Only DOHC 4V engines

Guest Sixcav

Ford is not a Japanesse company. The Japanesse are not the pinnacle of automotive design. They do things their way, we do things ours.

Hello,

All Ford engines should be DOHC 4V engines only. All engines in Japanese cars have them.

Umm....Honda's V6's are SOHC, and they are considered amongst the "Best" in the industry. Honda also has several SOHC 4 cylinders.

4-valve is great in certain applications. It's worse in others. a DOHC 4-valve engine typically has less low-end torque than a SOHC design of the same displacement and configuration.

I think SOHC 3V is a good start. In fact, get rid of the the current 2V modulars still been buit.

I think all the engines should eventually be SOHC 4V and DOHC 5V. From what I figure, it is the best of both worlds regarding overall power and availability.

As well, you got Variable length intake, Variable cam and valve timing (I am a bit confused if there is a difference. Need more data) for intake and exaust.

Finally, Direct injection for gas of course.

How is the 'Camless Valvetrain' coming along? Anything new about that?