862 is a YES

Hugh Jorgan

53% for 47% against for production

55% for 45% against for trades

Did any of the membership stay till the vote was over and actually get the count of the total votes? A member has a right to be present and hear the tally of the ballots and request to see the tally sheet. I know my husband believes that the voting is rigged. I would like to think that the Union is better than that but I know that there is some corruption within the Unions not saying there is within Local 862 or the international. The membership has a right to know the actual number of votes cast, the number of votes cast for and the number of votes cast against the issue. If your not confident in your unions honesty then know your rights and make them accountable. I am not bashing the UAW or Local 862 Executive Board, just want the members to know their rights and to put those rights to use.

Did any of the membership stay till the vote was over and actually get the count of the total votes? A member has a right to be present and hear the tally of the ballots and request to see the tally sheet. I know my husband believes that the voting is rigged. I would like to think that the Union is better than that but I know that there is some corruption within the Unions not saying there is within Local 862 or the international. The membership has a right to know the actual number of votes cast, the number of votes cast for and the number of votes cast against the issue. If your not confident in your unions honesty then know your rights and make them accountable. I am not bashing the UAW or Local 862 Executive Board, just want the members to know their rights and to put those rights to use.

My teamleader sent me a text that said the vote was 1067 Yes votes and 930 No votes. We will find out for sure tomorrow though.

the vote was 1067 Yes votes and 930 No votes. We will find out for sure tomorrow though.

Pretty fucking sad (if reports are true) that Local 600 only got around 3,500 total votes, with such a large membership and KTP can almost get that number to turn out and actually give a shit with allot less buildings in there Local.

Nice turn out KTP I sure wish more people in one of the biggest Locals on the Ford side of the UAW cared a little more.

He should get on the election committee then. But then he would be doubted too, Just like your doubting the current election com.

If your husband used a little common sense,he would think of our process to obtain our voting tallies. The vote count has to match the number of signatures that sign before voting, You either have to show your union card or plant ID,then you sign by your name.

R U stupid or what? The members count the votes not the union dummy.

Pretty fucking sad (if reports are true) that Local 600 only got around 3,500 total votes, with such a large membership and KTP can almost get that number to turn out and actually give a shit with allot less buildings in there Local.

Nice turn out KTP I sure wish more people in one of the biggest Locals on the Ford side of the UAW cared a little more.

HOW TRUE!!!.....i have to agree...im even from Local 862....its pretty sad that we have 5000+ in our local between KTP and LAP and only 2000 show up....but from hearing all the talk in my plant that everyone thinks that it was goin to pass before the vote so they didnt even bother to show up it seems.... :banghead:

but u can always tell when a person wants to vote yes but really doesnt care what the result will be...thats why they dont vote...IMO...but i also think the true seller for the yes votes was that at the meeting they started cramming the image in everyones head that if it didnt pass then GM was goin to take the lead in the negotiations and then we would have to take more concessions then....and they sounded pretty convincing....then u have to start to think that u have to trust ur Union....one of lifes nessissary evils i guess.... so i guess good luck to the rest of u in ur alls votes....

HOW TRUE!!!.....i have to agree...im even from Local 862....its pretty sad that we have 5000+ in our local between KTP and LAP and only 2000 show up....but from hearing all the talk in my plant that everyone thinks that it was goin to pass before the vote so they didnt even bother to show up it seems.... :banghead:

but u can always tell when a person wants to vote yes but really doesnt care what the result will be...thats why they dont vote...IMO...but i also think the true seller for the yes votes was that at the meeting they started cramming the image in everyones head that if it didnt pass then GM was goin to take the lead in the negotiations and then we would have to take more concessions then....and they sounded pretty convincing....then u have to start to think that u have to trust ur Union....one of lifes nessissary evils i guess.... so i guess good luck to the rest of u in ur alls votes....

Does anyone know the number of members we actually have in 862? With the buyouts and retirements Im not really sure that we have 5000 any more. Never the less it was a poor turnout althought when I pulled into the parking lot at the hall I thought every worker in our local showed up at once! Man it was packed to have so few votes. JMO.

Does anyone know the number of members we actually have in 862? With the buyouts and retirements Im not really sure that we have 5000 any more. Never the less it was a poor turnout althought when I pulled into the parking lot at the hall I thought every worker in our local showed up at once! Man it was packed to have so few votes. JMO.

Every local that I've been to has always held the contract explanation and vote at a larger facility than the union hall. Maybe you should try that and see if you get a larger turnout.

yes that was a guesstimate.....lol....jus goin by that we did have 6500 in KTP alone with 3 crews and before the buy-outs....not knowin what the LAP numbers where...but i think i heard their building chairman say they had 1500 left at LAP plus the 400+ they sent to KTP.....and im sure we still have at least 3500 at KTP....but again....just a guess...

and takeme back 2blue.....u should see that Union Hall.....WE spent a hell of a lot of money to update the building which they use for the meetings...pretty big place....just not enough parking...was it worth the money...i say no.....alot of wasted space....and i would hate to see the property taxes on it.....lol :doh:

yes that was a guesstimate.....lol....jus goin by that we did have 6500 in KTP alone with 3 crews and before the buy-outs....not knowin what the LAP numbers where...but i think i heard their building chairman say they had 1500 left at LAP plus the 400+ they sent to KTP.....and im sure we still have at least 3500 at KTP....but again....just a guess...

and takeme back 2blue.....u should see that Union Hall.....WE spent a hell of a lot of money to update the building which they use for the meetings...pretty big place....just not enough parking...was it worth the money...i say no.....alot of wasted space....and i would hate to see the property taxes on it.....lol :doh:

I take it you don't have any city planners on your union staff. :hysterical: IF YOU HAVE A BIG BUILDING,YOU NEED A BIG PARKING LOT! :shades:

I take it you don't have any city planners on your union staff. :hysterical: IF YOU HAVE A BIG BUILDING,YOU NEED A BIG PARKING LOT! :shades:

the only way to get more parking is to build a multi-level parking garage....lol....any city planner out there readin this need to join a UNION???...lol...

I am just a regular line worker with no union ties. I personally witnessed the counting. It was very transparent and not rigged. All this talk about rigging votes is ridiculous. There would literally have to be 30 - 40 people in a secret conspiracy to pull off rigging a vote. Any one of you can watch the votes being counted. You just have to go to the hall when the polls are closing.

Edited by Calvin@LAP

the only way to get more parking is to build a multi-level parking garage....lol....any city planner out there readin this need to join a UNION???...lol...

The Union has had all of our National contract voting at bigger places and all they do is waste money because no one shows up, just like Sunday.

a total of 1997 union members voted out of 4000 at KTP, and that is counting the 404 from LAP and then you have 1600 or so at LAP, so you have 5600 people and less then 2000 showed up.

That is one of the saddest things I have ever seen, after every person i talked to was saying vote NO vote No and then you get people who are to damn lazy to even care about their jobs.

Whinny ass people need to stand up we are the UNION not just the officials who come out and take a bashing from everyone on the floor.

People all 5600 are the UNION, NOT just the OFFICIALS

And for the person up top here that says the voting is rigged there is no way to have that done with all the people that are there plus it is a federal law to tamper with the polls, who really wants to go to federal prison for a damn vote that apparently no one gives a shit about

So everyone on here needs to stop bashing the UNION and get on board and be a UNION. It is your right!!!

R U stupid or what? The members count the votes not the union dummy.

No I am not stupid, I have been through several union votes and know how they are handled. The membership doesn't count the votes the election committee does that. The membership can be present when the vote is tallied up. That is what I was talking about. There are several thousand employees at KTP and LAP and I know that each member did not stand there and count each vote. Think about what your saying before it comes out of your mouth. As a former Union officer for a federal government union, I know a thing or two about how things are done around the union.

NEXT TIME IF YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND FEEL SO STRONGLY ABOUT POSSIBLE CONSPIRACY,WHY DON'T YOU BOTH STAND THERE AND WITNESS THE COUNT. OR BETTER YET,I BET YOUR HUSBAND COULD EASILY BE PART OF THE VOTE COUNTING AS HE HAS SUCH STRONG CONVICTIONS. :shades:

I agree with that brother said right there.

If you have been a leader of some sort in a federal Union then why would you EVEN write what you wrote???

I open my mouth when I know exactly what I am going to say, it is people like you and your husband that say silly shit like, the vote is rigged, or we know its going to pass.

If people,who they say are union members really gave a shit they would come vote, then the company would not come back and ask as much, because they know we will stick together, but then you got the people who cry about everything, bitch about everything and then do not vote. That is not a union member that is a Republican!!!

My father and my Grandfather knew how to be a Union, they stuck together, these people these days have no freakin idea how to stick together!!