Even more Edge spy shots.

Ford’s popular Edge crossover is due for its first major refresh and we have the spy photos to prove it. The heavily revised Edge should surface sometime in 2010 as a 2011 model. The Edge’s platform mate — the Lincoln MKX — is also expected to see similar changes for the 2011 model year.

It’s seems like the Edge may be getting a tougher look for ‘11 model year. Underneath the camouflage, we can see two bars running across the grill that look more truck-like than the current model. There might be a third bar buried under there as well. New projector headlights and a lower fascia that resembles the 2010 Fusion Sport are also visible.

More here:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-edge-2011.html

Ford sure is having a lot of product coming out for the 2011 Model Year: Fiesta, Focus, Explorer, Edge update, MKX update, Mercury version of Focus...and possibly others. But the Edge could be very nice. The interior was only okay, and the update should improve that. I also hope they shaved off a 100 punds or more. So we know it will get the 3.5 V6 EcoBoost (as a ST or Sport model?) and I would bet the MKX would get the 3.7V6 as standard (since it is being put in the MKT at the same factory). But I hope the Edge gets the 2.0/2.5 I4 EcoBoost that is going into the Explorer, making 260-275hp. Eventually, it could also get the 1.6I4 EcoBoost making 200hp, to combat the I4 Toyota Venza. Can't wait for the reveal. I would imagine the Fiesta will debut in LA, and the Explorer and Focus in Detroit...so LA, NY, or Chicago for the Edge I would imagine.

Ford sure is having a lot of product coming out for the 2011 Model Year: Fiesta, Focus, Explorer, Edge update, MKX update, Mercury version of Focus...and possibly others. But the Edge could be very nice. The interior was only okay, and the update should improve that. I also hope they shaved off a 100 punds or more. So we know it will get the 3.5 V6 EcoBoost (as a ST or Sport model?) and I would bet the MKX would get the 3.7V6 as standard (since it is being put in the MKT at the same factory). But I hope the Edge gets the 2.0/2.5 I4 EcoBoost that is going into the Explorer, making 260-275hp. Eventually, it could also get the 1.6I4 EcoBoost making 200hp, to combat the I4 Toyota Venza. Can't wait for the reveal. I would imagine the Fiesta will debut in LA, and the Explorer and Focus in Detroit...so LA, NY, or Chicago for the Edge I would imagine.

I like the edge and it looks like taurus headlights. Does anyone know if ford got the ptu leaking issues resolved?

I dunno....something bothers me......I'm for whatever reasong getting the impression that it'll look like a Venza at the front, especially now with the projectors. I certainly hope I'm wrong, though and that it's just the camo doing it's job.