• 3 weeks later...
the town car will be replaced with a d3 car the mk something or another. what is with the mk garbage they are naming all their cars mk.... why not just name them small medium and large? they only need three cars

oh and how about a lincoln 18 speed bike with twin super pedal chargers?

How about the new Lincoln called the Mk F?

The Mark Fields edition!

Mk, you know, Mark. Remember when that meant something? Hell, let's change all of the Fords to TB something. Then everybody will think they are buying a Thunderbird. :happy feet:

Look, morons (Ford, not you guys) the success of Lexus, Acura, and even Cadillac has NOTHING to do with the alpha-numeric names. They build good cars people want to buy Dumbass! They could call them the Happy, Dopy, and Doc for all that matters!

Ford can't win the Town Car question. They can't afford to build an all new BOF RWD, which is what thse people want. And, according to Ford, they can't afford to upgrade an already great platform to meet new fed requirements, even though they can seem to afford this for every other POS that barely sells. Instead Ford needs to be honest, stick its middle finger up at this market, and say "Screw you, we don't care what you want, we have to build "Fordyotas"! We can't build something the Japanese don't! It doesn't work! Just look at BMW! Oh wait! Don't look at BMW, they actually sell well for luxury cars and are profitable even though they build all RWD cars that have as much in common with a Camry as they do a Hummer." Meanwhile, in a couple of years, Lexus will release a big traditional rear-wheel drive sedan that will appeal to traditional buyers and dominate the Chaffuer driven car market. Meanwhile, Ford execs will pick their collective noses and wonder why they aren't buying the latest Lincoln-trimmed Fordyota.

Why would you name a car after an idiot?

Mark Fields? Idiot?

Let's see, what has Mark Fields done since joining Ford?

Return Ford of Europe to profitability? Check.

Return Mazda to profitability? Check.

Overseen the huge quality gains and resurgence of in-demand product at Ford North America? Check.

Idiot, indeed.

Mark Fields? Idiot?

Let's see, what has Mark Fields done since joining Ford?

Return Ford of Europe to profitability? Check.

Return Mazda to profitability? Check.

Overseen the huge quality gains and resurgence of in-demand product at Ford North America? Check.

Idiot, indeed.

Lets see what he can do when times are tough Nick not when sales were great like in the past. Lets see if he can really turn a profit for Ford in 2011 since 2009 is out of the question.

Yea Nick I want to see what Mark can do today.

Lets see what he can do when times are tough Nick not when sales were great like in the past. Lets see if he can really turn a profit for Ford in 2011 since 2009 is out of the question.

Yea Nick I want to see what Mark can do today.

Sales for FoE and Mazda were in the toilet when Fields took over those divisions. As bad as today? No. But they were both losing money hand over fist. Just compare where Ford is now to GM and Chrysler and it's not hard to tell which one is being managed properly these days.

Sales for FoE and Mazda were in the toilet when Fields took over those divisions. As bad as today? No. But they were both losing money hand over fist. Just compare where Ford is now to GM and Chrysler and it's not hard to tell which one is being managed properly these days.

Nick sales of FoE and Mazda were gonna rise anyways just like the rest of the manufacturers sales were too. He was at the helm,right place at the right time you could say . Tell me what did he do as chairman of Premier Automotive Group (Aston Martin,Jaguar,Land Rover and Volvo) in 2002. Then he came to work at Ford in Oct 2005 ,in charge of development and manufacturing of the Flex (2000 sales a month) now bringing another disaster out the MKT which should have sales of 1000 a month at best. He doesn't take the blame for any of this but fires the design engineer that designed the Flex,yet he announced his Way Forward Plan in Jan of 2006 in front of a clay model of it .

Now to your next statement, Ford was lucky and I do mean lucky they mortgaged all their assets for billions from Chase Manhatten Bank to operate or they would be in dire straits right now too Nick. Ford was lucky they got the money before the recession hit ,thats a fact.

By the way Nick I like Ford just as much as anybody,it"s too bad that some high end managers don't have too pay the price for their mistakes. I hope as hell I'm wrong and Fields and Mullaly can take us up and away , 2011 just seems so far away.

Nick sales of FoE and Mazda were gonna rise anyways just like the rest of the manufacturers sales were too. He was at the helm,right place at the right time you could say . Tell me what did he do as chairman of Premier Automotive Group (Aston Martin,Jaguar,Land Rover and Volvo) in 2002. Then he came to work at Ford in Oct 2005 ,in charge of development and manufacturing of the Flex (2000 sales a month) now bringing another disaster out the MKT which should have sales of 1000 a month at best. He doesn't take the blame for any of this but fires the design engineer that designed the Flex,yet he announced his Way Forward Plan in Jan of 2006 in front of a clay model of it .

Now to your next statement, Ford was lucky and I do mean lucky they mortgaged all their assets for billions from Chase Manhatten Bank to operate or they would be in dire straits right now too Nick. Ford was lucky they got the money before the recession hit ,thats a fact.

By the way Nick I like Ford just as much as anybody,it"s too bad that some high end managers don't have too pay the price for their mistakes. I hope as hell I'm wrong and Fields and Mullaly can take us up and away , 2011 just seems so far away.

Sales of FoE and Mazda were just gonna rise anyways? :lol: They rose because Fields reorganized their business models from top to bottom. They were horrendously managed, over budget on several projects, and had no clear direction in their product strategies. Mazda would be looking like Suzuki these days if not for Fields turning them around.

You point to the Flex and MKT but then glaze over the fact that he has also maintained Ford's truck leadership, and oversaw the 2010 Mustang and 2010 Taurus and 2010 Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, he's also spearheading the effort to bring FoE products like the Transit Connect, C-Max, Kuga, etc to the U.S. market. Ford is better positioned now in the North American market than they have been in at least a decade. I don't see how Fields can't be given much of the credit for such a transformation.

As for Flex, well, it's selling as well as the Mustang right now. Are you asserting that the Mustang is a disaster and should be cancelled also? And the MKT, well, we will have to wait and see. 1000 units a month right now would actually be fantastic for such a vehicle.

If you think Ford was "lucky" they got a loan 2 years ago, I think you are underestimating the leadership currently in place at Ford. Mullaly knew what was on the horizon.

Sales of FoE and Mazda were just gonna rise anyways? :lol: They rose because Fields reorganized their business models from top to bottom. They were horrendously managed, over budget on several projects, and had no clear direction in their product strategies. Mazda would be looking like Suzuki these days if not for Fields turning them around.

You point to the Flex and MKT but then glaze over the fact that he has also maintained Ford's truck leadership, and oversaw the 2010 Mustang and 2010 Taurus and 2010 Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, he's also spearheading the effort to bring FoE products like the Transit Connect, C-Max, Kuga, etc to the U.S. market. Ford is better positioned now in the North American market than they have been in at least a decade. I don't see how Fields can't be given much of the credit for such a transformation.

As for Flex, well, it's selling as well as the Mustang right now. Are you asserting that the Mustang is a disaster and should be cancelled also? And the MKT, well, we will have to wait and see. 1000 units a month right now would actually be fantastic for such a vehicle.

If you think Ford was "lucky" they got a loan 2 years ago, I think you are underestimating the leadership currently in place at Ford. Mullaly knew what was on the horizon.

I can't believe Nick that you actually think Mulally knew what was on the horizon,got the money ,tells us profitability is coming in 09, then tells us different again in 11. I suppose he knew Ford was gonna cut 10 billion in debt with cash and equity offer today too. Nick let me tell you straight ,Mullay knows squat.

And tell me what Fields did as chairman of the Premier Auto Group when he was in charge, I missed that.

Nick you have to look at the whole picture of things going on and not just listen to these 2 guys. They will only tell you what you want to hear.

I can't believe Nick that you actually think Mulally knew what was on the horizon,got the money ,tells us profitability is coming in 09, then tells us different again in 11. I suppose he knew Ford was gonna cut 10 billion in debt with cash and equity offer today too. Nick let me tell you straight ,Mullay knows squat.

And tell me what Fields did as chairman of the Premier Auto Group when he was in charge, I missed that.

Nick you have to look at the whole picture of things going on and not just listen to these 2 guys. They will only tell you what you want to hear.

:rolleyes:

Did Mullaly see the market crashing down on top of us? Of course not. But what he did see was that Ford's production levels would undoubtedly need to be slashed, quality needed to be improved, new models needed to be greenlighted quickly, and that all of those changes would require immense amounts of capital that Ford didn't have. That's why he organized the loan package. Turns out that it was an even more prudent move than anyone could have predicted. Bonus!

In your eyes they do nothing right.

In my eyes, they've done a hell of a lot better than many expected given their situation. Are they perfect? Of course not. You cite PAG as a perfect example of that. No one will call that adventure a success. I do believe it was Fields that removed Lincoln from the PAG fold though and returned management to Dearborn, which I think was a necessary move. But I don't think any other management team could do a better job of it. I'm confident these are the right people to weather the storm. If you have better suggestions, by all means, share them.

Edited by NickF1011