John Rich's "Shutting Down Detroit"

fastime

Where have you folks been? this song has been out for several weeks

Yeah, but its still good to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it and copy onto their pc. I emailed it to everyone in my contact list. I'm not much of a country music fan, but I must admit, that it is a good one. I;ll keep it next to Hank, Charlie Daniels, and David Allen Coe. :stats:

Edited by DetroitFanz

Yeah, but its still good to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it and copy onto their pc. I emailed it to everyone in my contact list. I'm not much of a country music fan, but I must admit, that it is a good one. I;ll keep it next to Hank, Charlie Daniels, and David Allen Coe. :stats:

David Allen Coe? Isn't he the racist that babbles about how he hates anyone of color? You would like that type of drivel. This explains ALOT about your ignorance on this site. I smell some inbreeding going on here. Everybody watch out for this one.

David Allen Coe? Isn't he the racist that babbles about how he hates anyone of color? You would like that type of drivel. This explains ALOT about your ignorance on this site. I smell some inbreeding going on here. Everybody watch out for this one.

You just said a mouthful of ignorant shit. Ignorance leads to drinking a lot of kool-aid. I just said I'm NOT into country. And I don't have any songs in my collection about racism or hating anyone of color. Not inbred as far as I know. Kid Rock has a son from a black mother and he claims to like David Allen Coe. He must be inbred and racist as well. Go figure....................

:extinguish:

You just said a mouthful of ignorant shit. Ignorance leads to drinking a lot of kool-aid. I just said I'm NOT into country. And I don't have any songs in my collection about racism or hating anyone of color. Not inbred as far as I know. Kid Rock has a son from a black mother and he claims to like David Allen Coe. He must be inbred and racist as well. Go figure....................

:extinguish:

This song pretty much sums it up

Not to get off subject, but Pulse that was kind of an uncalled for attack on DetroitFanz just because David Allen Coe has some racist songs does not mean everybody that listens to his music listens to them and he does have some good songs like, The Ride and You Don't Have To Call Me Darling.

As for my self I'm stuck in a whole other era from about 1969 to about 1987 I just wish I still had the hair that matched the era, if I let grow now I would end up with a BALLET instead of a MULLET bald up front and party in the back not to hip. :rockon:

Not to get off subject, but Pulse that was kind of an uncalled for attack on DetroitFanz just because David Allen Coe has some racist songs does not mean everybody that listens to his music listens to them and he does have some good songs like, The Ride and You Don't Have To Call Me Darling.

As for my self I'm stuck in a whole other era from about 1969 to about 1987 I just wish I still had the hair that matched the era, if I let grow now I would end up with a BALLET instead of a MULLET bald up front and party in the back not to hip. :rockon:

As far as the uncalled for attack, Df tried to dump some chit on me on another thread and I had to go there. Good songs can be named by your mood. My point was that df lalks from df's ass. I would be very careful about defending any of DAC"s recordings. He sings RACIST messages as a whole. We have to ignore that message. Just sayin'---

Edited by Pulse

JMO...but I really think this is also a cut to the auto industry. I watched this guy debut this song several weeks ago.It was right after the hearings in congress with the big 3. Do me a favor and close your eyes and just listen to the lyrics. I think this fuck was just trying to cash in on the moment. Besides I don't like cuntry music! :hysterical: :happy feet: :stirpot: :shades:

JMO...but I really think this is also a cut to the auto industry. I watched this guy debut this song several weeks ago.It was right after the hearings in congress with the big 3. Do me a favor and close your eyes and just listen to the lyrics. I think this fuck was just trying to cash in on the moment. Besides I don't like cuntry music! :hysterical: :happy feet: :stirpot: :shades:

Could be---I thought the same thing. I don't hear the love in the lyrics. The jury is still out. There is a lingering doubt in my mind that links these guy's to the toyoda--muthaaffok---the union clan. The sad thing is that a lot of country stars are being bought by the FORIEGN money. For Christ's sake, hillbillies and dorks are racing in jap cars. Dale is rolling in his grave from jr's endorsements

I have three David Allen Coe songs, the two you mentioned and Jimmy Buffett Doesn't Live In Key West Anymore. There's also another part to You Don't Have To Call Me Darling, called The Perfect Country and Western Song(as he Puts it).

And yes the styles change, but our great grand kids will be listening to Zep, Aerosmith, Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen, Kiss, The Who, The Stones, Metallica, Ted, Alice Cooper, Seger, and so forth long after everyone's forgotten this alternative stuff and this new brand of country. The only way to define good music is by how long people keep listening to it. I just heard Stranglehold on House last Monday.

By the way, thanx for the back up. I'm not a racist.

:beerchug:

whoever took this thread off topic is dumb. just enjoy the song and STFU if you dont like it.

OK

:backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic: :backtotopic:

Well.....................even if he did do this song/video to "cash in" on the moment, it still makes people think about their own tradition and roots. It's a good way for outsiders to relate to what's happening here.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

I have three David Allen Coe songs, the two you mentioned and Jimmy Buffett Doesn't Live In Key West Anymore. There's also another part to You Don't Have To Call Me Darling, called The Perfect Country and Western Song(as he Puts it).

And yes the styles change, but our great grand kids will be listening to Zep, Aerosmith, Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen, Kiss, The Who, The Stones, Metallica, Ted, Alice Cooper, Seger, and so forth long after everyone's forgotten this alternative stuff and this new brand of country. The only way to define good music is by how long people keep listening to it. I just heard Stranglehold on House last Monday.

By the way, thanx for the back up. I'm not a racist.

:beerchug:

If you sleep with pigs, you will smell like a pig. So, PIG---if you buy music from a racist, you support racism. If you didn't know any better, you do now. It is what it is!

If you sleep with pigs, you will smell like a pig. So, PIG---if you buy music from a racist, you support racism. If you didn't know any better, you do now. It is what it is!

Pulse STFU. Apparently then if you buy music from any band or buy a DVD with celebrities you support what they do? Well if you've listened to some classic rock bands you support drug abuse? If you listen to some country music artists you support alcoholism? I call bullshit.

:rant::rant::rant:

Pulse, thank you for that wealth of intellect and wisdom. I've learned so, so much from all of your educational and inspirational rants, er.......I mean......posts. And I now realize that if you supported the "concessions", you must also be anti-union. I wasn't sure about you before, but now I am. I own Guns 'N Roses music, therefore I support bi-polar behavior, my Rolling Stones collection clearly reveals my advocacy for the use of heroine. And if you are like me, and own the Ted Nugent song; Stranglehold, then you most definitely condone domestic violence, particularly against women. :slug:

Pulse, you took this thread off topic again, so you must support censorship. :censored:

So.................if I sleep with your _____________(fill in the blank), does that mean I will smell like her? :do what:

To the rest of you, the good news is: John Rich's song is on YouTube and all over the web, so you can legally enjoy the song/video without finacially supporting the GOP, Glen Beck or any of his alleged anti union chums.

:party2: :headspin:

Edited by DetroitFanz

Pulse, thank you for that wealth of intellect and wisdom. I've learned so, so much from all of your educational and inspirational rants, er.......I mean......posts. And I now realize that if you supported the "concessions", you must also be anti-union. I wasn't sure about you before, but now I am. I own Guns 'N Roses music, therefore I support bi-polar behavior, my Rolling Stones collection clearly reveals my advocacy for the use of heroine. And if you are like me, and own the Ted Nugent song; Stranglehold, then you most definitely condone domestic violence, particularly against women. :slug:

Pulse, you took this thread off topic again, so you must support censorship. :censored:

So.................if I sleep with your _____________(fill in the blank), does that mean I will smell like her? :do what:

To the rest of you, the good news is: John Rich's song is on YouTube and all over the web, so you can legally enjoy the song/video without finacially supporting the GOP, Glen Beck or any of his alleged anti union chums.

Damage this dork started bitting at my ankles on another thread and I'm gonna continue to break it off in his ass every chance I get until he stops. Fonzie, thank you for explaining why you are like you are. Your tit is in a wringer now. You can try to change the fact that you aggree with DAC all you want. All you are doing is convincing yourself. You need f'king therapy. Thanks for solving another mystery, my dog has been smelling awful strange lately. Have you been getting out of your moms car when she is parked in my driveway and playing hanky panky with my old dog? Stay away from my dog or I won't let your mom service me for that can of pork-n-beans. You really should patch things up with her. She is very concerned about the amount of time you have been spending at the rest area servicing the glory hole. :reading:

Damage this dork started bitting at my ankles on another thread and I'm gonna continue to break it off in his ass every chance I get until he stops. Fonzie, thank you for explaining why you are like you are. Your tit is in a wringer now. You can try to change the fact that you aggree with DAC all you want. All you are doing is convincing yourself. You need f'king therapy. Thanks for solving another mystery, my dog has been smelling awful strange lately. Have you been getting out of your moms car when she is parked in my driveway and playing hanky panky with my old dog? Stay away from my dog or I won't let your mom service me for that can of pork-n-beans. You really should patch things up with her. She is very concerned about the amount of time you have been spending at the rest area servicing the glory hole. :reading:

You still are being a hypocrite saying if you like David Allan Coe you're a racist.

You still are being a hypocrite saying if you like David Allan Coe you're a racist.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I personally can't enjoy an artist when I know he has songs bashing people of color and using the N word. That's my conviction and I won't force it on anyone. peace out

I just think the people who are pointing out the fact that John Rich supported John McCain, the same person that would of ended the Automotive Industry as we know it. Yeah, it might have good lyrics but he was clearly making the song for profit, period. Why would you support someone who is so against the same industry you work for and then sing with him when we are down on our luck??? This has been pointed out before. And I agree with the previous poster. He promoted his shit on Glen Beck. Why not Keith Obermann? or at the very least Lou Dobbs? I love county but I'm sorry there are enough of these so called "all american military (Republican) country folk" not supporting our all american manufacturing base. BTW, they also make comments in support of Shelby and Corker all the time.

I just think the people who are pointing out the fact that John Rich supported John McCain, the same person that would of ended the Automotive Industry as we know it. Yeah, it might have good lyrics but he was clearly making the song for profit, period. Why would you support someone who is so against the same industry you work for and then sing with him when we are down on our luck??? This has been pointed out before. And I agree with the previous poster. He promoted his shit on Glen Beck. Why not Keith Obermann? or at the very least Lou Dobbs? I love county but I'm sorry there are enough of these so called "all american military (Republican) country folk" not supporting our all american manufacturing base. BTW, they also make comments in support of Shelby and Corker all the time.

Bravo!!! :bowdown:

You people who think that this song was promoted on the Beck show just because he supported McCain are a pack of MORONS (and yes, read the definition of MORON). Do you think these artists send out postcards begging shows to invite them on? No, the show contacts them. And as a matter of fact, I have seen a few different emails that has shown Mr. Rich singing his song on several different radion shows. If I am not mistaken, one of them was a show out of Detoilet, where, by the way, the democratic party has pretty much sinlge handedly distroyed Detoilet if not all of Michigan with its corruption. Just look at the marvelous Kwame.

You people who think that this song was promoted on the Beck show just because he supported McCain are a pack of MORONS (and yes, read the definition of MORON). Do you think these artists send out postcards begging shows to invite them on? No, the show contacts them. And as a matter of fact, I have seen a few different emails that has shown Mr. Rich singing his song on several different radion shows. If I am not mistaken, one of them was a show out of Detoilet, where, by the way, the democratic party has pretty much sinlge handedly distroyed Detoilet if not all of Michigan with its corruption. Just look at the marvelous Kwame.

Oh, o.k. put us all in the pool that voted for Kwame. Most of us do not even live in the city of Detroit where the corruption has gone on in the past. What makes you think that if a Republican was not in there things would not be corrupt. People, my friend, are corrupt and it is not always because of the party they are affiliated with. Can a fake war be considered corruption?? Should we all hate Republicans because there are a few AHoles like Shelby and Cocker out there? You my friend are the MORON. I would love to see the city of Detroit come back to the way it once was and so would a lot of people in that city. Do you think the voters expected such corruption? The children of that city deserve so much more than you reminding them of what they are lacking. You should be flushed down the TOILET along with John Rich's guitar!