AAI going on 4 10's

Die Wahrheit

Fourth week in May AAI is reportedly going to 4 days 10 hours. B shift will start at 6pm. The plant will not be doing 2 weeks on 2 off. This is coming from Jeff Carrier. They are cutting close to 200 more jobs from trim and final this week. Good luck AAI workers times are getting tough.

Does this mean I can finally go to the promised land of Saline ACH?

Good luck 4-10's sucks...then your off for a couple weeks then... bam 10 hours ugh it sucks I feel for ya all.

enjoy the 4 10's I really like it, every weekend is a 3 day weekend. It takes a little while to adjust to it but in the long haul it pays off. 1 less day of driving to and from work plus the half hour of unpaid lunch you save time every week.

Fourth week in May AAI is reportedly going to 4 days 10 hours. B shift will start at 6pm. The plant will not be doing 2 weeks on 2 off. This is coming from Jeff Carrier. They are cutting close to 200 more jobs from trim and final this week. Good luck AAI workers times are getting tough.

If they cut 200 from trim and send people to Saline will they have enough people to run 2 shifts? Do they want to?

If they cut 200 from trim and send people to Saline will they have enough people to run 2 shifts? Do they want to?

Jeff Carrier stated " It will cost too much to start a shift back up after eliminating one, so this is the very last resort". And of course the economy stills plays a big role in that.

Not only is the cost too much to restart a shift, if sales pick up at all, you couldn't hit production numbers. You would have to raise line speeds again and bring in more workers to cover the new stations. Die Wahrheit, when did Jeff Carrier say this about no 2 on/ 2 off ? Other management as of yesterday were still saying we were doing that. By the way they are cutting 200 total jobs from the plant, not in trim and final. There aren't even 200 work stations anymore in trim. Most units in trim are losing 4 stations. They are reducing in all departments. The jobs lost due to 40jph is supposed to even out with the Saline transfers leaving in May. DaveyB-- good luck going to the 'promised land" of Saline. Pray for us who are riding the storm out at AAI.

Not only is the cost too much to restart a shift, if sales pick up at all, you couldn't hit production numbers. You would have to raise line speeds again and bring in more workers to cover the new stations. Die Wahrheit, when did Jeff Carrier say this about no 2 on/ 2 off ? Other management as of yesterday were still saying we were doing that. By the way they are cutting 200 total jobs from the plant, not in trim and final. There aren't even 200 work stations anymore in trim. Most units in trim are losing 4 stations. They are reducing in all departments. The jobs lost due to 40jph is supposed to even out with the Saline transfers leaving in May. DaveyB-- good luck going to the 'promised land" of Saline. Pray for us who are riding the storm out at AAI.

Yes you are correct about 200 jobs from the plant. I misspoke. Gary sommerville also confirmed that we would not be doin 2 on 2 off, he said that if we did that it would count against our sub weeks because the plant would be doing this to prevent from going to one shift. He did mention that after the plant went to 10 4 that it doesn't mean the plant is safe from going to one shift.

Die Wahrheit, unfortunately we haven't been safe for a long time. One shift is a very too likely reality. I"ve been telling our workers for awhile that 2 on/ 2 off would start our sub week countdown, because they already have at Dearborn truck (rotating weeks off to prevent going from 3 down to 2 shifts). 4 10's probably won't save us, only improved sales will. If Gary S. confirmed it, then they finally made a decision about it. They have been debating it for a few months. We are in BIG trouble!

:redcard: To Management at AAI***Saline waiting for transfers***Either Shit or get off the POT***

If sales picked up and line speeds increased wouldn't that mean the the AAI transfers to Saline would be called back??? That's the way I read it.

I don't think they would be hiring new workers. This seems to be the new way things work. Ford workers just move from plant to plant where ever the need is the greatest... what ever is selling you just sign up to go there.

If sales picked up and line speeds increased wouldn't that mean the the AAI transfers to Saline would be called back??? That's the way I read it.

I don't think they would be hiring new workers. This seems to be the new way things work. Ford workers just move from plant to plant where ever the need is the greatest... what ever is selling you just sign up to go there.

Well, it is one company. That's the way it works at MichCon and a lot of other companies. I don't see the big deal. Company seniority should rule.

Well, it is one company. That's the way it works at MichCon and a lot of other companies. I don't see the big deal. Company seniority should rule.

I don't see a problem with it either.. I think it's great that we are now being given the opportunity to transfer to different locations

I talked to Gary Sommerville yesterday at the Union local bowling tourn. at Parkway Lanes. He said the Saline transfers are going on May 18th, but 4-10's and 40 jph are STILL being negotiated. They both should happen in late May, but Mazda is still pissed at Ford and are causing problems. Gary said he was glad that unlike Mazda, (who wants 1 shift) Ford wants 2 shifts in case sales pick up. The cost of restarting a 2nd shift is very high, and the plant couldn't keep up with a higher number of orders on 1 shift 40jph.(even with overtime) Mazda WANTS 1 shift and will not let any new workers come in. I believe that Ford will put off going down to 1 shift for as long as possible, but unless sales pick up, there's no way to justify having 2 shifts when we are only making 130,000 cars a year. (full capacity is around 310,000 cars) I wish they would get these issues settled, so we know where we stand. The bigger problem we are facing is the upcoming pay cut that Ford will ask us to take after GM & Chrysler cut their pay.

I talked to Gary Sommerville yesterday at the Union local bowling tourn. at Parkway Lanes. He said the Saline transfers are going on May 18th, but 4-10's and 40 jph are STILL being negotiated. They both should happen in late May, but Mazda is still pissed at Ford and are causing problems. Gary said he was glad that unlike Mazda, (who wants 1 shift) Ford wants 2 shifts in case sales pick up. The cost of restarting a 2nd shift is very high, and the plant couldn't keep up with a higher number of orders on 1 shift 40jph.(even with overtime) Mazda WANTS 1 shift and will not let any new workers come in. I believe that Ford will put off going down to 1 shift for as long as possible, but unless sales pick up, there's no way to justify having 2 shifts when we are only making 130,000 cars a year. (full capacity is around 310,000 cars) I wish they would get these issues settled, so we know where we stand. The bigger problem we are facing is the upcoming pay cut that Ford will ask us to take after GM & Chrysler cut their pay.

we already gave a pay cut! they should have done a better job of that 2 months ago! sales will pick up again! nature of the beast!

The pay cut issue will not be a problem.........It will pass cause if it don't FORD will threaten to close plants and take plants to 1 shift....But if it passes we get more promises like we just got.......FORD will promise us the world but once everything is passed we are going to be hung out to dry and the UAW will no longer be around!!!

SORRY! the pay cut is a large problem! done giving back long term concessions for short term problem! AINT HAPPENING!