Gettelfinger: "I'm done" in 2010

I wouldn't count on "the big O" to much. He is hand picked by Kissinger and the rest of the big bankers/powermen. He is supposed to be the "new face of the New World Order" and you can bet your bottom dollar that Labor is at the bottom of that "order". We don't have enough members and/or $$$$'s to make them give one :censored: about us.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many black slugs sucking on the vitamin D tit milk.. get'em all out and reduce their salaries by 50k. One man one vote. No more voting yes on agreements either.. You stupid fucks..

LOL...U SUK....at least you realize it and carry it around on your name tag!! IDIOT, you are the UAW.......here's your card :redcard: !

Too many black slugs sucking on the vitamin D tit milk.. get'em all out and reduce their salaries by 50k. One man one vote. No more voting yes on agreements either.. You stupid fucks..
A guy who was chairman in my plant used to say that you can put most anything on paper,but what gets put on it more often than not ia a load of S--T!Perfect proof is the above statement.Someone named Reuther,Woodcock and Yokich as the three best President's that we have had.Obviously that is an opinion which clearly the writer is entitled to,however Iwould seriously disagree with two of the writer's selections.Ibelieve that in the clear anyalsis of history that Woodcock and Yokich will be viewed as being at the bottom of the list.History will show that the rot started to set in under Woodcock.That was when the Japanese first started their assault on the U.S. auto industry and he failed to react despite being warned by A PROMINENT MEMBER OF THE i.u.a.w.The comment about strikes also requires a reply, it is not just about issues,it is also about timing ,the economy etc.also good leadership tries to avoid strikes NOT call them.I always was of the opinion that we generally gained more from the threat of a strike than we did by the actual strike itself.Oh well just one person's opinion.

A guy who was chairman in my plant used to say that you can put most anything on paper,but what gets put on it more often than not ia a load of S--T!Perfect proof is the above statement.Someone named Reuther,Woodcock and Yokich as the three best President's that we have had.Obviously that is an opinion which clearly the writer is entitled to,however Iwould seriously disagree with two of the writer's selections.Ibelieve that in the clear anyalsis of history that Woodcock and Yokich will be viewed as being at the bottom of the list.History will show that the rot started to set in under Woodcock.That was when the Japanese first started their assault on the U.S. auto industry and he failed to react despite being warned by A PROMINENT MEMBER OF THE i.u.a.w.The comment about strikes also requires a reply, it is not just about issues,it is also about timing ,the economy etc.also good leadership tries to avoid strikes NOT call them.I always was of the opinion that we generally gained more from the threat of a strike than we did by the actual strike itself.Oh well just one person's opinion.

Does anyone remember how after Woodcock retired as UAW President, he then became the Ambassador to China? Our hero! Paving the way for the situation we're in now. He wouldn't make a patch on the ass of Fraser! Go back and compare their tenures. There is no comparison! Both served under very different circumstances. The question still remains, who will lead us next? Any guesses? I know who I think it will be but I'm curious as to how others feel.

Does anyone remember how after Woodcock retired as UAW President, he then became the Ambassador to China? Our hero! Paving the way for the situation we're in now. He wouldn't make a patch on the ass of Fraser! Go back and compare their tenures. There is no comparison! Both served under very different circumstances. The question still remains, who will lead us next? Any guesses? I know who I think it will be but I'm curious as to how others feel.

Bob King?

Bingo!

The IUAW already knows who they are going to have put in as leader. At one time Bob was king but I think Ford putting the Fiesta in Mexico with 4500 new jobs and a $3 billion investment while they bleed the UAW workforce with pay/benefit cuts and layoffs has hurt Bobs chances. But as I said eariler IUAW knows who is getting the job and the UAW membership has virtually no say!

One man one vote please!!!

The IUAW already knows who they are going to have put in as leader. At one time Bob was king but I think Ford putting the Fiesta in Mexico with 4500 new jobs and a $3 billion investment while they bleed the UAW workforce with pay/benefit cuts and layoffs has hurt Bobs chances. But as I said eariler IUAW knows who is getting the job and the UAW membership has virtually no say!

One member, one vote, sounds good. But with the size of the membership IMO it is impracticable. If we had a sort of primary---that could work: more than one serious candidate. I personally would like to see the glass ceiling broken and some diversity at the helm. New ideas and views are needed to reflect what our membership is. Mark my words.

Was that fiesta King's or Gettlefinger's failure? Let's not forget the Fusion either. I drive to and fro by the Wixom Plant each day. I wish that not only for Wixom22's fate, but for all our benefit that the Fusion, Milan and MKZ were being assembled there.

The Fusion job in Mexico, IMO, is Gettlrfinger's worse mark against his legacy.

Was that fiesta King's or Gettlefinger's failure? Let's not forget the Fusion either. I drive to and fro by the Wixom Plant each day. I wish that not only for Wixom22's fate, but for all our benefit that the Fusion, Milan and MKZ were being assembled there.

The Fusion job in Mexico, IMO, is Gettlrfinger's worse mark against his legacy.

I would have to agree. There was a rumor flying a short while back that Ford and the IUAW was tired of the Japs at AAI and were going to put the new Mustang at Wixom. That doesn't look like it's going to happen just yet. When Ford stakes went to 15% I was hoping that would trigger some movement to Wixom. Still, you never know with that 51% yes vote.

Hell, a better idea for the Mustang would be to add another body shop where the old Dearborn Assembly plant is/was, and run them at DTP. There is plenty of capacity, the paint system was there before the truck plant, and the Final area is supposed to be able to handle more than just trucks. ;)

Hell, a better idea for the Mustang would be to add another body shop where the old Dearborn Assembly plant is/was, and run them at DTP. There is plenty of capacity, the paint system was there before the truck plant, and the Final area is supposed to be able to handle more than just trucks. ;)

Yeah, that could work too. I remember when the Mustang was there originally. You guys at DTP will be just fine once the trucks start selling again. The main objective is to get more work to the metro area. I think we both agree on that.

Bring Mustang back to it's old pasture.

You obviously don't know sht....the e-board has not given the knod to anyone yet.....one man one vote....what kind of sexist remark is that???

463px-rosie_the_riveter.jpg

You obviously don't know sht....the e-board has not given the knod to anyone yet.....one man one vote....what kind of sexist remark is that???

463px-rosie_the_riveter.jpg

Your right I dont know sht... But I do know the IUAW that moved millions of people up to the middle class no longer exist. I do know that at the Const. Conv. when someone wants to speak and the powers to be do not want to hear it they have the mike cut off. I do know that one of the reasons we have top down power was to prevent Communist from gaining power in the IUAW. Finally I do know you like how things are by reading your post. So I must ask myself what kind of person are you? I would guess a wanna be that never got an education or if you did get an education you didnt have any connections. So you decided to suck off the UAW. Unions are only as good as its members and our union is losing members and political power because its members do not strive to take chances to improve the union and those with the power want to continue to suck the tit and not push forward with a pro worker, progressive agenda. I could name several IUAW leaders who I wouldnt let balance my check book or manage a Dairy Queen but they are the voice of our union. If I didnt care I would make my money and keep my mouth shut but I care and pray the union changes so my children and grand children have a chance to make a middleclass living.

Your right I dont know sht... But I do know the IUAW that moved millions of people up to the middle class no longer exist. I do know that at the Const. Conv. when someone wants to speak and the powers to be do not want to hear it they have the mike cut off. I do know that one of the reasons we have top down power was to prevent Communist from gaining power in the IUAW. Finally I do know you like how things are by reading your post. So I must ask myself what kind of person are you? I would guess a wanna be that never got an education or if you did get an education you didnt have any connections. So you decided to suck off the UAW. Unions are only as good as its members and our union is losing members and political power because its members do not strive to take chances to improve the union and those with the power want to continue to suck the tit and not push forward with a pro worker, progressive agenda. I could name several IUAW leaders who I wouldnt let balance my check book or manage a Dairy Queen but they are the voice of our union. If I didnt care I would make my money and keep my mouth shut but I care and pray the union changes so my children and grand children have a chance to make a middleclass living.

I think we saw this description played out in the "what went wrong" post. Sorry Sam

Again, I reiterate, UDONTKNO SHT!!! The IUAW didn't move millions of people up to the middle class dumb ass, the Union movement did and still does!! When was the last time you went on an organizing drive or participate in an organizing event...let me guess...never... low life fkers like yourself who reek the benefit of being a part of this great organazation and does nothing to help move it forward, is the problem.....because if you open your beady little eyes, you would realize that organizing is going on all over, because of the Union movement! Improving the way of living for the rest of the world...so sit in your own little world and keep talking shit about the organazation that has fed your family, you little fking pathetic excuse for a person.

PS..I was at the con con where the mic was shut off...he talked for 2 minutes and his time was up to speak....so again UDONYKNO SHIT!

Edited by Captain723

Again, I reiterate, UDONTKNO SHT!!! The IUAW didn't move millions of people up to the middle class dumb ass, the Union movement did and still does!! When was the last time you went on an organizing drive or participate in an organizing event...let me guess...never... low life fkers like yourself who reek the benefit of being a part of this great organazation and does nothing to help move it forward, is the problem.....because if you open your beady little eyes, you would realize that organizing is going on all over, because of the Union movement! Improving the way of living for the rest of the world...so sit in your own little world and keep talking shit about the organazation that has fed your family, you little fking pathetic excuse for a person.

PS..I was at the con con where the mic was shut off...he talked for 2 minutes and his time was up to speak....so again UDONYKNO SHIT!

Ok now I know which of the two it is. You dont have an education is why you are sucking off the UAW. Its ok though not all of us are smart or driven enough to get an education. Unfortunatly you dont know my background as I dont know yours but I'm sure if you knew you would have quite a different opinion.

While I agree with some of your post. I have to strongly disagree with a portion thereof.. "PS..I was at the con con where the mic was shut off...he talked for 2 minutes and his time was up to speak...." We both know that was NOT why he was shut down...and another gentleman said he would give him his 2 minutes also. Really wanna air dirty laundry here? While I agree that the IUAW does what it THINKS is best for us the membership, I also cannot blindly follow them when I think something is wrong. The way that the upper leadership decides the next President is wrong....IMO. The members SHOULD have more say in who they want as the next President..the problem with that though, is that only a very small percentage of us even pay attention to 1/10th of what is going on. Can we agree on that much ?

Ok now I know which of the two it is. You dont have an education is why you are sucking off the UAW. Its ok though not all of us are smart or driven enough to get an education. Unfortunatly you dont know my background as I dont know yours but I'm sure if you knew you would have quite a different opinion.

Nope...I don't know your background....don't really care, because I base my view of you on your stupid ass post.... :ohsnap:

While I agree with some of your post. I have to strongly disagree with a portion thereof.. "PS..I was at the con con where the mic was shut off...he talked for 2 minutes and his time was up to speak...." We both know that was NOT why he was shut down...and another gentleman said he would give him his 2 minutes also. Really wanna air dirty laundry here? While I agree that the IUAW does what it THINKS is best for us the membership, I also cannot blindly follow them when I think something is wrong. The way that the upper leadership decides the next President is wrong....IMO. The members SHOULD have more say in who they want as the next President..the problem with that though, is that only a very small percentage of us even pay attention to 1/10th of what is going on. Can we agree on that much ?

No we can't agree on that....I think the members today are more involved and knowledgable as they ever have been....I think what idontkno posted in another thread is exactly correct....a lot of elections are a popularity contest and we do not need that in an important position like President!! I feel us members do have a say when we elect local leaders...if you don't like the outcome then elect different leaders. So if you don't like who has been elected you can blame the membership, because they voted for those voting for President!! When you elect your congressperson or senators, you elect them to represent you...if you don't like how they vote, you vote them out!!