dtp post bids at saline and sheldon road

forty88n

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saline people why so many transfers? u guys working overtime? signed up today for saline hope it last awile.

[/quo\

Some overtime availibe. But nothing major. I think they are cleaning out the rest of the ACH/Visteon employee's. They also had some people back out of transferring to Saline. I've been here since March, and it's a nice place to work. Management has a case of Im in charge syndrome, but the blue boys and girls will have them in check shortly!!!

Do you know how long the postings are up for? I am on A crew got a call today saying that we needed to sign up by 5pm June 23rd in labor we are off the next 2 weeks layoff then 1 week shutdown. Probably the reason we got called at home.

[/quo

What is the schedule at dearborn....I putthat as my top preference, is there still a "C" crew swing shift with he two week days then two week night then two week off??...............Also whats this about them running down ur sub benefits on those down weeks?

On ILO right now and just wantingto get back to work. You on 4-10's ?.....u get a decent shift premium?

any info would be great...thanks

Ill tell you all right now. The jobs at SRP suck. Its not like it used to be . All the temps do whatever they are told , unquestioningly . That has screwed up the job standards pretty good.

If you should get a decent job then you have to deal with the Foreman. Most foreman and management are complete assholes . They will mess with you any way they can .

If you get in with good seniority you will have dibs on a few good jobs. Cycle checkers , Hilo , maybe a few others . But if you are stuck in production on a line . I just cant take it any more myself .

I am hearing good things about Saline as far as good jobs. Unless you hate your job now, dont plan on it getting better at SRP . I wish you all luck .

Ill tell you all right now. The jobs at SRP suck. Its not like it used to be . All the temps do whatever they are told , unquestioningly . That has screwed up the job standards pretty good.

If you should get a decent job then you have to deal with the Foreman. Most foreman and management are complete assholes . They will mess with you any way they can .

If you get in with good seniority you will have dibs on a few good jobs. Cycle checkers , Hilo , maybe a few others . But if you are stuck in production on a line . I just cant take it any more myself .

I am hearing good things about Saline as far as good jobs. Unless you hate your job now, dont plan on it getting better at SRP . I wish you all luck .

I used to work at srp took a transfer to one of the hvc and I have to say it,s one of the top 3 mistakes i have made in my life(lol) just trying to fine a way out of were i,m at saw the srp post and was wondering what was going on

I used to work at srp took a transfer to one of the hvc and I have to say it,s one of the top 3 mistakes i have made in my life(lol) just trying to fine a way out of were i,m at saw the srp post and was wondering what was going on

You wouldnt be Jimmy Lee at the Memphis HVC by any chance ??

Its going to take a little time for management to get used to a workforce that demands respect. Standards are screwed up but it still may be better than chasing cars/trucks all day long. Most who flowed out only did it cuz we were closed by end of 2008(See how that went). Saline is still the top Country Club from what I hear. And what are you gonna do Bill S SRP ? Quit ??

Good luck the average senority signing up at WAP is 1988,all will come from there

We also have a posting at our plant for DTP, i thought it was kind of weird , its only for laid off people .... but we have 1999 laid off here and will be bumping less people at DTP , labor said all that sign up will go.. kind of crazy

Edited by mtp.cares

what do you mean by bumping less people at dtp?

I am currently laid off from WAP I was told there are only 50 openings at DTP not saying the previous post is incorrect since stories seems to change by the hour however the story I heard was DTP was short on manpower that's why they are posting 50 openings. Havent heard anything about bumping anyone from DTP. On the WAP side there are late 2000-2002 folks laid off. As for ISA truthfully I have no idea what senority is laid off. When you have low senority there is always a target on your back. Hope this helps stay tuned!!!!

Right now c-crew does not have enough employees to run, they brought in people from a-crew this week and still had problems running. Quality is in the toilet right now with c-crew and they have a big attendance problem on this shift and to top it off they screw up our pay every time. The last paycheck majority of people got they paid 6 1/2 hrs overtime too much so the next check we get that will be deducted from it....that place ran like shit all week.

B-Crew worked 10.7 hours for 3 days to make up for C-Crew's bad numbers....

you say it like it is C Crew workers's fault... did we screw up the ip's sequencing....it isn't operator's fault so watch how you word things.

it isn't our fault when things break down and things aren't in stock

you say it like it is C Crew workers's fault... did we screw up the ip's sequencing....it isn't operator's fault so watch how you word things.

it isn't our fault when things break down and things aren't in stock

I can look at it like that but people looking in don't... regardless of that, c-crew still runs like shit....I can't see it lasting much longer, majority of people don't like working days and nights every 2 weeks.

Good luck the average senority signing up at WAP is 1988,all will come from there

We also have a posting at our plant for DTP, i thought it was kind of weird , its only for laid off people .... but we have 1999 laid off here and will be bumping less people at DTP , labor said all that sign up will go.. kind of crazy

Average senority are signing up to go which plant Saline or Sheldon Rd?? Edited by TAC511