Pelosi offers tough critique of automakers

Len_A

I don't want to be rude but...I've read this all over this statement all over the net. GM sold more cars world wide then any other manufacturer...much more to the problem then this statement...which I'm sure you realize by your first statement. It just irks me to keep reading that statement.

Then what's the problem?

Shrink in size, sell or end some product lines. They are to big.

Make products that people want.

now, you lost me...... because that is what the media is saying, and thus it is a lie. GM sold quite a few cars and trucks. so what your REALLY saying, and the media too for that instance, is you want GM to make cars like toyota and such, well they are NOT toyota, nor like them. toyota is also hurting.

maybe you not listen to fox news so much.

now, you lost me...... because that is what the media is saying, and thus it is a lie. GM sold quite a few cars and trucks. so what your REALLY saying, and the media too for that instance, is you want GM to make cars like toyota and such, well they are NOT toyota, nor like them. toyota is also hurting.

maybe you not listen to fox news so much.

I don't listen to any MSM.

A lie??? How much inventory do they have on hand? How many layoff weeks do they get? Something is wrong then.

Who said make cars like toyoty? Someone mentioned that they sold more cars worldwide than anyone else yet they are in the worst shape, something don's seem right then.

The market has shrunk and we should expect it to stay that way for a while seeing that they no longer let anyone that walks in buy a car anymore and consumers are being more frugal nowadays.

P.S. What is it you see as the problem??????

I don't listen to any MSM.

A lie??? How much inventory do they have on hand? How many layoff weeks do they get? Something is wrong then.

Who said make cars like toyoty? Someone mentioned that they sold more cars worldwide than anyone else yet they are in the worst shape, something don's seem right then.

The market has shrunk and we should expect it to stay that way for a while seeing that they no longer let anyone that walks in buy a car anymore and consumers are being more frugal nowadays.

P.S. What is it you see as the problem??????

you cant just mention half of what the 'other' media says and then not expect people to not connect you to them.

the market, and economy is a TEMPORARY problem. its not permanent, but bankruptcy and possible liquidation IS.

more then HALF the problem IS the government, and the unfair policy's that have been in place for 20 years, MY solution, simple.... CHANGE the policy's and give the automakers time/money to get past this time period.

your solution just happens to line up the republican- right wing crap, are you denying this ?

Shrink in size, sell or end some product lines. They are to big.

Make products that people want.

I also have a problem with this! Tell us what they should Make? They did and now people like you are shoving it up there ass.

You realize Gm still has a 20% market share even with 18 Competitors. They are the #1 auto maker in North America. I guess 10million people didnt want what they bought. (globaly) 1million North America, IS THIS BETTER. MORE CLEARER FOR YOU!

Why not ask about fixing the real issues like health care, trade policies that cripple us.

Why are we importing 500k KiA's and can only export 5000 that nobody can buy, Why cant we do what China or Japan do??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

I also have a problem with this! Tell us what they should Make? They did and now people like you are shoving it up there ass.

You realize Gm still has a 20% market share even with 18 Competitors. They are the #1 auto maker in North America. I guess 10million people didnt want what they bought.

Why not ask about fixing the real issues like health care, trade policies that cripple us.

Why are we importing 500k KiA's and can only export 5000 that nobody can buy, Why cant we do what China or Japan do??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Make what people want.

10 million???? LOL Where do you get this???? The auto industry as a whole probably won't hit 10 million this year.

Why not learn how to run a buisness??? Look at the differences between Ford and GM as far as restructuring. Ford seems to be headed in the right direction.

This is America not China or Japan, you are free to move there if you so chose.

Edited by fmccap

You realize Gm still has a 20% market share even with 18 Competitors. They are the #1 auto maker in North America. I guess 10million people didnt want what they bought.

yeah if the gov really wanted to help the AMERICAN people they would change trade policies. K.eep I.mports A.way. they are putting the knife right in our hand. Honda and toiletyota are both hurting they are just now starting to cut production. they are only expecrting 8 million new car sales this year

Last Tuesday, as President Obama got off the Helicopter in front of the

White House, he was carrying a baby piglet under each arm.

The squared away Marine guard snaps to attention, Salutes, and says:

"Nice pigs, Sir."

The President replies: "These are not pigs. These are authentic Arkansas

Razorback Hogs. I got one for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and I

got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared away Marine again snaps to attention, Salutes, and says:

"Excellent trade, Sir.

:shades:

:cheerleader: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :cheerleader: That's f'kin' for real funny!

Ford’s Restructuring Puts The Onus On GM?

Not so good for rival General Motors (GM), which risen only half as much, on a percentage basis, in a bright day for automotives. Analysts concluded that Ford did what GM has needed to do, but has done it better and faster than the putative leader of the auto sector was able to do.

Make what people want.

10 million???? LOL Where do you get this???? The auto industry as a whole probably won't hit 10 million this year.

Why not learn how to run a buisness??? Look at the differences between Ford and GM as far as restructuring. Ford seems to be headed in the right direction.

This is America not China or Japan, you are free to move there if you so chose.

Are you really that challenged? Do some research on the trade policy's of Korea, China and Japan. They care about their ecomomy unlike us and people like you and Ron Paul.

Again who is the #1 seller in North America? The number I gave was GLOBAL not North America.

A 2007 report released Wednesday shows that global sales for GM (GM, Fortune 500) came in at 9,369,524 vehicles.
I guess your right Gm didnt sell 10million

GM (GM, Fortune 500) reported that global sales plunged 10.8% for the year to 8.36 million vehicles.
This was 2008

GM sales of 947,000 units in North America was a roughly 10 percent drop compared with 2007

Ford North American Production

In the second quarter 2009, the company plans to produce 425,000 vehicles (135,000 cars and 290,000 trucks). In the second quarter 2008, the company produced 685,000 vehicles (237,000 cars and 448,000 trucks).

Ford in January sold fewer vehicles than General Motors Corp., Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group.

Chrysler edged past Ford by 2,104 units, selling 156,308 cars and trucks in January. Ford sold 154,204 Lincoln, Mercury and Ford vehicles in the same month.

GM eclipsed both with its 244,435 units, but Toyota maintained second place with sales of 175,850 cars and trucks --

And again your make what people wants is bullshit. They did and now people like you cry they made gas guzzlers, you have a computer use it. Like you know how to run a buisness, by your comments we can see you couldnt do it. The problem is trade policies, and federal regulations, and health care but you say make what people want,, lame. And people say the same thing about Ford make what people want crap.

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

I hope I made this easy enough for you!!

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/17/business...anese-cars.html

http://www.freetrade.org/pubs/freetotrade/chap5.html

South Korea has the most closed automotive market of any auto-producing OECD country, with only 4% of new vehicle sales being imported, next to only Japan with just 5%. In 2006, South Korean auto manufacturers imported over 125,000 vehicles into Canada, yet Canadian manufacturers exported less than 500 vehicles to South Korea.

p-southkorea-02.gif

For example, the President should insist right now in the negotiations with South Korea that South Korea end its discriminatory practices that keep U.S. auto and auto-parts from breaking into the South Korean market. Because of long-standing non-tariff barriers instituted in South Korea, U.S. car companies sold just 5,415 cars in South Korea in 2005. In contrast, South Korea enjoys wide-open access in the U.S. car market with the sale of 688,700 cars.

Yup none of this affects the domestics, they just dont build what we want. :censored:

And again your make what people wants is bullshit. They did and now people like you cry they made gas guzzlers, you have a computer use it. Like you know how to run a buisness, by your comments we can see you couldnt do it. The problem is trade policies, and federal regulations, and health care but you say make what people want,, lame. And people say the same thing about Ford make what people want crap.

Well obviously GM doesn't know how to run a business either then. I believe they sell a lot of fleet orders also.

Ford in January sold fewer vehicles than General Motors Corp., Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group.

Chrysler edged past Ford by 2,104 units, selling 156,308 cars and trucks in January. Ford sold 154,204 Lincoln, Mercury and Ford vehicles in the same month.

GM eclipsed both with its 244,435 units, but Toyota maintained second place with sales of 175,850 cars and trucks --

I guess Ford runs a business better, right? They have the same enviroment that GM does.

Well obviously GM doesn't know how to run a business either then. I believe they sell a lot of fleet orders also.

I guess Ford runs a business better, right? They have the same enviroment that GM does.

With how many less people???

What are you talking about???

Are you telling me that the domestics should be just fine and dandy? Gm, Ford, Chrysler are paying a combined 30-40 billion in heath care costs, but they arent making what people want, are trade policy's are pathetic, along with health care, and federal regulations, but they arent building what people want. Instead of fixing the main issues they want to band aid it.

The goverment that is.

Dont act like Toyota, Nissan and Honda are fairing so much better in North America. They are stopping production, offering buyouts, and crying, But they are making what people want, so whats there problem, let me guess, THE ECONOMY. Dont get me wrong Gm, has made some terrible mistakes, so has Ford, but the other issues are just bigger IMHO.

I have a very simple yet effective answer when it comes to Pelosi. Simply put: THIS BITCH HAS GOT TO GO!!! :fan: :slap: :extinguish: :slug: :banmolest: :whipped: :beatdeadhorse: OUTTA THERE!!! GONE!!! FINISHED!!! And we can toss in Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Waxman, Selby, Corker, Bitch McConnell, Al Gore and any of the others have have sold out the country. Also to included the Eco-Nazis and tree huggers! Regardless of whether they are Democrats or Republicans! Get rid of em!!! WHATEVER IT TAKES........

When you look clearly there was never much difference between them and still is not.

I hope you don't believe no bankrupcy, that is what Obama said is the most likely option. They said they had 60 days. Look for the bankrupcy to start around late May early June.

Other things I read was the bondholders said no to the last agreement because if they go into chapter 11 it will almost certainly lead to 7, I have heard that many other places also.

Maybe sooner.

GM in 'intense' preparations for bankruptcy

General Motors (GM) is making "intense" and "earnest" preparations for bankruptcy, which is now seen as the best option, according to a source familiar with the company's plans. The company is operating under a June deadline from the U.S. Treasury to reduce debt and slash costs as part of its $13.4 billion loan and request for an additional $16.6 billion.

It appears the plan to split the company in two is gaining momentum. Known as a "363 sale" because of the relevant section of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy code, this would see GM divided into one company containing healthy brands like Chevrolet and Cadillac and another holding troubled units like Saturn.

Officially, GM continues to work toward an out-of-court restructuring, which is something Ford (F) has been making great progress on. The catalyst for the apparent change of heart is the ongoing difficultly new chief executive Fritz Henderson and his counterparts at Chrysler are having negotiating with bondholders and the labor union. Creditors are holding out for better terms, secure in the belief that a sympathetic Obama administration won't allow a bankruptcy judge to force unattractive terms on the United Auto Workers. Moreover, these secured debt holders have rights to factories and other assets should their stonewalling force a full liquidation.

I have a very simple yet effective answer when it comes to Pelosi. Simply put: THIS BITCH HAS GOT TO GO!!! :fan: :slap: :extinguish: :slug: :banmolest: :whipped: :beatdeadhorse: OUTTA THERE!!! GONE!!! FINISHED!!! And we can toss in Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Waxman, Selby, Corker, Bitch McConnell, Al Gore and any of the others have have sold out the country. Also to included the Eco-Nazis and tree huggers! Regardless of whether they are Democrats or Republicans! Get rid of em!!! WHATEVER IT TAKES........

Not just on the national level either!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Yea whats wrong with these people? They are worried about 6 billion people on the planet having clean water to drink and fresh air to breath, they need to worry about the 100,000 auto workers in the U.S.

As an autoworker I have got past all of this and I really think you should too. These companies are part of the problem and they should be held accountable. If they cant produce vehicles that restrict emissions and other compaines can then they will lose business. Until they get past this and start working on cleaner vehicles we will all be worried about our jobs as well as our air. I think Ford is poised to be a leader in eco friendly vehicles, with great hybird vehicles and Alan's statement that all new vehicles will equal or better fuel economy of the best vehicles in its class. It is up to us to do what is right, not cow tow to the corporate line.