The Future Pay Scale????

shelby17

Wayne ISA Stamping will lose a few jobs on the next launch(hoods and doors along with the sub-assemblys) to Dearborn, as confirmed by our plant chairman. Now Ford will give Lenawee Stamping $6.5 million in new tooling to stamp and sub-assemble parts for the F-150 (Built in Dearborn)and the Econoline.

The new lines will manufacture cross-car beams, which are stamped and welded pieces that hold instrument panels in place in the Ford F-150 pickup and the Econoline van, said Vandertogt. They are expected to add $6.5 million in new equipment to LSC.

Why you ask, because UAW-3000 approved a contract that:

“We also agreed to a two-tier wage progression that starts at $10.50. After six months, (it goes to) $11; after 12 months, (the pay rate goes to) $11.81 and tops out at $12.80 after 18 months,” Spears said. “In exchange for this, there is a four-year agreement that guarantees 71 new jobs, and bonuses in the last three years.”

Get ready for the $14.00 an hour jobs!

http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x1525913116...to-add-new-jobs

April 3,2009

TECUMSEH, Mich. -

The new contract at Lenawee Stamping Corp. in Tecumseh will both add and save jobs, company and union officials said.

Not only does the ratification of the four-year contract keep LSC operating, the vote by United Auto Workers Local 3000 will bring jobs to the facility.

Two lines affiliated with Ford Motor Co. are expected to be put into production sometime this summer at the LSC facility, 1200 E. Chicago Blvd. In all likelihood, most of the 64 jobs will be filled by current LSC employees on layoff, said Rob Vandertogt, LSC general manager.

Tom Spears, UAW Local 3000 president, said in an e-mail that the contract addressed many issues the company presented. These included flexibility in work assignments and stricter qualifications for the team leader classification. It also separated the team leaders from the semi-skilled members, simplified overtime scheduling and addressed attendance issues, allowing a portion of vacation time to be utilized for various leaves, including those under the Family and Medical Leave Act after 10 days on leave.

“We also agreed to a two-tier wage progression that starts at $10.50. After six months, (it goes to) $11; after 12 months, (the pay rate goes to) $11.81 and tops out at $12.80 after 18 months,” Spears said. “In exchange for this, there is a four-year agreement that guarantees 71 new jobs, and bonuses in the last three years.”

The new lines will manufacture cross-car beams, which are stamped and welded pieces that hold instrument panels in place in the Ford F-150 pickup and the Econoline van, said Vandertogt. They are expected to add $6.5 million in new equipment to LSC.

“That includes some equipment that will be moved in this summer and some that was previously added,” he said.

Vandertogt said company officials will go before the Michigan Economic Growth Authority (MEGA) on April 17 to make their request for an Industrial Facilities Tax (IFT) exemption. If MEGA approves, the matter goes to the Tecumseh City Council.

“We don’t know for sure how much they would ask for,” Tecumseh City Manager Kevin Welch said Tuesday.

Vandertogt said Wednesday that the $6.5 million figure that first came up in January will be the request.

If approved, this would be the second tax abatement in the past year for LSC. In July, a 12-year, $4.9 million IFT exemption was approved by the City Council for the addition of automotive parts stamping and assembly at the facility.

The pending transfer of the new production lines to LSC is a direct result of the new contract and lobbying efforts by the union and the company, Vandertogt and Spears said. When talks broke off in January, it was feared that meant the jobs would go elsewhere.

“Both the union and company went back to Ford and requested they reconsider,” Vandertogt said. “With all the preparations we had made, we were the most ready to accept the work.”

Officials with the city of Tecumseh closely monitored the negotiations, stepping in at one point to urge the two sides to continue negotiating. Welch said he was relieved the issue was settled.

“I can’t say enough good things about this,” he said. “We are just so pleased the two sides worked it out.”

Negotiations for adjustments to the contract began soon after the first of the year with a Jan. 30 deadline for a ratified agreement in order to bring the Ford jobs to Tecumseh. Those talks ended without agreement Jan. 31.

At that point, the future of the facility was in jeopardy. Vandertogt said a new contract had to be in place by April 1 or LSC would move into what he called “shut-down mode.”

Talks continued through February and March. The agreement was reached March 23; the union rank-and-file heard the details Saturday and voted Monday.

When the negotiations began in January, the company had 231 union and 65 salaried employees. The plant has been in Tecumseh for more than 20 years.

LSC is being used as a draw for the city’s Business and Technology Campus. The campus will be located on a 158-acre site next door to LSC.

Will be no more middle class only RICH or POOR!!! And POOR will not be able to buy these automobiles and RICH will continue to buy luxury automobiles not built in the USA...We are screwed....

No we aren't General! Pull yourself together---

We know what the new pay scale for second tier hires will be -- $14.32 an hour. The big question is what will GM & Chrysler be paying seniority employees by the end of next month, and then soon after..what will be the pay scale at Ford? Obama wants all of us to be viable and competitive with the foreign transplants down south. All of us will be making less money per hour soon. We didn't take bridge loan money, but we are still going to get screwed by Obama & Tres. Sec. Tim Geitner. They want full control of the business..operations, product design, employee wages, benefits, pensions,etc. Our government is making up the rules as they go. they can now fire CEO's and other executives. They can cut pay and bonuses, and tell the company how things should be done. Imagine Obama telling the big 3 ...You need stop building all trucks and suv's, people just don't want them, and they are gas hogs. You guys need to build really small hybrid cars that 5 adults can't fit into, and families might have to take two prius type cars on vacation...one for the five family members, and the other for all the luggage. 40mpg divided by two is...20mpg. Hey wait we have all these vehicles that will fit all of the family members and the luggage and get 20mpg...they are called trucks and suv's! People do actually need them. Politicians aren't businessmen, they don't have experience running companies. Some are lawyers, but their only job is to say NO. They are not innovators and they do not create jobs! I don't want to take a 7$ an hour pay cut and still have the government running and ruining things! We are in SERIOUS trouble people. We need to break the parity pattern in the contract and let Ford and Obama know that we already conceded many thing in our contracts, but no more. If Ford doesn't take the bridgeloan money, we should have the right to stay at our current wage, even if the other two companies are paying much less. We need a lot of help on this..a little luck and a boatload of common sense! I really hope we pull through this!

Wayne ISA Stamping will lose a few jobs on the next launch(hoods and doors along with the sub-assemblys) to Dearborn,

I heard today that it was determined that DSP didn't have the extra press capacity to take all of this work on, and the hood will be made at Woodhaven.

My ex works at LSC.

I was hoping it would close.

Only an asshole would write something like that!!!!! you need to see a shrink!!! I hope nobody looses their job, even your cross eyed ass. this is the problem, to many assholes like you out here hoping for bad things to happen to other UAW people and their families. You should be ashamed of yourself, and we can all see why your wife dumped your ass after a comment like that. (oh ya I hear it already I dumped her sorry ass, whatever asshole)

Edited by Monroe B Gone

I heard today that it was determined that DSP didn't have the extra press capacity to take all of this work on, and the hood will be made at Woodhaven.

whatever, pour some concrete over the holes upstairs and you would have about 3/4 million square feet of empty space. you could land a 747 in DSP and not hit a sole as it is now.

Wage concessions (if negotiated) by the UAW and company will be set according to your Ford seniority. If your a new hire you might come in at $16 per hour, if you have less then 10 years in your pay will be diffrent. Don't look for flat wage concessions across the board. And if the UAW sees you talking about this on the Forums you better believe they will give up wages, so can we stop talking about this please. No one knows what the UAW will do in the future, we just gave up 10k worth of money each year. I don't think they are about to get another "yes" vote, and I'd actually like to see the results of the last vote to tell you the truth.. I hope there are some lawyers out there challenging that "yes" vote we just passed, cause many people I talk to say they voted "no" on it, so how the hell could it have passed?

We know what the new pay scale for second tier hires will be -- $14.32 an hour. You guys need to build really small hybrid cars that 5 adults can't fit into, and families might have to take two prius type cars on vacation...one for the five family members, and the other for all the luggage.

What families will be able to afford to go on vacation? To say nothing of the fact that hybrid cars cost alot more.

Well I guess we can toss the tourism industry in the shitter also!

Only an asshole would write something like that!!!!! you need to see a shrink!!! I hope nobody looses their job, even your cross eyed ass. this is the problem, to many assholes like you out here hoping for bad things to happen to other UAW people and their families. You should be ashamed of yourself, and we can all see why your wife dumped your ass after a comment like that. (oh ya I hear it already I dumped her sorry ass, whatever asshole)

You're right. I am an asshole. And, she did dump me.

Best decision she ever made for me. ;)

whatever, pour some concrete over the holes upstairs and you would have about 3/4 million square feet of empty space. you could land a 747 in DSP and not hit a sole as it is now.

You can fill the press floor in with whatever you want, but it will still be missing one important thing. More presses.

The four presses left in there can only run so fast. There isn't enough production capacity, according to one of the engineers. Rumor is, they want to buy another Schuler but they don't have the money for it right now.

i'll be in that rich section so guess your right i'm not screwed..ford stock is going to make me rich..

Ford stock has made me $$$$$$$ I bought 30,000 shares at 1.81 a share now its over $4 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by fordworker