Transmissions

SCOOTNAP

I live about 1 mile from NAP and all weekend long we saw inspectors driving the trucks and flooring them up and down the main drag. Alot of my neighbors are complaining about it to us like we have some way of stopping it. :shrug:

Do you think they are really OK?

I live about 1 mile from NAP and all weekend long we saw inspectors driving the trucks and flooring them up and down the main drag. Alot of my neighbors are complaining about it to us like we have some way of stopping it. :shrug:

Just another reason I am glad I am not in the market for a ford truck!!

Ford needs more people with your attitude :pig: :pig: NOT!!

just calls them like I sees them!!! You folks here better hope not to many prospective buyers read this post, suspect they will change brands if they do???IMO

just calls them like I sees them!!! You folks here better hope not to many prospective buyers read this post, suspect they will change brands if they do???IMO

Lets hope they do read these posts to see that the people who Build these cars want them to be of the highest quality, and the lowest defects.

So Ford had trouble with a part that they get from ANOTHER company . They do the right thing, halt production, rather then making crap and fixing it later, or recalling it . They are still villified ?? Please tell us what would have been the best route to take in this whole deal .

Hopefully you didnt mean your not in the market for a Ford vehicle altogether . Dont want a well built , best selling truck from Ford ? Thats fine , but look at the whole picture . Think about it, Just because the news leads with the story "Ford in trouble again " Doesnt mean its so . Believe it or not the News doesnt always tell the truth, or the whole story . Articles are written by people who put their own slant on it. Right now there are almost none of the so called "experts" who think Ford is on the right track . Doesnt mean they are right .

I doubt seriously if they fixed a thing so they run the fuck out of them off the line to see how many they can break!! :fan:

The defect causes the box to fail within the first 10 miles on the odometer (!). Probably what you saw was a policy of getting that 10 miles on the box before it gets on the truck/train.... As to why they were "running the fuck out of them", well boys will be boys and they do have production pressure. Your negative attitude about a simple and elegant final quality check is alarming. The method the plant chose to insure that the defective part didn't reach the consumer was simple, effective, and cheap. Isn't that what we're supposed to be striving for? I am truely sorry that you are a disgruntled employee :baby:

My general foreman said the problem was a part that was supplied by another company to our transmission plants ... of course she won't say the company's name, but she DID say that they will probably go under over this fiasco.

The defect causes the box to fail within the first 10 miles on the odometer (!). Probably what you saw was a policy of getting that 10 miles on the box before it gets on the truck/train.... As to why they were "running the fuck out of them", well boys will be boys and they do have production pressure. Your negative attitude about a simple and elegant final quality check is alarming. The method the plant chose to insure that the defective part didn't reach the consumer was simple, effective, and cheap. Isn't that what we're supposed to be striving for? I am truely sorry that you are a disgruntled employee :baby:

First I am not a disgruntles employee I am a disgrunteled customer of over 40yrs and yes they did do the right thing by stopping production but you don't take a new truck and run the shit out of it to make sure it is OK but you are right that is the cheap way!!!! FYI I have suffered through the firestone tires, cruise control issue, 5.4 spark plugs blowing out and now 5.4 plugs that won't come out and my friend just got rid of his 04 6.0 powerstroke after 3 turbos and 1 egr problem and bought a dodge after I talked him into buying a ford so I do have a bit of history with ford quality :shrug:

One of my buddies in the garage at OHAP said the problem was in shifting between 1st and 2nd so they had to go about 20mph then go up to 45mph and up to 60 then back to 45. They did this on interstate 90 here on Saturday. He told me they got the finger from a LOT of drivers!!! :banghead: I'm just glad they did what needed to be done to make sure nothing defective is shipped. He also said there are a ton more that have to be tested.

One of my buddies in the garage at OHAP said the problem was in shifting between 1st and 2nd so they had to go about 20mph then go up to 45mph and up to 60 then back to 45. They did this on interstate 90 here on Saturday. He told me they got the finger from a LOT of drivers!!! :banghead: I'm just glad they did what needed to be done to make sure nothing defective is shipped. He also said there are a ton more that have to be tested.

Sounds wonderful ford is on the leading edge of technology when it comes to testing!!! :fan:

Just another reason I am glad I am not in the market for a ford truck!!

really? maybe if they had done this with my Mach 1 before i got it , i wouldn't have had to deal with a broken axle ... I'd rather they test it and put 1-200 miles on it and fix the problem , so i don't have to.