Chicago Assembly Plant 2010 Taurus Job 1 ?

Shoman594

How many shifts are you running at CAP? I heard that you only have one shift building the Taurus at this time. If this is true do you have a large number of people on TLO? Thanks for the info..

We are on one shift right now and there is 100 people at the most on TLO.

We are on one shift right now and there is 100 people at the most on TLO.

I heard a rumor the other day that they are going to transfer the "C" shift from DTP to CAP so they can add another shift at CAP. Like I said it was just a rumor but it does make since if they are not going to go back to 3-crew at DTP. I guess maybe they are waiting to see what the nuew Taurus sales are like. Anybody from DTP or CAP heard anything like this? Good luck to all.

I heard a rumor the other day that they are going to transfer the "C" shift from DTP to CAP so they can add another shift at CAP. Like I said it was just a rumor but it does make since if they are not going to go back to 3-crew at DTP. I guess maybe they are waiting to see what the nuew Taurus sales are like. Anybody from DTP or CAP heard anything like this? Good luck to all.

no rumor at cap about that

How's the build going? Any problems crop up during assembly that are requiring special treatment or fixes? Anyone know when they'll start shipping Taurus and SHO's since I'm assuming they're doing a "build and hold" for quality reasons.

I'm planning on a SHO just as soon as my dealer gets one (hoping early/mid August). Keep up the good work and I look forward to adding another fine Ford car to my stable.

Edited by Carson Lomax

That Taurus looks awesome. You guys need to keep up the good work

I saw one on the road yesterday, had dealer plates. I want one.

anyone know how much they will be?

it probraly had manufacture plates since no taurus has been delivered yet

ford.com and you can buuild and price one

How's the build going? Any problems crop up during assembly that are requiring special treatment or fixes? Anyone know when they'll start shipping Taurus and SHO's since I'm assuming they're doing a "build and hold" for quality reasons.

I'm planning on a SHO just as soon as my dealer gets one (hoping early/mid August). Keep up the good work and I look forward to adding another fine Ford car to my stable.

the build is going good some problems from the suppliers, had to send back 7 truck loads of ip's due to a too shinny finish

• 2 months later...

Test drove a Taurus SEL at the end of August. What a great car! I went ahead and placed an order for an SHO the next day. VIN 1FAHP2KT0AG117139 and is scheduled to be built October 5th (my seven year wedding anniversary...what a coincidence). If you guys and gals could keep a sharp eye out, I'd appreciate it. Candy red metallic with optional 20" wheels.

Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait to get my SHO!