How long from Job 1 date to arrival at dealer ?

aisa38

Hi There !!

Just ordered my new 2010 Escape on July 1st . I have received info. from the dealer that the vin # has already been assigned and

the build date is 8/3/09. Does anyone know about how long does it take until the vehicle actually hits the dealer ?

Hi There !!

Just ordered my new 2010 Escape on July 1st . I have received info. from the dealer that the vin # has already been assigned and

the build date is 8/3/09. Does anyone know about how long does it take until the vehicle actually hits the dealer ?

Once the vehicle is produced and released for shipping, the average shipping time is 10-14 days which will vary depending on your Dealer's distance from the plant. As such, you should expect to see yor vehicle arrive at your dealership probably during the week of August 17th-21st but certainly before the end of the month. Dealers get a "Daily Status Report" from Ford each morning which updates the status of every vehicle scheduled and in process for their Dealership. Vehicles remain on the Daily Status Report each day until there is no change in status for 3 days and then the vehicle drops off the daily report. As soon as the vehicle's status changes (Locked-In, Bucked, Produced, etc) it will again re-appear on the daily report. The Daily Status Report has been the traditional report that Dealers have relied on for scheduled vehicle information updates.

More than a year ago, Ford introduced a new "Vehicle Visibility" tracking report available to Dealers. This report is not perfect but provides "real time" updates for any vehicle's staus change. Ford recently sent Ford Dealers a brochure and DVD outlining details of further vehicle ordering and tracking enhancements that are being introduced now for a few vehicle lines and will be expanded to all vehicle lines over the next 1-1.5 years. The end result will be a totally new vehicle ordering system that will replace the current CONCEPS system in 2011.

Hope that this information helps answer your question. Unfortunately, not all Dealers are good at providing updates to their customers that have vehicles on order. If your Dealer is proactive, they'll provide you with updates so that you'll know better what your vehicle's ETA is at the dealership so that you'll be able to pick it up as soon as it arrives and is prepped and cleaned for delivery.

Thank you for buying a Ford and please keep us informed!

Hi There !!

Hopefully, for your sake, you ordered your FEH from a LARGE dealer that does much business with FoMoCo. Ford caters special orders using the "good ol' boy" system. The dealers that do more business with Ford get their special orders first, while the small, family owned, hometown dealers get the bottom of the barrel, last in line scraps. If your delaer is drinking whiskey and wine during golf trips and cruises with the Ford Reps, you will get your FEH relatively quickly.

I have ordered two FEH's from Ford and learned this lesson the hard way. Hence, I won't be ordering a third vehicle from Ford..... ever.

I do wish you the best in getting your Ford and here are a few important tips you should consider following.

Get everything in writing when ordering your FEH.

Check with ALL dealers within a 100 mile radius for the vehicle you want BEFORE you order yours.

While waiting for your FEH, CONTINUE to check with all dealers wthin a 100 mile radius for the exact same model as you ordered.

If the wait becomes extensive, or if you find your ordered FEH at another local dealer, talk directly to the OWNER of the dealership where you placed your order.

Finally, if your ordering dealer wont work with you to get/find the FEH you want, buy it somewhere else.

(While my FEH was on order for 6 months, a big boy dealer had ordered the same one for his STOCK (a month after me) and his was sitting on the showroom floor while my dealer was still jerking me around).

When I found the FEH I had ordered in stock at the big boy dealer, my ordering dealer refused to trade/swap with the big boy dealer and told me I was obligated to WAIT for my order...

Yeah right!, I bought directly from the big boy dealer for the same price...

Lesson learned, what a great way for Ford to keep their customers happy and coming back for future purchases!

09FEH

Hopefully, for your sake, you ordered your FEH from a LARGE dealer that does much business with FoMoCo. Ford caters special orders using the "good ol' boy" system. The dealers that do more business with Ford get their special orders first, while the small, family owned, hometown dealers get the bottom of the barrel, last in line scraps. If your delaer is drinking whiskey and wine during golf trips and cruises with the Ford Reps, you will get your FEH relatively quickly.

I have ordered two FEH's from Ford and learned this lesson the hard way. Hence, I won't be ordering a third vehicle from Ford..... ever.

I do wish you the best in getting your Ford and here are a few important tips you should consider following.

Get everything in writing when ordering your FEH.

Check with ALL dealers within a 100 mile radius for the vehicle you want BEFORE you order yours.

While waiting for your FEH, CONTINUE to check with all dealers wthin a 100 mile radius for the exact same model as you ordered.

If the wait becomes extensive, or if you find your ordered FEH at another local dealer, talk directly to the OWNER of the dealership where you placed your order.

Finally, if your ordering dealer wont work with you to get/find the FEH you want, buy it somewhere else.

(While my FEH was on order for 6 months, a big boy dealer had ordered the same one for his STOCK (a month after me) and his was sitting on the showroom floor while my dealer was still jerking me around).

When I found the FEH I had ordered in stock at the big boy dealer, my ordering dealer refused to trade/swap with the big boy dealer and told me I was obligated to WAIT for my order...

Yeah right!, I bought directly from the big boy dealer for the same price...

Lesson learned, what a great way for Ford to keep their customers happy and coming back for future purchases!

09FEH

The OP didn't specify a FEH at all.

Ice-capades,

First off, Thank you for the very informative answer... I truly appreciate it. Being a Ford owner is " in my blood " . My Father retired from Ford and I have other relatives that still work there. I have always been proud to drive any of the vehicles I have had over the years ... and also very proud to say that my family works for Ford. Thank you for helping keep America working and strong !!

To 09FEH, I am truly sorry that you have had a bad experience with your FEH .

Ice-capades,

First off, Thank you for the very informative answer... I truly appreciate it. Being a Ford owner is " in my blood " . My Father retired from Ford and I have other relatives that still work there. I have always been proud to drive any of the vehicles I have had over the years ... and also very proud to say that my family works for Ford. Thank you for helping keep America working and strong !!

To 09FEH, I am truly sorry that you have had a bad experience with your FEH .

Bill, just replace FEH with FE if it makes you feel any better??

aisa, you don't have to be sorry about my experience, I hope yours is much better! :)

Hopefully the tips help if you do happen to need them.

09FE(h)

Bill, just replace FEH with FE if it makes you feel any better??

aisa, you don't have to be sorry about my experience, I hope yours is much better! :)

Hopefully the tips help if you do happen to need them.

09FE(h)

You can't compare trying to purchase/order a FEH to a FE!

You aren't suggesting that Ford's favoritism and unequal dealership servicing is limited to one model of one vehicle....are you???

No, I'm suggesting that since fewer are produced, they are harder to find and dealers can get a bit greedy.

No, I'm suggesting that since fewer are produced, they are harder to find and dealers can get a bit greedy.

I completely agree with wptski. Those of us that ordered last year and dealt with the longer timelines on the FEH are forgetting a few items. First that, as wptski stated, this is a vehicle that has a relatively low production level compared to the gas version that is built on the same line. Second, the 2009 model had some significant upgrades to previous models that drove the demand up. Third, last year the gas prices were higher thus driving the demand for hybrid vehicles even higher. As such, the dealerships were definitely playing cut throat in some areas for the FEH. That does not mean that 09feh does not have some significant gripes on how the dealerships are handled but I am not sure who really is to blame for that process. I ordered mine from a small, country dealer and did not have any real issues with my vehicle. From what I recall, those us that ordered and waited the longest last year actually ordered prior to production ever starting. Thus the wait from order date to the production line actually starting does not count. I ordered mine a few months before production started when the order line was opened up. Once production began I had my vehicle in about 2 months. That was okay in my book.

I completely agree with wptski. Those of us that ordered last year and dealt with the longer timelines on the FEH are forgetting a few items. First that, as wptski stated, this is a vehicle that has a relatively low production level compared to the gas version that is built on the same line. Second, the 2009 model had some significant upgrades to previous models that drove the demand up. Third, last year the gas prices were higher thus driving the demand for hybrid vehicles even higher. As such, the dealerships were definitely playing cut throat in some areas for the FEH. That does not mean that 09feh does not have some significant gripes on how the dealerships are handled but I am not sure who really is to blame for that process. I ordered mine from a small, country dealer and did not have any real issues with my vehicle. From what I recall, those us that ordered and waited the longest last year actually ordered prior to production ever starting. Thus the wait from order date to the production line actually starting does not count. I ordered mine a few months before production started when the order line was opened up. Once production began I had my vehicle in about 2 months. That was okay in my book.

I really had no problem waiting at all. I was fine with waiting, until I discovered that the exact same vehicle model, color and all had been ordered and delivered to a big boy dealer, well after my order went in. That was when I started doing some reasearch about the whole issue.

The kick in the nuts was that the big-boy dealer had ordered theirs for STOCK!

I had already sold my 08 and was patiently waiting for the 09.

When you type about who's fault it is..well it's 100% Ford Motor Company's fault for allowing the allocation to become skewed. Of course a dealer is going to take whatever he can get even if it steps on another dealer's toes.. The problem was that Ford let it happen KNOWINGLY and they let it happen in many more cases than just mine.

Ford's next failure was at the dealership level. This was when the dealer I ordered from refused to do a swap for the truck I had found on the dealership showroom floor. The 09 I ordered would have been my third vehicle purchase from this dealer in less than 4 years. This falls right into the American manufactured car dealer's attitude that put them right where they are today. I hope they made plenty on my other two purchases from them, because they will never see another penny from me. Will they survive without my money? of course. Can any dealer afford to lose too many customers this way? NO. It's a shame I'll drive an extra 20 miles to have my vehicles serviced somewhere else just out of spite.

You gotta wonder if the owner of these businesses even considers the long term effects of letting their staff piss customers off to this extent? nah, they don't need every customer they can get right?

The kicker isn't losing this one customer, it's how many other potential customers I can tell.

09feh

Hi There !!

I ordered a 2009 FEH last July (about the 10th). I picked it up at the dealership on September 12th. As I recall the plant was shut down those last two weeks of July last year, so I figure roughly 6 weeks from order to delivery, which is what the salesman told me (6-8 weeks).

Good luck. I think it worth the wait.

Edited by Hook686