More Saline Questions

downriverrat

First I’ve heard rumors that Saline is going back to a FORD facility for months now, which I never believed because it doesn’t make good business sense for Ford to do that now. Today I was told that people have seen a semi truck on the plant property with Blue Oval signs in it??? Bullshit???? Anybody heard this?

If Saline did go back to Ford:

A: All Saline workers that flowed out of that plant as an ACH that was slated to be sold or closed by 2008 should have first rights to return!!!!!

B: All the recent openings that were posted as a “temporary” should have to be reposted!

Secondly; this whole Saline deal makes no since. I understand the need to empty the jobs bank, but instead of creating all of this “temporary” churning why would the union and the company just tell the people in the bank to report to Saline? Saline is not a Ford plant, and bank people could have been placed there temporarily. Wow.. job bank empty.. quick, easy, simple. Now you’ve got all these people moving and being backfilled with bank people temporally.

We were told that the 200+ openings created at our plant by the Saline volunteers will be filled by available job bank people, and they will be “loaned” to us as temporaries with no seniority…????? I’ve never heard of such a thing, and I wonder if the bank people are aware of this.

That rumor has been going around since the first bolt was put in the Visteon sign, And continued during the ACH sign install.

There are Ford Rawsonville trucks bringing "trailers" in. Over the years, The oval sign has been "under a tarp in Wixom" in our "east warehouse" (just last week!LMAO!) in "our polebarn" etc.

Don't get sucked into a rumor bro.

That rumor has been going around since the first bolt was put in the Visteon sign, And continued during the ACH sign install.

There are Ford Rawsonville trucks bringing "trailers" in. Over the years, The oval sign has been "under a tarp in Wixom" in our "east warehouse" (just last week!LMAO!) in "our polebarn" etc.

Don't get sucked into a rumor bro.

Maybe...if everyone stuck together, in all the "Ford owned" facilities, we could convince Ford to take Saline back. This would create more jobs for Ford workers and get seniority rights back for all who are transferring to Saline. Okay Assembly Plants...refuse product from Saline until the Blue Oval goes back up in front of the plant. That should work! All in the name of Solidarity!!!!!!!

Edited by boatbaby

Maybe...if everyone stuck together, in all the "Ford owned" facilities, we could convince Ford to take Saline back. This would create more jobs for Ford workers and get seniority rights back for all who are transferring to Saline. Okay Assembly Plants...refuse product from Saline until the Blue Oval goes back up in front of the plant. That should work! All in the name of Solidarity!!!!!!!

Nobody wishes that would happen more than me, but wake up...you're dreaming!! :finger:

Sorry guys to inform you, but I have the lowdown on this, Saline is indeed now back to being a Ford Facility and this is why I signed up. Ford bought this plant back because there was an issue with ACH or whoever was slated to actually purchase it just didn't. And because of the new layoff agreement the UAW now has with Ford and the Gen pool is eliminated they were able to keep it Ford. Of course not all plants were this lucky. Sheldon Rd is still up for sale and there is over 150 people left.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

[wiping eyes from the tears]You have the lowdown and yet, You don't even know who backed out of the purchase! LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Ford bought this plant back because...." :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Damn, I needed that laugh! [/wiping eyes from the tears!]

Saline is not a Ford plant.

Saline is not planned on being a Ford plant ever again.

Everybody that is transferring there is transferring with temp status, and they are only allowing Ford workers to transfer there to open spots up to empty the GEN pool.

Saline will still be either sold or closed, just as it has always intended to be, and there is no information to think otherwise.

Sorry guys to inform you, but I have the lowdown on this, Saline is indeed now back to being a Ford Facility and this is why I signed up. Ford bought this plant back because there was an issue with ACH or whoever was slated to actually purchase it just didn't. And because of the new layoff agreement the UAW now has with Ford and the Gen pool is eliminated they were able to keep it Ford. Of course not all plants were this lucky. Sheldon Rd is still up for sale and there is over 150 people left.

IMHO,WDMJS (in my humble opinion, which doesn't mean jack shit):

I don't know if Ford could "buy" Saline (or Sandusky, Sheldon Road, Utica, or Indy) from ACH, since Ford already owns these plants.

At Indy, since almost 100% of our "life support" (money, systems, etc.) is Ford, I'd say we're 99% a Ford plant.

Since the company DID re-sign Sterling and Rawsonville as Ford, it's possible at Saline, too. And the plant could still be slated for sale or closure.

P.S. with Johnson Controls---one of the strongest independent suppliers---backing out of buying into Saline, does anybody see any other company interested?

IMHO,WDMJS (in my humble opinion, which doesn't mean jack shit):

I don't know if Ford could "buy" Saline (or Sandusky, Sheldon Road, Utica, or Indy) from ACH, since Ford already owns these plants.

At Indy, since almost 100% of our "life support" (money, systems, etc.) is Ford, I'd say we're 99% a Ford plant.

Since the company DID re-sign Sterling and Rawsonville as Ford, it's possible at Saline, too. And the plant could still be slated for sale or closure.

P.S. with Johnson Controls---one of the strongest independent suppliers---backing out of buying into Saline, does anybody see any other company interested?

this is just my meaning less 2 cents, I think it will remain ACH llc. for the fact is this, by having a limited liability co. It some how is allowing for some form of accounting trickery in favor of Ford Motor Co. When they chose to take back the 21 Visteon plants , there was a reason ACH was formed. I'm not an accounting expert ,but I would believe this was very well thought out first.

Well if there is one thing I've learned since Visteon was spun off is never say never. I've seen so many things happen that I would never have believed years ago would happen, that nothing surprises me anymore. Anything CAN happen. And you people that are saying this will never happen or that will never happen know it, too. I'm not holding my breath for the Blue Oval to come back to Saline. But I CAN see (assuming no buyer comes forward) that eventually maybe they'll slap a different name on the front and it will be called a subsidiary of Ford and actually be owned and operated by Ford but not have the name out front. I know they don't WANT to be in the parts business, but a different name might be enough to separate the two to please the notion that they aren't in the parts business and still keep the plant going because they need the parts, Saline does an outstanding job at it, and it's the right location. Who really knows at this point? Time will tell.

Edited by fordguy61mi