Goodbye Monroe

dingleberry911

I've been one of the few left working at the Monroe plant the past few months. Well i'm going to Woodhaven on Monday Feb. 9th. I hired in Monroe 2-6-89 my last day was 2-6-09 20 years to the day. I just wanted to tell everyone from Monroe good luck and that you all are missed. I'll see some of you at Woodhaven on Monday it's finally time to move on. :happy feet: :hysterical:

hey dingleberry, good luck brother,hope to see ya again someday....I got called for rouge don't have a report date yet, but kinda hopin they wait till 3/1... If you are who I think you are, its been fun sittin across the hall from ya (afternoons ) good luck bud and see ya in the future.....

thanks guys, a month or two would be ok with me as long as I know I have a place to go to when its all said and done, give me a chance to get the boat ready for WALLEYE fishin, ya gotta love this system.... if you guys here any different let me know will ya ......thanks

:finger: girlie men? hummmmmmm pretty tough hiding behind a computer! you sound a little jealous that in the end some of us had good jobs! and I'm pretty sure when I first hired into Monroe it was a HOT, loud and hard place to work , some of you would not have lasted there so unless you have worked there keep your little traps shut!

The work I do at DTP is easier than the work I did at Monroe. May not be the same for all depending on the job you had at Monroe and other jobs at DTP, but that's how it's been for me.

Yes but you don't get to leave 4 hours early either. Will agree with millwrite on some things, yes east building was hot and a bitch but the spoiled brats in the cat job running the hell out of them and then running out the door does not justify a tough job. As far as the new biz that was there, them jobs were decent jobs, (coolant smelled like hell though) I personally miss the old money plant but it's like life it's self. Things will always change, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst. Good luck to all who ever worked there. Remember the exedous started in the fall of 2002 and took 6 1/2 years to finish. So maybee the ones going to Saline will be there quite some time as well. I hear the $$$$ is good and the jobs are decent.

east building was hot and a bitch but the spoiled brats in the cat job running the hell out of them and then running out the door does not justify a tough job.

Worked in both as production and trades, but I still think the Wheel Room was the best.

I'm glad to be out of there, and in greener pastures.

Everyone working in Monroe didn't leave early. I worked there 18 years and never had a job I could cut out on.

We had our choices to make and why does anyone feel the need to come on here telling us why we stayed in Monroe. Mind reader???!! I don't think so, just a troll stirring the pot. :stirpot:

Monroe was a good plant to work at because of the people, not because the work was easy. I can think of more than a few jobs the know it all wouldn't have been able to handle...or at least crying like the baby he/she is. :baby:

Good luck at Woodhaven dingleberry. May the force be with you! lol :beerchug:

Edited by allin

Yes but you don't get to leave 4 hours early either. Will agree with millwrite on some things, yes east building was hot and a bitch but the spoiled brats in the cat job running the hell out of them and then running out the door does not justify a tough job. As far as the new biz that was there, them jobs were decent jobs, (coolant smelled like hell though) I personally miss the old money plant but it's like life it's self. Things will always change, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst. Good luck to all who ever worked there. Remember the exedous started in the fall of 2002 and took 6 1/2 years to finish. So maybee the ones going to Saline will be there quite some time as well. I hear the $$$$ is good and the jobs are decent.

True, but the attack was about gravy jobs not about getting done early. And that is what I replied to, so maybe read and analyze before replying. And if it was so easy to run in the cat job and get done 4 hours early then maybe you should have got in on it.

Yes I may not have the best spelling and grammer but to me it seems that the company and the union is catering to the people that are left in Monroe. The reason that I know that is because I worked in Monroe!!!! The production people had plenty of opportunities to leave and they didn't. Thier were bids up and people left, then they did not like the plant they went to so they came back. That is what I am talking about. The trades never got any opportunities!!!!!!!

I worked in Monroe too, one of the "spoiled brats" for 5 of the nine years I was there. I left last April and went to DTP. I love the choice I made and don't regret it one bit. Your right people have had multiple opportunities to leave and they should have been gone a long time ago.

Yes I may not have the best spelling and grammer but to me it seems that the company and the union is catering to the people that are left in Monroe. The reason that I know that is because I worked in Monroe!!!! The production people had plenty of opportunities to leave and they didn't. Thier were bids up and people left, then they did not like the plant they went to so they came back. That is what I am talking about. The trades never got any opportunities!!!!!!!

Is it productions fault that trades didn't have an opportunity to leave? As far as who left and who stayed are you a mind reader? Do you know everyones circumstances? Being on skilled trades how would you know how hard the work is??? Is it because production could make a job look easy??? Do you have anything more to back your statement up that Monroe people are being catered to? Monroe people did not leave and then go back. Some union brother/sister you are attacking fellow workers. Grow up :baby:

Edited by allin

Everyone working in Monroe didn't leave early. I worked there 18 years and never had a job I could cut out on.

We had our choices to make and why does anyone feel the need to come on here telling us why we stayed in Monroe. Mind reader???!! I don't think so, just a troll stirring the pot. :stirpot:

Monroe was a good plant to work at because of the people, not because the work was easy. I can think of more than a few jobs the know it all wouldn't have been able to handle...or at least crying like the baby he/she is. :baby:

Good luck at Woodhaven dingleberry. May the force be with you! lol :beerchug:

Well said.

:shades: