How are the ERT teams doing at your plant?

gplt1106

How are all of the plants ERT teams doing? Have you lost alot of members? Is the company supporting your team? Lot's of changes going on and competition is not far away {providing there is one this year}. Just wondering.

Indianapolis Steering Systems (ISSP) here. We're losing two people (that I'm aware of) this year to buyout or retirement.

Management and local union here have been very supportive of our ERT in the past; but money's tight here just like everywhere.

I hope there is an ERT Challenge this year; I always learn something, and it's great to talk with folks from other plants.

At Monroe our union and some (very few) of our management supported us...The management that did support us also had the utmost respect for what we did, and we truly appreciated it. Our team is down to about 3 guys now with the plant going in the shitter, all our equipment is being sold at auction. Its sad, cause I really took alotta pride in what our guys did in the plant and at comp. Hopefully I can get on the team at the rouge complex, if they still have one....If you guys go to comp this year good luck and keep doing what you do best, you guys are still appreciated and needed, good luck....

How are all of the plants ERT teams doing? Have you lost alot of members? Is the company supporting your team? Lot's of changes going on and competition is not far away {providing there is one this year}. Just wondering.

It seems a few of the ERT members at AAI are the ones who have always scamed or tried to scam ways out of work.

Everyone I've talked to does NOT want the ERT team to touch them if they go down, the quote being "Just let me die!"because they know :censored: the ERT teammembers are not really qualified.

Edited by Link53

It seems most of the ERT members at AAI are the ones who have always scamed or tried to scam ways out of work.

Everyone I've talked to does NOT want the ERT team to touch them if they go down, the quote being "Just let me die!"because they know :censored: the ERT teammembers are not really qualified.

I hope that those people at AAI are joking!! The ERT team at the DTP has some of the best trained people and I would let any of them save me. Remember they are not compensated in any way to be a ERT team member. If you don't like what you see, step up to the plate and join the team. Know that there won't be any takers from the people that like to flap their mouths. Yes, I am a ERT team member.

I too was a team member before the plant closing, and we had a few that would say the same shit, you guys don't know anything,just doin it to get outa work, etc,etc,etc. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM WOULD STEP UP OR EVEN TAKE A SIMPLE FIRST AID OR CPR CLASS. Just talk ,talk,talk..... I learned to tune these people out and do my business.....Proud to be an ERT!!!!

I too was a team member before the plant closing, and we had a few that would say the same shit, you guys don't know anything,just doin it to get outa work, etc,etc,etc. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM WOULD STEP UP OR EVEN TAKE A SIMPLE FIRST AID OR CPR CLASS. Just talk ,talk,talk..... I learned to tune these people out and do my business.....Proud to be an ERT!!!!

What plant were you ERT at?

It seems most of the ERT members at AAI are the ones who have always scamed or tried to scam ways out of work.

Judging by your comments you are obviously a moron.

Really, I happen to know that a few members of the team took a FireFighter1 through Schoolcraft College last year. They did this on their own time. The members of the team are not taken offline, so they are not avoiding "working". Most are on the team because they really do care about their fellow employees.

Anyone who is on the ERT team and is off-line walking around, that probably are on "Union Business" and you can thank your leadership for that.

First let me say I'm a member of the AAI ERT and the UAW co-chief of the team. Its pretty sad to see people like you who will believe anything you hear before you have all of the facts.

First of all ERT members have attended about 100 hours of core training classes that are taught by Michigan State instructors. Next all ERT members attend 80 hours of refresher classes every year that are also taught by Michigan State instructors. The classes cover medical emergencies, hazmat situations, rescue from confined spaces, and rescue from heights.

You say that ERT members are doing anything possible to scam thier way out of work. In reality ERT members are trying to get more training to keep thier skills up so that when the day comes when you are the one down on the floor passed out having a heart attack the ERT member would do CPR on you to give you a second chance at life to spend with your family. Yes I have also heard people say that they would rather die then have an ERT member help them. But you know just as well as I do that if they were the one in need they would have a different tone of voice. All ERT members do what they do for one reason and that is to help someone in need and not to just get out of work.

Just a little more bit of information for you. There are members on the team that are on Fire Departments outside of work at AAI and they are licensed Medical First Responders and EMTS thru the State of Michigan. So In closing I say to you, be sure you have all of the facts before blab at the mouth. Just remember that it may be you one day that will need medical attention and I'm sure you would want someone to help you possibly have another chance at life to spend with your family.

Edited by theo5rus

First let me say I'm a member of the AAI ERT and the UAW co-chief of the team. Its pretty sad to see people like you who will believe anything you hear before you have all of the facts.

First of all ERT members have attended about 100 hours of core training classes that are taught by Michigan State instructors. Next all ERT members attend 80 hours of refresher classes every year that are also taught by Michigan State instructors. The classes cover medical emergencies, hazmat situations, rescue from confined spaces, and rescue from heights.

You say that ERT members are doing anything possible to scam thier way out of work. In reality ERT members are trying to get more training to keep thier skills up so that when the day comes when you are the one down on the floor passed out having a heart attack the ERT member would do CPR on you to give you a second chance at life to spend with your family. Yes I have also heard people say that they would rather die then have an ERT member help them. But you know just as well as I do that if they were the one in need they would have a different tone of voice. All ERT members do what they do for one reason and that is to help someone in need and not to just get out of work.

Just a little more bit of information for you. There are members on the team that are on Fire Departments outside of work at AAI and they are licensed Medical First Responders and EMTS thru the State of Michigan. So In closing I say to you, be sure you have all of the facts before blab at the mouth. Just remember that it may be you one day that will need medical attention and I'm sure you would want someone to help you possibly have another chance at life to spend with your family.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gplt1106

I'm certain everything you've written is true and accurate, but it really is hard for me to believe that anything is actually done correctly at that plant. Good for you guys and your membership, keep up the good work!

I am on the ERT (KCAP) and we have a very qualified and experienced team here, we did lose a few to the buyouts/retirements also. I am thankful that they are here, I would not hesitate to let any one of them treat me, if I should need it. As far as people being on here to get away from working, I have not seen that. Most of the training is harder than our regular jobs ( :hysterical: ) But on a serious note, like Theo said we are all here to help our brothers and sisters when they need it the most..when they are sick or injured. Not to get out of working.