Next Generation Mustang

Tico

...It is definitely approaching the point of no return on the V8 pricing. It has to be difficult to keep the pricing in line on such a vehicle these days.

I agree. Well, with any luck, maybe this "Way Forward" strategy of developing the powertrains separately to keep costs down will payoff in a good way for the consumer?

I agree. Well, with any luck, maybe this "Way Forward" strategy of developing the powertrains separately to keep costs down will payoff in a good way for the consumer?

One can hope. In the long term though, I fear (and hope at the same time) that the only true way that the Mustang is going to survive as an affordable vehicle is if they find a way to share the platform with other vehicles, aka GRWD.

One can hope. In the long term though, I fear (and hope at the same time) that the only true way that the Mustang is going to survive as an affordable vehicle is if they find a way to share the platform with other vehicles, aka GRWD.

Hey, I'm in the same boat partner, I've not given up on the RWD deal yet either. I want it for Stang, for a future RWD Ford sedan, a future T-Bird, and then of course for Lincoln. I just know we gotta be patient and wait for $$ to improve. :party:

Hey, I was curious about your toy... See a couple of posts above...

By the way.... A little off-topic, but have you gotten yours out yet this year? I'm waiting til May cuz it's gonna snow a little even tonight yet. (I live in Northeastern Ohio).

Which means you should be getting this crap by Wed. or Thurs. :banghead:

Oh, completely missed this the first time around.

Thankfully, I never really have to "put it away" for the winter. If it's a nice enough day, I'll take it out. Just won't do it if it's wet out or if there is salt reside on the roads during the winter months. I drove it most of this past weekend for a few nice cruises with the windows down. Desperately needs new tires, but other than that, still running like a champ! :shift:

Oh, completely missed this the first time around.

Thankfully, I never really have to "put it away" for the winter. If it's a nice enough day, I'll take it out. Just won't do it if it's wet out or if there is salt reside on the roads during the winter months. I drove it most of this past weekend for a few nice cruises with the windows down. Desperately needs new tires, but other than that, still running like a champ! :shift:

Now that you've had time to break them in, did all those suspension mods turn-out to be what you were hoping for? I'll hopefully get around to doing mine this year, we'll see...

Now that you've had time to break them in, did all those suspension mods turn-out to be what you were hoping for? I'll hopefully get around to doing mine this year, we'll see...

Well, at lower speeds the suspension works freaking fantastic around tight turns and long radius turns like exit ramps. I really haven't been able to completely throttle it yet though due to the front tire issue.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but the front tires are pretty much hosed from the camber being off so much on the previous setup that they vibrate rather violently at around 80 mph at certain steering angles. Trying not to push it too hard until I get those replaced.

Well, at lower speeds the suspension works freaking fantastic around tight turns and long radius turns like exit ramps. I really haven't been able to completely throttle it yet though due to the front tire issue.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but the front tires are pretty much hosed from the camber being off so much on the previous setup that they vibrate rather violently at around 80 mph at certain steering angles. Trying not to push it too hard until I get those replaced.

If the funds allow, I've had nothing but excellent performance from both the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s and Pirelli PZeros. Just a thought....

If the funds allow, I've had nothing but excellent performance from both the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s and Pirelli PZeros. Just a thought....

Well, not replacing the rear tires since they still have plenty of meat on em, so I'll probably just get another set of Bridgestone Potenza SO2's to keep the same pattern and specs fore and aft. Will try to keep in mind your suggestions when it comes time to do an all-four swap again down the road.

• 3 weeks later...
ALL NEW Mustang in MY13 (following Fords 3 year rule). IRS will be an option. 2.5 EB, 3.7, 3.5 EB, 5.0, probably 5.0 EB. Engine ready for the Mustang if GM brings out Z28 is the "777" engine which is a 7.0 V8! Its from the Boss family.

Careful. BO will make this type of car a threat to homeland security and put you on a "right wing extremist" list for just driving it.

Please, God, let me be wrong.

ALL NEW Mustang in MY13 (following Fords 3 year rule). IRS will be an option. 2.5 EB, 3.7, 3.5 EB, 5.0, probably 5.0 EB. Engine ready for the Mustang if GM brings out Z28 is the "777" engine which is a 7.0 V8! Its from the Boss family.

The 777 will never see the light of day as a production engine.