? for someone at the KC plant

mhopfenzitz

I guess transfers won't start July 1st then. Maybe after shutdown or before?

The union here has not even told us how many packages or when we could except to get them. They have said their coming but nothing else has been given to us. As of yet... I no we have too many people now from what I was told 200 over.. Your getting more info at Slap then we are.. :shrug: Other then rumors Nothing else has been said.. :headscratch:

The union here has not even told us how many packages or when we could except to get them. They have said their coming but nothing else has been given to us. As of yet... I no we have too many people now from what I was told 200 over.. Your getting more info at Slap then we are.. :shrug: Other then rumors Nothing else has been said.. :headscratch:

Word is at slap is that next monday we will have a meeting to find out how many for sure will

take a transfer to KC, add that to the no. of extra's at KC and offer that many packages.

I expect it will be close to 1000.

Word is at slap is that next monday we will have a meeting to find out how many for sure will

take a transfer to KC, add that to the no. of extra's at KC and offer that many packages.

I expect it will be close to 1000.

I think they'll offer as many packages as it takes. The question is: Will they get enough people to take them there to get everyone from SLAP who wants to go up there?

If any KC people are reading this, is there a large percentage of people who live in Kansas who work there? For those living in Kansas, is the commute all that bad, time and traffic wise?

We've been looking primarily in Liberty, Gladstone and NKC.

Hey Big Head Mike, heard you found a house you liked last weekend. What city was it in?

Edited by Twincam Harley

I think they'll offer as many packages as it takes. The question is: Will they get enough people to take them there to get everyone from SLAP who wants to go up there?

If any KC people are reading this, is there a large percentage of people who live in Kansas who work there? For those living in Kansas, is the commute all that bad, time and traffic wise?

Hey Big Head Mike, heard you found a house you liked last weekend. What city was it in?

it depends on what kind of life style you want those areas are nice and liberty has build up so much traffic at 4:30-5:00 is horrible. it's close to the plant and nkc is nice also. i recolated and was told to stay North of the river.. if you like the country more smaller twons then smithville lake,kearney and excelsior spring is a nice area. the drive to the plant would be like 30min. the schools are nice in that area also. I live in nkc and my child go's to school there and it's nice also. Have not had a problem. I hope we get more info here,as I am wanting to get me a buy out and move on. The stress of the auto indursty just is not worth it anymore. I just would like our union to give us more info. on when we could get these buy outs. but as far as now everything is just rumors... and no when,how, or what is going on... good luck to everyone wanting to come here to kcap....if you need any help or other questions just ask.. I'll help anyway I can.. I no you'll have a relocating person to also help from the glass house. good luck to all.... :cheerleader:

Hey Twincam,

Hows it going? I live in Grain Valley, which is on I70, nice community, great schools, quiet, and we love it out here. It takes me 25 minutes to get to the plant. The commute to Kansas is not that good, Johnson county has high taxes as well as a somewhat unfriendly commute, beautiful area though. Liberty, Gladstone, and NKC are nice areas. Let me tell you a quick story. When my wife and I were shopping for homes, we found the floor plan we wanted and started shopping all around the KC metro area. It would have cost me 15K to 30K more to buy my same house North of the River. There are also some really nice outlying areas you might want to look at, Excelsior Springs, Kearney, and Platte City might save you some money if you want to live North of the river. If not, look at Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, or even Grain Valley. A good web site to browse the homes for sale is www.reeceandnichols.com. Hope this info helps you a little.

Dave

it depends on what kind of life style you want those areas are nice and liberty has build up so much traffic at 4:30-5:00 is horrible. it's close to the plant and nkc is nice also. i recolated and was told to stay North of the river.. if you like the country more smaller twons then smithville lake,kearney and excelsior spring is a nice area. the drive to the plant would be like 30min. the schools are nice in that area also. I live in nkc and my child go's to school there and it's nice also. Have not had a problem. I hope we get more info here,as I am wanting to get me a buy out and move on. The stress of the auto indursty just is not worth it anymore. I just would like our union to give us more info. on when we could get these buy outs. but as far as now everything is just rumors... and no when,how, or what is going on... good luck to everyone wanting to come here to kcap....if you need any help or other questions just ask.. I'll help anyway I can.. I no you'll have a relocating person to also help from the glass house. good luck to all.... :cheerleader:

Thanx for your help :)

I started looking at liberty cuz that was some advice given to alot of slapers back a couple of months ago,

but smithville lake has deffinately cought my eye.

I truly think that around 1000 packages will be offered within the next couple of weeks, and hope everyone

from KC and SLAP get what they are looking for.

The house I rented for 6 months is up for sale it is in North KC just 6 miles from the Plant.. Liberty schools.It would be a great buy for someone... very nice.. Here is the owners Number Her names is Peg & Jim Stephens 816-407-9068. We came from Ohio ( in july) an this is 3 bed 2 1/2 bath with 2 car garage Nice wooden floors..... We are moving to a ranch( we need a one floor plan or would have bought it ) the last weekend of the month so it is on the market..... If that isn't what you need Here is a name of a really neat guy that help us alot to find what we were looking for. Dennis Hensen 816-222-4349 .. or 816-509-5505 He rents, lease, Buys and rents with opition to buy..... He is really good with all of your opitions for getting the house you want.... Very personal you are not just a number ... Being new just like the slap people we ran around and around talk to anybody we could and Dennis was the best....Didn't like relocation person.always in a hurry and just after the ford buck was what I thought... Good luck to all at SLAPand the move.

:cheerleader: :happy feet:

I will try and get a list of links together for local realty and various local websites that contain good information together and post it up for everyone. If anyone has a good one, email it to me, and I will check it out and add it to the list.

See my post under SLAP NEWS as I just posted info from our union meeting this afternoon regarding our transfers and KCAP buyouts.

Hey Twincam,

Hows it going? I live in Grain Valley, which is on I70, nice community, great schools, quiet, and we love it out here. It takes me 25 minutes to get to the plant. The commute to Kansas is not that good, Johnson county has high taxes as well as a somewhat unfriendly commute, beautiful area though. Liberty, Gladstone, and NKC are nice areas. Let me tell you a quick story. When my wife and I were shopping for homes, we found the floor plan we wanted and started shopping all around the KC metro area. It would have cost me 15K to 30K more to buy my same house North of the River. There are also some really nice outlying areas you might want to look at, Excelsior Springs, Kearney, and Platte City might save you some money if you want to live North of the river. If not, look at Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, or even Grain Valley. A good web site to browse the homes for sale is www.reeceandnichols.com. Hope this info helps you a little.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I think I'll expand my search a little. My big thing is my son will be playing alot, and I mean alot of baseball in Liberty, Overland Park and Shawnee so not only do I have to consider the drive to work but all the running we'll be doing to practices and games.

I will try and get a list of links together for local realty and various local websites that contain good information together and post it up for everyone. If anyone has a good one, email it to me, and I will check it out and add it to the list.

Thanks, Kzinti!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

HA HA ! YOU MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING TO POPINZITS. iT WAS IN EXSELSIOR SPRINGS {AKA ALKASELTSER SPRINGS.] Down a rock road of shit. By some houses of shit. In the woods of shit. Needless to say, It was shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fan:

HA HA ! YOU MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING TO POPINZITS. iT WAS IN EXSELSIOR SPRINGS {AKA ALKASELTSER SPRINGS.] Down a rock road of shit. By some houses of shit. In the woods of shit. Needless to say, It was shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fan:

sooo are ya gettin it? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I feel like you really should since it TOOK 3 HOURS TO FIND!!!!!!!

Cameron is not a bad town its about 35 minutes north of the plant housing is pretty reasonable,schools are good if you need any info message me back i know a good realtor that has dealt in helping alot of ford workers

TwinCam--

i am currently selling my home in gladstone. It is about 5-10 minutes from the p lant and requires no highway travel. It is 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, finished basement, and has a new furnace and new a/c. It has a huge acre lot that is fenced in and a double tier deck that is simply beutiful. NKC has some pretty good schools as well. I am asking $125,000 but am listing to offers. I just put in new paint, new carpet, and new windows throughout the house. If you would be interested in looking at the property or i could email you some pics if you would like, email me at mckown24@yahoo.com. i hopw you find what you are looking for and will help with anything you may need help with.

Good Luck

Micky

TwinCam--

i am currently selling my home in gladstone. It is about 5-10 minutes from the p lant and requires no highway travel. It is 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, finished basement, and has a new furnace and new a/c. It has a huge acre lot that is fenced in and a double tier deck that is simply beutiful. NKC has some pretty good schools as well. I am asking $125,000 but am listing to offers. I just put in new paint, new carpet, and new windows throughout the house. If you would be interested in looking at the property or i could email you some pics if you would like, email me at mckown24@yahoo.com. i hopw you find what you are looking for and will help with anything you may need help with.

Good Luck

Micky

Micky, Thanks for the heads up on your house. The wife and I visited KC last weekend and believe we found the subdivision we'd like to purchase in. It's called Amber Meadows/Lakes and we have the option to build or buy existing. My wife has been bugging me for years for a bigger house so we're going to go bigger with the move.

Thanks for trying to help us SLAP people who will be moving. I'm sure you might find some other folks on here who might be interested in your house.

That is a very nice subdivision B) Seems most of us at KCAP either live north of the river in Liberty, NKC, Gladstone, Kearny, Cameron, etc or south of the river in Blue Springs, Lees Summit, Independence, Grain Valley, etc.........

That is a very nice subdivision B) Seems most of us at KCAP either live north of the river in Liberty, NKC, Gladstone, Kearny, Cameron, etc or south of the river in Blue Springs, Lees Summit, Independence, Grain Valley, etc.........

There's definitely alot of choices up there. My wife wanted a big house and that area seems to have alot of upside for the future in my opinion with the amount of housing growth taking place. The new schools being built near there is also a plus.

couple of q's for a KC worker'

about how many people do you have at that plant with over 30 yrs.

and how is the work out facility there? (gym) I heard their was a pool (just kiddin)

Hey popinzits, I know you meant EATEN out facility. cause i know you don't work, muchless, workout. :runaway:

Hey popinzits, I know you meant EATEN out facility. cause i know you don't work, muchless, workout. :runaway:

YOU DICK!!!!!!

I know if I was dragging around 90lbs of chin all day, I would have to lose some weight.

and probably wouldnt have 90lbs of chin if I got a little sex once in a while :kissass: