Ford Canada why settle for the Chrysler/CAW deal?

xstapr

GM Canada sets the pattern bargaining at $7/ hour worth of concessions.

Chrysler does not follow the pattern and getting $19/ hour concessions.

Chrysler workers ratify agreement by 87%.

Ford Canada seeing this should refuse to agree to the Chrysler pattern and

ask for more. Now is the time.

Looks to me like there is still money on the table.

Looking at the numbers $31/hour worth of concessions should still get an agreement

with workers by 56%.(could be even higher depending on how fiery Kens speech will be)

Don't forget we are in a race to the bottom.

GM Canada sets the pattern bargaining at $7/ hour worth of concessions.

Chrysler does not follow the pattern and getting $19/ hour concessions.

Chrysler workers ratify agreement by 87%.

Ford Canada seeing this should refuse to agree to the Chrysler pattern and

ask for more. Now is the time.

Looks to me like there is still money on the table.

Looking at the numbers $31/hour worth of concessions should still get an agreement

with workers by 56%.(could be even higher depending on how fiery Kens speech will be)

Don't forget we are in a race to the bottom.

Why open the contract?

The pattern is broken, not just broken but smashed.

Will St.Thomas and Windsor get new work?

Will they come back for more?

Mgmt. must be loving this.

Chrysler screams no patterns, patterns are done! The Union says ok. The other 2 scream a pattern is a pattern. The Union says ok.... Um...no.

GM will have to acceppt it. We don't. If Windsor has more people layed off, than working and STAP has no future...why would these workers take a hit now with nothing to gain in the future? OAC may be the polar opposite, if only OAC,Dearborn and maybe KC are turning a profit for Ford presently, We can say no to opening a contract..even if it be for entirely different reasons than STAP and Windsor.

This should be an entirely private negotiation between a private sector Company and private sector employee's. Clement the biased/paid off media and the haters in the general public have no bussines in this because Ford has not asked for a cent from taxpayers. So fk off Clement and cronies and go after your next target, whether it be postal workers,teachers,libriarians or whomever your next target for public slander may be.

Mr. Lewenza: I don't envy your job, but yet another 1 year extension for STAP is not going to cut it this time. You have to negotiate a trigger mechanism in the deal where at some point cola or profit sharing kicks back in..and even then good luck.

Chrysler screams no patterns, patterns are done! The Union says ok. The other 2 scream a pattern is a pattern. The Union says ok.... Um...no.

GM will have to acceppt it. We don't. If Windsor has more people layed off, than working and STAP has no future...why would these workers take a hit now with nothing to gain in the future? OAC may be the polar opposite, if only OAC,Dearborn and maybe KC are turning a profit for Ford presently, We can say no to opening a contract..even if it be for entirely different reasons than STAP and Windsor.

This should be an entirely private negotiation between a private sector Company and private sector employee's. Clement the biased/paid off media and the haters in the general public have no bussines in this because Ford has not asked for a cent from taxpayers. So fk off Clement and cronies and go after your next target, whether it be postal workers,teachers,libriarians or whomever your next target for public slander may be.

Mr. Lewenza: I don't envy your job, but yet another 1 year extension for STAP is not going to cut it this time. You have to negotiate a trigger mechanism in the deal where at some point cola or profit sharing kicks back in..and even then good luck.

Just a thought

The new deal was to qualify for government money. The other condition was that 20% of NA production remain in Canada. Can OAC make 20% of Ford's production, I don't think so. Does this deal mean new work for St. Thomas or Windsor? This deal would make Canadian operations much cheaper than US plants (for now!). If St. Thomas was saved by this deal, all the no voters would have to rethink their votes. St. Thomas and Windsor saved us (OAC) after the OTP closing and we can not just think of ourselves at ratification. Still waiting to see the highlight sheets. Want the 20% guarantee in writing

Edited by bobsyouruncle

Last time I checked getting it in "Writing" meant nothing, because these contracts are always filled with escape clauses. Should Chrysler still file chap 11 than essentially the agreement just voted on becomes null and void. Here's a question though if either of the two file Chap 11 and emerge from it broken up into smaller car companies would they be Unionized or not?

Just a thought

The new deal was to qualify for government money. The other condition was that 20% of NA production remain in Canada. Can OAC make 20% of Ford's production, I don't think so. Does this deal mean new work for St. Thomas or Windsor? This deal would make Canadian operations much cheaper than US plants (for now!). If St. Thomas was saved by this deal, all the no voters would have to rethink their votes. St. Thomas and Windsor saved us (OAC) after the OTP closing and we can not just think of ourselves at ratification. Still waiting to see the highlight sheets. Want the 20% guarantee in writing

This was posted in another topic....

The 20% figure for Canada's share of the NA market has been thrown around lately. I expect you will hear at some point that Ford has agreed to keep 20% of its north american production in Canada and the union will try to sell that to us as a product guarantee for STAP. Do the math, 9 million is a high end forecast for total sales this year, 13% of that (being optimistic here) is Fords share of the market or 1,170,000 and 20% of Fords market share equals 234,000 or 1 plant at full production. If this is the way they sell it to us I guess my only question would be .."Does OAC know its closing?" sarcasm

This was posted in another topic....

The 20% figure for Canada's share of the NA market has been thrown around lately. I expect you will hear at some point that Ford has agreed to keep 20% of its north american production in Canada and the union will try to sell that to us as a product guarantee for STAP. Do the math, 9 million is a high end forecast for total sales this year, 13% of that (being optimistic here) is Fords share of the market or 1,170,000 and 20% of Fords market share equals 234,000 or 1 plant at full production. If this is the way they sell it to us I guess my only question would be .."Does OAC know its closing?" sarcasm

I was thinking of all production, i.e. transmissions, engines etc etc.

20% by $ amount, 20% by job or as you think 20% of final production all change the future for Canadian operations.

Lots of questions, hopefully we get some answers soon. Any luck finding the Highlight Sheets anyone?

Edited by bobsyouruncle

Just a thought

Nobody saved OAP. You don't think Ford had plans to make OAC years before the truck plant closed. Flexible manufacturing was in the works long before the truck plant closed at the oakville site.

Nobody saved OAP. You don't think Ford had plans to make OAC years before the truck plant closed. Flexible manufacturing was in the works long before the truck plant closed at the oakville site.

Maybe, maybe not. But I do know they were willing to stand up for us and we owe them the same.

I have posted the highlights in a new topic for everyone to read!