relocation rights

jerseyshore

anyone know the procedure in a situation like this example? transfered from edison back in '02 to norfolk,have '92 senority, kids with a year in at the fall of edison transferred to kc because kc was looking for 500 bodies. now that norfolk is slated for closure, is a vested employee guaranteed a job over someone with 5 or 6 yrs senority?

anyone know the procedure in a situation like this example? transfered from edison back in '02 to norfolk,have '92 senority, kids with a year in at the fall of edison transferred to kc because kc was looking for 500 bodies. now that norfolk is slated for closure, is a vested employee guaranteed a job over someone with 5 or 6 yrs senority?

They can not remove you from a job to create a job, master agreement. They can only place people where there is work available. This is the reason for some of the buyouts in plant not listed to close to make jobs available to others...

Absolutely not. You cannot "bump" anyone in that particular situation, whether you have 14 years or 29.

Absolutely not. You cannot "bump" anyone in that particular situation, whether you have 14 years or 29.

How about this scenario.

What if the Ranger is moved to a different location, say they reopen Wixom. The people have the right to follow their vehicle according to the master agreement. Who is eligible to be the first people in the plant, the Wixom employees that are laid-off, the Edison people who are in GEN, or the people from TCAP who would be the ones following the product?

Edited by DSenstad

How about this scenatio.

What if the Ranger is moved to a different location, say they reopen Wixom. The people have the right to follow their vehicle according to the master agreement. Who is eligible to be the first people in the plant, the Wixom employees that are laid-off, the Edison people who are in GEN, or the people from TCAP who would be the ones following the product?

I would hope so but what if they change the name of the small pickup? I do know if the product moves but it is really unclear if they drop names as they are going to letter based names on the lincolns.

Seeing as how well known the Ranger nameplate is I can't imagine them trying to change it. What would they use instead... the Ford Courier?

I am curious as to how this dispute would be resolved, with all the people in need of work I am sure something along these lines could occur. It would show a bit of foresight if these issues would be addressed ahead of time.

Seeing as how well known the Ranger nameplate is I can't imagine them trying to change it. What would they use instead... the Ford Courier?

I am curious as to how this dispute would be resolved, with all the people in need of work I am sure something along these lines could occur. It would show a bit of foresight if these issues would be addressed ahead of time.

I wouldn't be suprised if you will soon see an F100.

I'm still on the Ford mass e-mail list and the other day, while announcing the 1st quarter results, Fields used the words "Ranger" and "Thailand" in the same sentence. Will cut and paste this Monday, I thought it was a slip, IIRC the company claimed recently, after the Twin Cities closing announcement, that the company had no plans for the Ranger "at this time". In any event, I'm not sure of the specific language in the national agreement, but I don't honestly think it will ever be an issue, at least not in the case of the Ranger, though some folks from Norfolk might be able to "follow" their work to other plants.

I wouldn't be suprised if you will soon see an F100.

After the fuss Ford made about Toyota trying to call their vehicle T-150 I think Ford would have a hard time using F-100 since Toyota is called T-100.

Ford has no plans to bring over the Ranger from Thialand as of right now. If they sign a freetrade agreement things will change possible. Last I hear from Washington, the Congress is slowing down on their free trade train.

It seems they are worried about votes if too many people get displaced, even if they do find other jobs. I guess the stress of being out of work in the first place seems to stay in the voters minds at least until the following election.

Edited by DSenstad

After the fuss Ford made about Toyota trying to call their vehicle T-150 I think Ford would have a hard time using F-100 since Toyota is called T-100.

Ford has no plans to bring over the Ranger from Thialand as of right now. If the sign a freetrade agreement things will change possible. Last I hear from Washington, the Congress is slowing down on their free trade train.

It seems they are worried about votes if too many people get displaced, even if they do find other jobs. I guess the stress of being out of work in the first place seems to stay in the voters minds at least until the following election.

Ford used to have an F-100 years ago, wouldn't be a problem.

Ford used to have an F-100 years ago, wouldn't be a problem.

I was going to say, "What sense does it make to abandon a known nameplate like the Ranger for a nameplate that very few people remember they had" but then I rememebered we are talking about Ford. :lol: :hysterical:

I was going to say, "What sense does it make to abandon a known nameplate like the Ranger for a nameplate that very few people remember they had" but then I rememebered we are talking about Ford. :lol: :hysterical:

Didn't Ford used to make a car called the Taurus?

the Maverick is the Escape in europe, canmy dad get call back?

Now that the Zephyr (sp?) is back, can my grandpa get call back rights? :doh:

I just love thse new emoticons! :baby: :bandance: :titanic: :kuko: :happy feet: :violin: