Ford Wish List Hmmmm

2k05gt

I was disapointed at the performance of my 2005 Mustang GT, My friends 8 year old Camaro SS ran as fast as my "New Mustang" I had to spend several thousand dollars in FRPP Parts to out run him at the track. He in turn put a cam in for 300 bucks and beat me by a half second. :censored: Why does Ford always want to be behind the curve with GM Products.

Then I thought that the 2010 Mustang would finally be the answer to beating the new Camaro, but when new of the Camaro coming out with a 422hp 400 tq 6 speed cat that will run 12.9 sec in the 1/4 mile for 30K. I again had my hopes sqawashed when the 2010 Mustang was fitted with a new Coild air intake and tuned 4.6L that made 315 hp depression set in, once again I am going to have to hear from all my GM buddies how wimpy the mustang is compaired to the all powerful Camaro... :banghead:

Why oh why do I have to go through the pain of Loving Ford Product even though they do not perform.

So My Wish List is that For Once Put a Dam Motor in the Mustang that will beat the Camaro....

Come on already, you have them,, 5.0 Coyote, Hurricane, 5.4L 4v Give me 400 hp somthing to work with here...

When My Honda makes more hp than my GT Mustang somthing is wrong.......

Ford does make a Mustang thats faster than the Camaro its called Shelby GT500.

I'm not a GM fan so I cannot say how accurate the original poster's 30K price tag is for an SS Camaro but GT500's sell for a helluva lot more money than that. Not everyone wants or can justify a hipo Mustang with an expensive Shelby label. New 2008 GT500's are languishing on dealer lots now. Give us something like a Boss 302 but make it more focused on performance and less on glitz. Hell, you can even put the 2010 six banger frontend on it. Looks better than the GT anyway. Yeah, I know, the original Boss cars helped cause the death of the original Shelby Mustangs but that was almost 40 years ago. If that causes Ole Shel too much heartburn call it a Bullitt or Mach 1 or whatever. Just give us some afFORDable V8 performance.

I had to spend several thousand dollars in FRPP Parts to out run him at the track. He in turn put a cam in for 300 bucks and beat me by a half second.

You obviously didn't spend your several thousand dollars on the right parts if a Camaro SS with nothing more than a cam could still outrun you (especially by a HALF second?!?!?).

Edited by NickF1011

• 4 weeks later...
Ford does make a Mustang thats faster than the Camaro its called Shelby GT500.

One I can Afford.... and one priced the same as the Camaro RS/SS 30K-38K

the 2010 Mustang is in that same price range 29K-37K where as a GT500 is 10K to 15K more.

You obviously didn't spend your several thousand dollars on the right parts if a Camaro SS with nothing more than a cam could still outrun you (especially by a HALF second?!?!?).

Maybe but Natural Aspirated there is no way I can catch up with the Camaro with the displacment advantage it has.

I have JLT II CAI, Steeda UDP, STEEDA CMDP, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Aluminum one peice driveshaft, Steeda Upper and lower control arms, 3500 Stall, JBA Long tube headers and JBA Catted H pipe and run average 12.4 in the 1/4 mile. A 2002 Camaro SS can run that with a Lid and a few free mods. Add a intake and cam and 11.8 are a breaze. there is no way the Tiny 4.6L will ever keep up with that N/A..

Here is a pic of another friends T/A with Cam, Heads, intake, tune and Dr's stock bottom end

DSC00178.jpg

Yes the front tires are off the ground

Edited by 2k05gt

I'm not a GM fan so I cannot say how accurate the original poster's 30K price tag is for an SS Camaro but GT500's sell for a helluva lot more money than that. Not everyone wants or can justify a hipo Mustang with an expensive Shelby label. New 2008 GT500's are languishing on dealer lots now. Give us something like a Boss 302 but make it more focused on performance and less on glitz. Hell, you can even put the 2010 six banger frontend on it. Looks better than the GT anyway. Yeah, I know, the original Boss cars helped cause the death of the original Shelby Mustangs but that was almost 40 years ago. If that causes Ole Shel too much heartburn call it a Bullitt or Mach 1 or whatever. Just give us some afFORDable V8 performance.

Here ya Go

2010_Camaro_Prices1.jpg

2010_Camaro_Prices2.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a 2002 gt that has onlt a few modifications like exhaust, CAI, Intake, injectors and a tune and have no problems running 11's and this is a 100k mile 4.6L, its all in how you spend your money and on what

Now that I have a VERY hard time believing. Getting a 4.6 2-valve into the 11's without some kind of power adder is pretty damn difficult. Hell, even getting a 4.6 4-valve into the 11's isn't exactly easy without boost or nitrous.