Interesting read about unions

Spring

Nice article Spring, however for years the UAW has concentrated on organizing nurses, service workers and the like. In reality we won't get any clout relative to us until we're able to organize the transplants. That's the key and the only way for the UAW to survive and prosper.

Maybe with these gathering storm clouds now we'll be able to do it since Toyota and Honda will almost certainly be coming after their workers soon and maybe they'll see that the UAW is their only way to survive.

If the UAW was able to sit down at the table with all the transplants unionized......wow....now that would be clout. I honestly believe it's our only chance.

Here's hoping that those cowardly scabs who work for Toyota who have gotten a free ride off of our union for far to long will finally grow a pair and see the light.

If the UAW was able to sit down at the table with all the transplants unionized......wow....now that would be clout. I honestly believe it's our only chance.

Here's hoping that those cowardly scabs who work for Toyota who have gotten a free ride off of our union for far to long will finally grow a pair and see the light.

Card check is the only way..........

Card check is the only way..........

We can only hope. I'm curious as to whether or not there is a forum such as this for Honda or Toyota employees and if we can ever really find out what they think about unionizing. I know a lot of them have a great fear of losing their jobs for union involvement. When we were producing the Villager/Nissan Quest, Nissan took great pains to keep our people from talking to theirs. I was in the body shop at the time and we got a lot of stuff from the Smyrna plant. There were some serious quality issues coming out of Smyrna but we had no way of addressing them with the actual people. It would be worth looking into, I think. If we can reach these people and appeal to them on a worker to worker basis, they might come around.

We can only hope. I'm curious as to whether or not there is a forum such as this for Honda or Toyota employees and if we can ever really find out what they think about unionizing. I know a lot of them have a great fear of losing their jobs for union involvement. When we were producing the Villager/Nissan Quest, Nissan took great pains to keep our people from talking to theirs. I was in the body shop at the time and we got a lot of stuff from the Smyrna plant. There were some serious quality issues coming out of Smyrna but we had no way of addressing them with the actual people. It would be worth looking into, I think. If we can reach these people and appeal to them on a worker to worker basis, they might come around.

Sadly Spring the only thing that will reach these freeloading scabs is a reality kick in the ass and its coming for sure. Sure card check is great but these scabs have had more than one opportunity to join the union only to vote no. They decided to freeload off of our dues and make what they do only because of what we make and Toyota's desire to keep the union out.

Well now the buzzards are about to come home to roost. Let's hope the UAW can make these sheep see it. Even though I hold them in the lowest possible regard, it's obvious that now more than ever we need each other.