CGI in engines

I'm doing a research and presentation project for my engineering materials class and have chosen to do it on the CGI material I've been hearing about for Ford's new diesel engines. Does anyone have some sources of information on them or know if they are still planning on doing that? I remember reading something about the possibility of CGI in some of the newer gas engines also.

Thanks

The new Ford diesel engine (like almost all current light diesels) will use CGI. It has very high strength per pound.

There is a Ford "experimental" gasoline direct injection engine called the Bobcat that recommend using CGI.

I don't believe you will ever see CGI in a production gasoline engines due to its weight and cost (expensive to cast and even more expensive to machine).

I don't believe you will ever see CGI in a production gasoline engines due to its weight and cost (expensive to cast and even more expensive to machine).

You might not see a production FORD engine cast in CGI, but CGI gasoline engines are currently in production. The latest is Audi's new turbo inline-5 in the TT-RS.

But then again, it's an Audi. $$$$$$$