European Sales figures

http://www.acea.be/images/uploads/files/20...FINAL2-0901.pdf

Land Rover figures are shocking, so we won't talk about that. But hey Jaguar is the only major brand to post a sales increase. Up nearly 20% and back ahead of tampax cars.... I mean Lexus!

Volvo figures are also shocking and not offset by having a Jaguar in the group. Mullaly sold the wrong company.

http://www.acea.be/images/uploads/files/20...FINAL2-0901.pdf

Land Rover figures are shocking, so we won't talk about that. But hey Jaguar is the only major brand to post a sales increase. Up nearly 20% and back ahead of tampax cars.... I mean Lexus!

Volvo figures are also shocking and not offset by having a Jaguar in the group. Mullaly sold the wrong company.

Since when was Jaguar a major brand?

And is Jaguar making any money yet? Didn't think so.

Since when was Jaguar a major brand?

And is Jaguar making any money yet? Didn't think so.

Very shallow glory for Jaguar, not much revenue there I'm afraid:

JAGUAR: 1,956 (1636) Up 19.6%

And yes we will talk about Land Rover's performance:

LAND ROVER: 3,192 (8,540) Down 62.6%

To be charitable, it's affected like all the rest but even more so.

These are JANUARYS sales numbers T-Stag you are only a month out, l have already posted this.

It's the T-Stag old Indian Commanche trick try to make Jaguar/Land Rover group look good sales down -49%

They will be a lot worse than -49% when February numbers come out as they have not produced a single vehicle in January, even though they have got a big order for 13,000 cars from a Chinese company.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

At the end of the day the only thing that actually matters is that they beat Lexus. A brand which I despise. a 20% sales rise for Jag is great and at last people are falling in love with them again which is nice to see. I think Ford did right by JLR in selling them to TATA, because I think they stand a better chance of survival with them at the helm. But can anyone rescue Volvo? I do fear that Ford will end up "SAAB'ing" them...

Did think it was funny though that Fiat overtook GM which is a brand GM paid 2 billion to "go away"....

I have a different perspective on the Volvo situation. Ford is looking to off-load the company, but unlike Saab, which the government wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole, it looks like Volvo might get some Swedish luv.

That means a couple things could happen:

1) Sweden will incent Ford to hang on to a majority stake - possibly selling off part - but remain in control and generally liable.

2) Sweden will incent Ford to keep a minority stake significant enough to help guide Volvo.

3) Sweden wil help finance the sale to a buyer of their choosing.

4) Sweden will help Volvo become a stand-alone entity, likely with a Ford stake.

In any case, I sort of suspect the Swedish gov will play a role in this. I don't think it will be as clear as highest bidder - and I don't think Ford will be able to walk totally away like they did with J/LR.

Edited by focus05