Bankruptcy won’t solve automakers’ woes

fordguy61mi

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29254545/

Snippet:

“If these companies went into bankruptcy right now, in exactly the position they are in today, they would be liquidated because no one out there would supply them with the financing they need to get through bankruptcy,” Mark Zandi, chief economist with Moody’s Economy.com, told CNBC Wednesday.

That would mean a few million jobs lost, Zandi said, which would be “cataclysmic” for the U.S. economy, already shedding about a million jobs every two months. A better option would be to give the automakers the extra funding they need to stay in business until March 31. Then the government could prepare for a bankruptcy later on with provisions for securing financing to bring them through Chapter 11 and guarantee vehicle warranties.

Well maybe our government could change a few policies on the foreign automakers like how many vehicles they can sell in the US (like they do us) and that would help even the playing field. We need a clause now that says "No imports" now to help during these hard times. That would force the rich to buy a domestic vehicle rather that a Bently while the poor and middle class fight their way through this mess.

What ever happened to American pride anyway? My grand parents would never dream of buying an import or anything not made in America and they didn't even work for the big 3 nor were they in a union. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Well maybe our government could change a few policies on the foreign automakers like how many vehicles they can sell in the US (like they do us) and that would help even the playing field. We need a clause now that says "No imports" now to help during these hard times. That would force the rich to buy a domestic vehicle rather that a Bently while the poor and middle class fight their way through this mess.

What ever happened to American pride anyway? My grand parents would never dream of buying an import or anything not made in America and they didn't even work for the big 3 nor were they in a union. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Whats wrong with these people is they hate you and i because we belong to a union that backs us up (in some cases) and we get paid a living wage. i talked to a douchebag this weekend who bitched and moaned about how much we make and what we do. And this jackass was a union pipefitter. Too much hatred and misery loves company. Until were all paid minimum wage, most everyone will hate you for what you stand for, and you can forget about them supporting you.

Whats wrong with these people is they hate you and i because we belong to a union that backs us up (in some cases) and we get paid a living wage. i talked to a douchebag this weekend who bitched and moaned about how much we make and what we do. And this jackass was a union pipefitter. Too much hatred and misery loves company. Until were all paid minimum wage, most everyone will hate you for what you stand for, and you can forget about them supporting you.
I can guarantee that there's a lot more of these ass clowns. I personally have heard members of the United Steel Workers and the United Food and Commercial Workers bitch and piss and moan about the UAW and the Big Three. I've also spoken to UAW members who are employees of Tier One auto suppliers that do the same bitch and piss and moan act regarding the Big Three and Bog Three UAW members, so nothing surprises me anymore.

These crybabies will stop whining when we make LESS than they do! I can't understand people. Since we autoworkers are overpaid and underworked why weren't/aren't the naysayers knocking down the doors to get these jobs?? They think its easier to bring us down to their standard of living, than try to bring themselves up to ours? If I remember right, the Great American Dream was to prosper! Did I miss something along the way?