New F-250 S/D V-10, need some upgrades

Charlie98

I finally broke down and traded in my '99 F250 V-10 on a '09 F250 V-10 (well, I figure once every 10 years...)

100_0729.jpg

Nice truck, they fixed some things and messed some things up but, overall, it's a very nice truck. The 3-valve V-10 is a nice improvement!

Does anyone make an aftermarket air intake system for the '09 V-10 yet? K&N only lists the replacement filter, I haven't been able to find anyone else that makes a replacement air intake. On that note, is it worth the money to replace the entire intake or just save the cash and buy the filter?

Does anyone have experience chipping the V-10 motor and who makes the best system?

I really don't care for the site, but they seem to have a pretty good gasser section. Diablo Sport seems like the tuner to get (remember, any chip requires premium fuel). Congrats on the truck. The V-10 is a great choice!

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f57/

Another good source for a tuner is 5startuning.com. They provide the SCTX3 which is available for you 2009 V10. The X3 holds 3 custom tunes of your choice that would be written specifically for your V10. They can run a tune for 87, 89, or 93 octane gas. They claim the drive by wire will also be more aggressive over stock.

If you have additional questions you can contact Mike Butler at 5 star tuning. His telephone number is (843) 667-3595.

I have a 2009 F-250 V-10 on order and way planning on ordering a tuner from 5 star. If you decide to purchase a tuner from 5 star, please provide me your feedback.

• 5 months later...
Banks is always a good option, but I'm not seeing anything one their site yet for the 09 V10's, but I'm sure it will be soon to come (they might even have it just not on the site yet).

I added the Air Raid intake system and the Diablosport Predaqtor set in the "middle" setting. Runs great on 88 octane and is a definate improvement over stock. I've run it for 35k of my 41k on the odometer and towed heavy on 10k. Love this truck and this V-10 is a hoss of an engine with the TS tranny. Best truck Ford makes IMHO.

I added the Air Raid intake system and the Diablosport Predaqtor set in the "middle" setting. Runs great on 88 octane and is a definate improvement over stock. I've run it for 35k of my 41k on the odometer and towed heavy on 10k. Love this truck and this V-10 is a hoss of an engine with the TS tranny. Best truck Ford makes IMHO.

I borrowed my dad's 09 v10 fleet truck to tow with last week. I tow a cattle trailer that is usually 7500# + 26ft steel goosneck wiht my '00 7.3. Thats a fairly significant load for my old 7.3L and she slows way down on the hills. The v10 is a monster for towing. It is so much better in all aspects, except fuel economy, vs my 7.3. I am very impressed by the v10 and TS tranny combo. I will definately consider that to replace my current ride. Good Choice.

-Matt

update: I talked to my diesel guy who does the banks products and others (on gassers too) and he said banks make a great product for the gasoline trucks. He said they were a little overpriced on the diesel end, but I think I still would pay the extra becuase their fit and finish is nice. (in my book it has to perform, but it has to look good doing so)

• 2 months later...
update: I talked to my diesel guy who does the banks products and others (on gassers too) and he said banks make a great product for the gasoline trucks. He said they were a little overpriced on the diesel end, but I think I still would pay the extra becuase their fit and finish is nice. (in my book it has to perform, but it has to look good doing so)

In all of my Ford diesel and all kinds of Ford gassers, the 2008 V-10 and 2007 LT 5.4, being our newest Ford gasser, I have never been a fan of the Banks mods. The only exception to that was the Banks Big Head Actuator I had on my 2002 7.3, which worked fine. Many other folks that I have known over the years start out using Banks mods and then switch to other manufacturers as once you start with Banks, you can't use anything else. As far as the newer Ford gassers, I like my Diablo Sport Predator and have used it for almost 2 years. That and my Airaid intake system are all that I have done to this truck and it runs great. My wife's LT has a Superchip and a drop-in K&N air filter. That combo seems to work quite well on her truck. She is getting 18 mpg around town on the 90 octane setting and the power is much improved. If you have a diesel, just go on wwwthedieselstop.com or www.powerstrokenation.com and you'll find that very few use Banks products. If Banks was the best out there, you can bet there would be alot of users, but there isn't.