So how many of you are buying a new car/truck this year?

OK

You don't get the employee discount on a used car. Repairs are a pain in the ass. A two year old car is a four year old car in two years. If the style changes, it will look like a seven year old car. If you buy next year's model, it is only one year old after two years. The more often you buy new, the more often you get the discount. If you own a new car outright, you could probably trade it in every six months at little or no additional cost.

Not to piss you off, but I do get the discount. The reason I buy Ford is because when I buy a used car I very rarely have to put "repairs" into it, and when I do the money I have saved by not losing it from a new car is much greater! Dont give a shit about if the car looks like a 7 year old model because unless you drive a rolls royce people other then you could care less. I use to buy new every two years and every time I did that there was negative equity on the car! I would like to see the person who paid 30,000 for a car and at 6 months and got 28000, that is bullshit,

Not to piss you off, but I do get the discount. The reason I buy Ford is because when I buy a used car I very rarely have to put "repairs" into it, and when I do the money I have saved by not losing it from a new car is much greater! Dont give a shit about if the car looks like a 7 year old model because unless you drive a rolls royce people other then you could care less. I use to buy new every two years and every time I did that there was negative equity on the car! I would like to see the person who paid 30,000 for a car and at 6 months and got 28000, that is bullshit,

sorry, you are right, you dont get it on a used car. I apologize for the misunderstanding... but the rest of what I said stands......lol

There's gonna be a tidal wave of new car buyers within the next 3-5 years. First a lot of military will be coming home and they're gonna need wheels. Secondly there is a large portion of young americans (I forget what they call them) I was generation x for example. Anyhow this next generation is of very substantial size. It has been fore casted they will buy in large numbers. Everyone hang in there.

Understood. I just try to give a little back to the company that has given me so much.

We just gave with the vote. Now that I'm going to be about $120 net shorter...monthly, that new Vehicle will wait. I mean what if they come back again b-4 2011 ??? They only made it 1 1/2 yrs since the contract. Oh well...

I was reading the new CAW contract and the oddest concession was a decrease in our car/truck discount. The $2600 we used to get on top of A-Plan has been reduced to $2000. Add to this the contract extension and (once per contract) I wonder how many fewer employees sales there will be?

Edited by bobsyouruncle

We just bought a new Escape. The economy will get better and if you have to get a new car, this is a good time to get one.

That said, I'm broke as a joke and my other car was totalled, so I worked with the dealer to get the best bang for the buck. The Escape had the highest rebate.