WAP

thezip

The word I heard before all of the layoffs started was close to 400 - 600 when all was said and done. When the shift drops at isa they will take what they need and the rest are gone. the rest of the people being laid off will come from the bottom of the seniority list from wap. Word is you will need 93 seniority to stay in isa.

Where it gets interesting is if somebody with lets say 15 years seniority wants to use 6-10-15 to come to wap from isa if they do not make the cut, they would have to bump someone with 6-10 years. Thats how the 6-10-15 works. Now if they get rid of the amount of people they claim from wap there will be nobody left in that bracket. So now what? Does somebody with 15 years go on ilo while somebody with 13 years works? This is going to get real messy.

we didnt use the 6/10/15 rule when mtp came over why would we be using it if they cut a shift.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we didnt use the 6/10/15 rule when mtp came over why would we be using it if they cut a shift.

ONE MORE TIME The MTP move was "called a temporary lay off" so no 6-10-15 rule.

Want to bump using 6-10-15 make sure it is an ILO............................

we didnt use it because everyone that came over from MTP was placed, no one from WAP or ISA was displaced. our leadership told us that everyone is safe and dont buy into the rumors even though there are 10 people sitting at each picnic table with no job assignment, everyone will have a job!. well now that people are going to be hitting the streets and a shift reduction at ISA is inevitable along with line speed reduction the 6-10-15 comes into effect. You only use it in layoff status.

ONE MORE TIME The MTP move was "called a temporary lay off" so no 6-10-15 rule.

Want to bump using 6-10-15 make sure it is an ILO............................

see they only called it a temporary lay off even though they knew that people were or there was a very high chance that people would be laid off. when we asked why we didn't use the rule for the trades we were told that if they did that they would have to use it for production. even though it would have benefited trades it would have killed production at Isa.

they known from the beginning that cuts were looming. they hoped that through buyouts and maybe increased sells that things might have been better but they knew.

And thats why people are mad because they were told nobody was getting laid off. So instead of going to Dearborn where there seniority would be high they stayed and now must hear all the rumors. Again, this is only talk in the plant.

Kind of funny that there is still not a definite word from those in power about a layoff,but last night a good portion of low seniority had people training on their jobs.Guess the final word will come around midnight on the friday before we come back from layoff.

Kind of funny that there is still not a definite word from those in power about a layoff,but last night a good portion of low seniority had people training on their jobs.Guess the final word will come around midnight on the friday before we come back from layoff.

like the bulletin that was put out thursday said, its only former politicians that are spreading rumors...slick willy says .."everyone gonna be alright" :blah: :blah: :blah:

are they going to lay people off (ILO) while on down weeks this time too..??

Union told me to expect a call while we were off.Still was not definite on it but did not want people to be surprised since he had heard that more layoffs were fothcoming.Soo yea im expecting to be called.

:banghead:

What kind of seniority do you guys think or have heard willl be getting ILO'd?

I believe it will go back to about mid 99 but have heard back to the start of 99 so who knows on that.Also the two people i know who are off were told that they are on TLO not on ILO so the time doesnt count towards the sub cap but......

Union told me to expect a call while we were off.Still was not definite on it but did not want people to be surprised since he had heard that more layoffs were fothcoming.Soo yea im expecting to be called.

Was told today everyone that was going to Woodhaven and engine are coming back to WAP on the 27th. Buddy with 94 sen. got the call Weds. There's about 50 of us. Sorry guys tried to leave so you could stay.

Was told today everyone that was going to Woodhaven and engine are coming back to WAP on the 27th. Buddy with 94 sen. got the call Weds. There's about 50 of us. Sorry guys tried to leave so you could stay.

My husband was called on Wednesday too. He goes back on the 27th.

Outf-ingstanding just what all the low seniority people were told wasnt going to happen is now becoming reality.Ford will be nice enough to provide the vaseline,but, due to recent cutbacks you will be required to bring your own metal shavings and/or sand!

yeah and unfortunately I think this is only the beginning. I highly doubt Ford is going to pay the extra 300+ people at WAP and ISA to sit at the picninc tables everyday. I believe they are really hoping they get a lot of buyouts this round or shits gonna hit the fan

shouldnt be any to ISA as WAP has 100+ under our lowest.. but things are being made up as they go along..

I heard they are going to ILO about 80 from ISA while we are off and possibly some from WAP too. I just heard before we went out that 15 were going to ISA. I believe they have to give everyone coming from MTP the option to go to ISA because lower seniority from MTP was offered. Also heard around 80 ILO'd everytime we are off. Could end up around 300 to 400 total from both plants.

Edited by vmpp

Did you say Wayne has a Picnic?

Everyday, as many extras sit at the tables without a job. Add a third shift at ISA that won't be needed soon after the line speed is reduced at Wayne and you have enough extra people for a full blown festival instead of a picnic

Heard some people got a layoff call friday the 17th? Or is this just a distorted rumor based on people returning from woodhaven and DTEP?I know im really close to the bottom of the food chain at WAP but did not get a call?

Heard some people got a layoff call friday the 17th? Or is this just a distorted rumor based on people returning from woodhaven and DTEP?I know im really close to the bottom of the food chain at WAP but did not get a call?

I was told if(when) the calls go out it'll be the second friday.. could be different between WAP and ISA though.