Gm says Ford Deal isnt Enough......

whereswaldo

What's the difference? If GM gets more concessions than Ford, you can bet Ford will get the same.

So the end result is the same. It doesn't matter who agrees first. :shades:

Not the same end result. If GM gets more, dont expect Ford to come back. One, it wont pass a vote. Not even by 51%. Second , it just shows the fallacy of the "pattern concession" argument. It wasnt and isnt a pattern.

Not the same end result. If GM gets more, dont expect Ford to come back. One, it wont pass a vote. Not even by 51%. Second , it just shows the fallacy of the "pattern concession" argument. It wasnt and isnt a pattern.

If GM gets more, Ford will cry that they are at a "competitive disadvantage" and demand to go back to the bargaining table, which of course the UAW will.

As for a vote passing, you're assuming that the votes are legitimate. To say that most of us are skeptical is an understatement.

Ford employees had better hope GM/Chrysler isn't willing to give up more.

How do you know the last vote on the modifications passed? Because the UAW said so? Who counted the votes? NO Company rep was there! Why isn't there a tally from each plant with how many yes and no votes?

More secrets drive more suspicions and fuel more contempt.

If GM gets more, Ford will cry that they are at a "competitive disadvantage" and demand to go back to the bargaining table, which of course the UAW will.

As for a vote passing, you're assuming that the votes are legitimate. To say that most of us are skeptical is an understatement.

I hope GM and Chrysler give even more than we did. I also hope Ford comes back to the membership again so we can all take it in the ass just once more for the dear old company. You know like I'm doing now every friday when I get my check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a good chance gm or chrysler will give up more. there will be no more opening of the contract during this term. we have it set.

A lady from the international said to expect the contract to be opened again before the end of the year when she was in plant a few weeks ago selling the 1st deal.

Sorry just not going to happen. Chrysler will merge or co-exist with Fiat,Gm or someone and Gm will probably be lead by the hand by the Govt in a prepackaged bankruptcy. This will give suppliers more time to consolidate among themselves and avoid the collapse of the industry, which by the way would hurt all automakers, foreign and domestic. Next you're going to say that the laid off GM/Chrys. workers will get preferential placement into Ford. LOL !! Hey hold it , I wasnt serious about that comment......... :happy feet: :hysterical:

Sorry just not going to happen. Chrysler will merge or co-exist with Fiat,Gm or someone and Gm will probably be lead by the hand by the Govt in a prepackaged bankruptcy. This will give suppliers more time to consolidate among themselves and avoid the collapse of the industry, which by the way would hurt all automakers, foreign and domestic. Next you're going to say that the laid off GM/Chrys. workers will get preferential placement into Ford. LOL !! Hey hold it , I wasnt serious about that comment......... :happy feet: :hysterical:

Agreed, too many people are going to feel the sting and if they came back wanting more from us, then I would bet on a no vote across the board

I agree alot of people voted no, as did I. There were just enough yes votes to make it questionable this last time.(personally I cant find 20 people that say they voted yes, but people lie too) If they were to open the contract again, I will guarentee you there will not be enough yes votes to even make it possible to fake a passing vote. No way at all. I am in no way saying that the IUAW/Locals do it, just saying that there is no way this gets opened again , and passes before 2011. IMO.

How do you know the last vote on the modifications passed? Because the UAW said so? Who counted the votes? NO Company rep was there! Why isn't there a tally from each plant with how many yes and no votes?

More secrets drive more suspicions and fuel more contempt.

Wow, masterchief....didn't your plant vote it down....were those numbers counted and posted.....there is a tally, all you have to do is go to your hall and ask....they never post true voting numbers in the plants or in the media!!! How long you been in the UAW....this is always true.....with strike vote, ratification, modifications....whatever the vote is, the percentages are posted.....