take these people in, than have a layoff of our own people is what he is trying to avoid.

You hit the nail on the head there brother.

Remember the last couple of buyouts when Sitko went around and told all the low seniority workers to take the buyout because it is not looking good for the plant!!! As we all know it was another scare tactic. All of a sudden we cannot' make it on 40 hrs. a week. Now we are accepting more people that are not 2nd. teir wage new hire's that was negociated in the contract, but transfers from another plant. I thought Sterling was a closed plant to all transfers!!!! If the rules changed why were we not notified of this.

This bullshit is why I feel that the big 3 should have a national seniority country wide transfer list... If my job is at stake, I want to take the next position belonging to me... I dont care where I have to go. If everyone wants to play the seniority card, I also want to play the game...

No disrespect to any brother's and sisters, but what is fair and allowed I want some.

Remember the last couple of buyouts when Sitko went around and told all the low seniority workers to take the buyout because it is not looking good for the plant!!! As we all know it was another scare tactic. All of a sudden we cannot' make it on 40 hrs. a week. Now we are accepting more people that are not 2nd. teir wage new hire's that was negociated in the contract, but transfers from another plant. I thought Sterling was a closed plant to all transfers!!!! If the rules changed why were we not notified of this.

This bullshit is why I feel that the big 3 should have a national seniority country wide transfer list... If my job is at stake, I want to take the next position belonging to me... I dont care where I have to go. If everyone wants to play the seniority card, I also want to play the game...

No disrespect to any brother's and sisters, but what is fair and allowed I want some.

how many coming? when? what seniority? for good?

Axles....

There was no change in language on this....

Read the letters on page 99 and 101 in vol.4 of the agreement.....

Nothing says that JSP from other facilities can't come to available work at Sterling or Rawsonville...

I agree on the last part.... Posting opportunities company wide instead of offering the available work to the highest seniority person on ILO is just wrong....

SOLIDARITY

how many coming? when? what seniority? for good?

228 elec has it right. Neil is trying to make sure we have enough jobs for the number of people they want to send.

We do have some production jobs but not sure if that matches up with the number they are trying to send.

I was told like 150 people is what they are trying to send us. Not confirmed yet but thats the rumor. I was told the people in gen at Utica have 94 or lower seniority. They have about 300 people left in Gen.

There is a posting going up for Romeo for 50 people and then a posting for Michigan Proving Grounds 30 people.

That would leave 200 people in gen at Utica.

Then it is possible Sterling will pick up a few after those two openings are filled.

Does anyone know if this is part of the elimination of JSP? That would make sense. I just do not want people coming then we have a layoff or somthing. That would be complete bullshit.

From what I am told by the committeroom we will only take what we will actually need.

Yes this would be permanent.

If thats the case I am fine with it.

Doesn't Sterling still have people in JSP? If so, do they not have to place them before getting outside help?

I thought we just had machine repair in jsp? Like 2 or 3 people? Would they be willing to do production?

I wish they would post those Romeo and Michigan Proving Grounds openings zone wide like they are supposed to if we have a JSP.

I would put in for MPG and test drive cars all day. :happy feet:

228 elec has it right. Neil is trying to make sure we have enough jobs for the number of people they want to send.

We do have some production jobs but not sure if that matches up with the number they are trying to send.

I was told like 150 people is what they are trying to send us. Not confirmed yet but thats the rumor. I was told the people in gen at Utica have 94 or lower seniority. They have about 300 people left in Gen.

There is a posting going up for Romeo for 50 people and then a posting for Michigan Proving Grounds 30 people.

That would leave 200 people in gen at Utica.

Then it is possible Sterling will pick up a few after those two openings are filled.

Does anyone know if this is part of the elimination of JSP? That would make sense. I just do not want people coming then we have a layoff or somthing. That would be complete bullshit.

From what I am told by the committeroom we will only take what we will actually need.

Yes this would be permanent.

'when is this happening?

If thats the case I am fine with it.

I thought we just had machine repair in jsp? Like 2 or 3 people? Would they be willing to do production?

I wish they would post those Romeo and Michigan Proving Grounds openings zone wide like they are supposed to if we have a JSP.

I would put in for MPG and test drive cars all day. :happy feet:

when is this happening? utica coming

I was told sometime in Feb...The union meeting is today. Lets go an ask. It's in 1 hour. I am sure these guys will tell us the truth at the meeting. I am going to get my lazy ass out of bed and go to the meeting today. See you there.

Maybe things are different at your local, but from my experience that line about getting the truth at the meeting was hilarious!

Maybe things are different at your local, but from my experience that line about getting the truth at the meeting was hilarious!

Understandable if your from vandyke :fan:

Neil said the first 80 coming on febuary 12. But that they are just making sure we need as many as the company is requesting and make sure there is no layoff if they come.

He answered the question honestly and thats what I do like about our meetings. If you ask they tell you what they know. The problem seems to be they don't know the answers on some things because everything depends on if some America will buy an AMerican product or keep buying Corkers shit piles.

the company wants this, Neil is making the company prove that we need these people longer than just a month or 2 before he ok's it, to take these people in, than have a layoff of our own people is what he is trying to avoid.

Off topic. Man I love the avatar 228.

What's with all the rumors of Utica prod. coming to sterling. Why has no one hyped this up yet?

Just wondering...

Dont understand were the openings are going to be , we have no available work at this time ,and we have about 100 or so people on TLO at any given time 148 job postings is overboard , they will displace many of our people . Instead of bring those people they should use the people on TLO first .I think we should start calling some of our reps. downtown an ask WTF !!

Dont understand were the openings are going to be , we have no available work at this time ,and we have about 100 or so people on TLO at any given time 148 job postings is overboard , they will displace many of our people . Instead of bring those people they should use the people on TLO first .I think we should start calling some of our reps. downtown an ask WTF !!

FORD'S plan to jam all the plants with jsp leftovers then layoff the low sen.We are screwed at sterling!!!Don't waste your time on a phonecall.

Well I am one of the workers coming, I would rather not take someones job I hope that does not happen.

FORD'S plan to jam all the plants with jsp leftovers then layoff the low sen.We are screwed at sterling!!!Don't waste your time on a phonecall.

This is the second time for me, I went to Utica from Chesterfield like many of you did.

Almost all will have 94 to 95. Do you need that many people? New line starting up?

They are adding shifts on the Super Duty line and the Mustang line and all supporting depts. Not exactly vehicles that are high volume. This definitely will not be a long term thing and low seniority at Sterling will suffer, but I cant blame anybody trying to get a job in-zone. Im just sayin people will get screwed sooner than later.