Van Dyke Layoffs

theycandothat

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also heard something about lawyers, but did not ask what it was about. Is mid6f full on afternoon shift or is that posting needed to fill it. Like I said many times before Mod does what Mod does, because nobody calls him out on it. And slick Nick does'nt want to interupt his appointment either so were all fucked. These people were not forced to come here, some of them are probably his drinking buddies from the past.

Afternoons is still a partial crew, and will remain that way after the new people take the postings, then the current employees will be laid off. I don't know anything about the new people and won't make any attempts to gauge there connections or lack of, they are probably just the next people in line to go somewhere, and it appears that Mod invited them to VD. I don't even care about that myself, if we had work for them, but we don't. The way it stands today the current employees on 6FM afternoons are getting laid off, no matter that there are people in the plant below them, and the new people are getting their jobs. I have talked to the union about it, and any conversation that starts with, "Dude, ya gotta understand.........." is over with at that point. Regional said something along the lines of, "that's not right, but what did I care, it's just a TLO until the economy gets better?" Like I said, there are some unhappy campers around VD these days, and not all of the lawyer talk is coming out of 6FM, there is plenty in the back too.

Yeah things are heating up at VD.

I don't know who's telling the truth, I don't know if things are being done correctly, even though it smells fishy, I don't know what to make of it anymore. :unsure: Having been to a couple of other plants already, I do know that this sort of thing is not special to VD, it goes on everywhere, and it gets old after awhile.

people are feeling betrayed. People see that $58 a month come out of their paychecks then turn on the TV and hear more bad news about the state of the industry. They see Alan up there telling congress " No I am good with my pay scale." and then two minutes later he wants more cuts from our side. Then they go into work and see how the locals are being run. Seeing how the same people that we all pay only seem to help the 10% and not the 90%. Somewhere along the lines they got it mixed up.

Now Vandyke is no different form any other plant. It happens everywhere. We all have to make decisions with the info that we have in hand. The problem is that the union is not giving either the right info, or not enough info so that the PEOPLE can make the best educated decision for themselves. They try leaving you in the dark, or use FEAR to pursued you into a buyout, contracts, votes, They play the floor against each other. high vs Low, or Vandyke vs. Utica vs. Sterling. It affects everyone. Remember once they do it to one group they will move on to the other. The only way to solve this is to answer the questions honestly and walk the floor and tell the people whats really going on. Walk the floor take your licks pot shots whatever you want to call them That is the only way to settle the ripple affect of this last two weeks there.

Here is what people are pissed off at....take a look at what just happened with 6fm Mod made a call to layoff by shift (bad call and against national agreement) then went on vacation....people will ask why this happened and Mod will blame it on IUAW or region. People are sick and tired of the BS games in the committee room weather your at fault or not we rarely get any answers to serious questions its always someone elses call or fault. Now its too late and its time to pay the piper, people are going to lose theire jobs and with the new contract thats coming low senority are going to get the blunt of it. You may not be to blame Steve, but just as your parents told you when you were younger be carefull of the company you keep, because you are sometimes juged by them.

First off, thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea what the hell nextup was was talking about. The thing everyone needs to know is that Mod didn't make any call. The company decides how they want to do the layoff. It's the Unions job to argue if they feel they are doing it wrong. Now ask anyone in the room and they will tell you they disagree with the way the company did the layoff. I came on this site and tried to give you guys information the best i could with what i knew. I gave you the language the company used to justify their stance. I even stated that i didn't like it. Now i am getting getting my ass chewed.....For what? No fucking wonder no one wants to come on here with their real name and try to give information out. I have tried to explain that it is probably best for me to stick to the Skilled Trades side of the issues considering i am not involved with the day to day issues of Production, and i have been asked to not stop trying to give the info out. I was told that the info i was relaying was appreciated. Now, in the blink of an eye, I'm a no good cock sucker and i am to blame for this shit. People are threatening me with a lawsuit? People are telling me that i will be thrown out next election because i am part of the room? All i will tell you is that i didn't have all the info when i tried to explain what happened. I didn't have the opportunity to speak to Mod directly after the layoff of 6FM was announced. If you want to know what exactly went down, stop by the room or call your committeeman out and they will explain how this thing went down.

First off, thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea what the hell nextup was was talking about. The thing everyone needs to know is that Mod didn't make any call. The company decides how they want to do the layoff. It's the Unions job to argue if they feel they are doing it wrong. Now ask anyone in the room and they will tell you they disagree with the way the company did the layoff. I came on this site and tried to give you guys information the best i could with what i knew. I gave you the language the company used to justify their stance. I even stated that i didn't like it. Now i am getting getting my ass chewed.....For what? No fucking wonder no one wants to come on here with their real name and try to give information out. I have tried to explain that it is probably best for me to stick to the Skilled Trades side of the issues considering i am not involved with the day to day issues of Production, and i have been asked to not stop trying to give the info out. I was told that the info i was relaying was appreciated. Now, in the blink of an eye, I'm a no good cock sucker and i am to blame for this shit. People are threatening me with a lawsuit? People are telling me that i will be thrown out next election because i am part of the room? All i will tell you is that i didn't have all the info when i tried to explain what happened. I didn't have the opportunity to speak to Mod directly after the layoff of 6FM was announced. If you want to know what exactly went down, stop by the room or call your committeeman out and they will explain how this thing went down.

Now Steve, we both know what kind of answer someone other than yourself is going to give us. We have had many disagreements on this site before you and I, but this is a Mod problem Not yours. I understand some people on this site or at work are mother fucking you, but you've earned my respect by coming on here, and putting some info out there. Like I've said in the past, people are going to either like it or not. As long as it's the truth I'm o.k with it. I don't like whats going on at VD, but the way it goes. Let me ask you one more question. Can you tell me the last thing Mod did to help the membership and not one individual. That's the problem if he does'nt communicate the good we only hear the bad. Hang in there

Now Steve, we both know what kind of answer someone other than yourself is going to give us. We have had many disagreements on this site before you and I, but this is a Mod problem Not yours. I understand some people on this site or at work are mother fucking you, but you've earned my respect by coming on here, and putting some info out there. Like I've said in the past, people are going to either like it or not. As long as it's the truth I'm o.k with it. I don't like whats going on at VD, but the way it goes. Let me ask you one more question. Can you tell me the last thing Mod did to help the membership and not one individual. That's the problem if he does'nt communicate the good we only hear the bad. Hang in there

I think the last thing Mod did for the membership was the motorcycle parking! Less then 1% of the plant uses, we should put a statue up of him or at least line it with 40's

Steve,

There is no reason to defend yourself. Everyone with a good state of mind on her knows it takes guts to do what you do. Your the only one on here with your Real name. your the only one from that room that puts his neck out there to get the info to the people who need it. Good or bad. As long as its the truth to the best of your ability. With the info that you receive at the present time. That is all the shop floor wants is to be informed of the happenings and the important info that has been lacking out there. the stuff that is affecting the PEOPLE. Now I hope next election people will look at each person and make a choice. but we all know when people are upset, or feel cheated sometimes they all fall. Not based on your experience but by association.

Good luck, and please keep the line of communications open

Steve,

There is no reason to defend yourself. Everyone with a good state of mind on her knows it takes guts to do what you do. Your the only one on here with your Real name. your the only one from that room that puts his neck out there to get the info to the people who need it. Good or bad. As long as its the truth to the best of your ability. With the info that you receive at the present time. That is all the shop floor wants is to be informed of the happenings and the important info that has been lacking out there. the stuff that is affecting the PEOPLE. Now I hope next election people will look at each person and make a choice. but we all know when people are upset, or feel cheated sometimes they all fall. Not based on your experience but by association.

Good luck, and please keep the line of communications open

I agree completely. Keep up the good work Steve to the best of your ability. Also you need to make sure you do not get caught up even in the slightest way with your head stuck up Mod's ass. All the good work you have done or attempted to do will be forgotten in a blink of an eye. That is just how the floor works. Good luck. Who knows, maybe I will take a chance at politics in a year. If I do, I will come see you Steve to find out your opinion and maybe some pointers. Thanks.

I agree completely. Keep up the good work Steve to the best of your ability. Also you need to make sure you do not get caught up even in the slightest way with your head stuck up Mod's ass. All the good work you have done or attempted to do will be forgotten in a blink of an eye. That is just how the floor works. Good luck. Who knows, maybe I will take a chance at politics in a year. If I do, I will come see you Steve to find out your opinion and maybe some pointers. Thanks.

What if he supports MOD? Are you saying your done with him?

Or just that he should take his head out of MOD's ass?

Clarification Please.

Clarification Please.

Just saying that people on here have made mention of his head being up Mod's ass. I know at one point Steve was backing Mod up when all the scandal broke on the news, but I am not aware of him backing him on decisions that have been made that effect the membership. I honestly can not say that I know where he currently stands when it comes to Mod. I will ask him though and if he tells me that he backs him unconditionally, then I know that he is not good for advice.

Clarification Please.

I believe Steve is in a bad situation. He has an ass hole for a chairman, a plant committee that bailed on the room and no where to turn. Do i believe he is a big mod boy, I don't think so. During the last election he was a big supporter of rob miller in which I should have listened to Steve and voted for. So give the guy a break and lets see what he does. I believe he knows right from wrong even though he is not perfect by far.

Let me make it clear for everyone ..... I will never back anyone unconditionally.

Every single person ( whether already elected or trying to get elected) should run on their own merit and ability. Everyone in a current elected position makes the bed they will eventually sleep in everyday they come to work and that includes me! If i run again and don't get re-elected, that's My fault and my fault alone. We have to investigate the people running for positions. Look at what they have done in the past. It is a good indication of what they will do in the future. If they have never been in a elected position before, what kind a person were they on the floor? If they were a slug on the floor, they will most likely be a slug in the room. If they are a good worker, there is a chance they might make a good elected official. Ask them questions. See what they know. I will vote for whoever i think is best suited for the job.

Let me make it clear for everyone ..... I will never back anyone unconditionally.

Every single person ( whether already elected or trying to get elected) should run on their own merit and ability. Everyone in a current elected position makes the bed they will eventually sleep in everyday they come to work and that includes me! If i run again and don't get re-elected, that's My fault and my fault alone. We have to investigate the people running for positions. Look at what they have done in the past. It is a good indication of what they will do in the future. If they have never been in a elected position before, what kind a person were they on the floor? If they were a slug on the floor, they will most likely be a slug in the room. If they are a good worker, there is a chance they might make a good elected official. Ask them questions. See what they know. I will vote for whoever i think is best suited for the job.

I do not agree with you 100% maybe 90%, I think people need to look at YOU or anyone else on their own merit like you said. But if someone is doing well or had done well in the past that you believe to be 100% honest and with integrity we should support them no matter what. so hang in there and keep doing your job. But unfortunately just like administrations in the past. People get tied to the leaders. Good luck and stay strong!

I couldn't agee more Steve, lets take a look at the present chairman: A slug as the past chairman, A slug as a worker, and a slug as the present chariman.

I couldn't agee more Steve, lets take a look at the present chairman: A slug as the past chairman, A slug as a worker, and a slug as the present chariman.

Since the room can't make a decision without IUWA, why don't they run it from downtown. It always seems to be that way, because they said they can, so let them run, you guys are useless anyway.

why should do entirely different animals be under the same contract? we are an entirely different beast from production. I've been both and i understand the reasons why we are different.

What exactly is your gripe? i'd love to hear it at the meeting this sunday.

Wow it is assclowns like that guy that we need to stop. The company has and always will always love us coming up with ways to argue against one another. Whether it be production vs trades, one trade vs another trade, high seniority vs low, etc, etc. When will we all wake up and quit with the arguing. As far as trades go, hell they were the ones that wanted to go back to school and get a trade under their belt so they could make more money. I say more power to them. Just because most of us either choose not to become trades or do not make the list, does not mean we have to be look down on those that did make it.

I agree with ljcdad, him and all the other people on trades are a completely different animal. SO what time is this meeting? I do not recall seeing any flyers for it anywhere in the plant.