fox news video

To believe, or not to believe? Again this a personal choice. No one can, or should, be able to tell anyone they are right or wrong in reference to their own personal faiths. When all is said and done, and our lives are over, all that is left is the story that is told. Did we make our world better?, did we try?, could we have tried harder?, history will be the judge of that. And I still say she is a fanatic with no regard for other peoples feelings in a time of supreme loss. Is she breaking a law by doing so? NO, Does she have a right to voice her opinion? Yes. Could she have gotten some class, respect, and dignity and voiced her opinion at a time a tad bit more merciful to the families of lost loved ones, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!! But she chose to exercise her rights otherwise. Everyone out there who has a faith is not a zealous nut case, nor is every person of faith a person who is willing to put it on the line at risk of ridicule and contempt. But I leave with this: If there is no positive outlook, no hope of a better future to look forward to beyond this life here on earth, then we are all wasting our time just being alive. I do not share this sentiment. That is not in my hopes and dreams package. I will see my loved ones again one day, and I hope they will not say: "what was all the scalding diatribe at the graveside by those self proclaimed ambassadors of God about".

Dude,I don't want to get all up in your grill and declare a jihad,but the fact is that most of humanity has beleived in a supreme being ,and has been reaching out to connect since the very beginning.You might not choose to-that's your right.But do give us a break on your airs of superiority because you have put your faith in atheism.Thats like somebody coming into this forum and saying that if you don't beleive the way they do,you are an idiot.

Now would that be right?

Peace out. :speedie:

You're right, and I am sorry. I don't want to come across as a pompous ass. And I don't think everyone who is religious is a "nut". I am just tired of people doing things "in the name of god". Killing for your "god". Not allowing equal rights to gays and lesbians because of your "god". Hating other faiths because of your "god". Not wanting to allow a rape victim an abortion because of your "god".

I believe in equal rights and opportunities for all. And I have yet to see a religion that does not think that they are better than some other, or their views are right, whilst another's is wrong. I would just like to see a society were everyone takes responsibility for their own actions and beliefs. If you "sin", don't apologize to a priest, learn from your mistakes, and don't do it again. When you get married, it's a decision between you and your spouse, "god" doesn't need to see over it, only the two of you can make it work.

And weather there is an after life or not. People would probably make a lot more of their short lives on this planet if they didn't think they where going to a better place after they die. So once again, I'm sorry to offend any good hearted people, but just think about your religious beliefs. If they deny another human any basic rights, or they lead you to believe that you are better than someone else, well, that just doesn't seem right.

But I leave with this: If there is no positive outlook, no hope of a better future to look forward to beyond this life here on earth, then we are all wasting our time just being alive.

You won't know for sure if there is an after life until you die, and that may be too late to realize it may not be there. So instead of thinking we may be wasting our lives if we don't believe, Make the absolute most of your time while you are here. Enjoy your family, have good friends, travel the world and live life to the fullest. You are the only one who can control your destiny, and remember the death rate of human kind is still 100%. :D

By "wacko thinking", do you mean people who think there is an invisible being in the sky who is controlling what is going on, on this planet. Or people who thank said invisible being for the food that they worked hard to provide for their family. Or are they the people that go to a "house of worship" to talk to said invisible being once a week, and ask for forgiveness for the sins they would not have committed had they truly believed in a higher being in the first place. I'd personally like a list of the churches that do not promote "wacko thinking", I have a feeling it is a very short list!

what i mean by wacko thinking is where you life is all about how sinners are going to hell and we need to get in your face to tell you this, this "lady" needs a friggin life and show some respect for the dead. If she can't or won't understand then the Patroit Guard needs to give an education lesson PDQ. Her "church" consists of mainly her family and a few others totally about 100.

what i mean by wacko thinking is where you life is all about how sinners are going to hell and we need to get in your face to tell you this, this "lady" needs a friggin life and show some respect for the dead. If she can't or won't understand then the Patroit Guard needs to give an education lesson PDQ. Her "church" consists of mainly her family and a few others totally about 100.

oh ny the way, since when did she corner the market on lecturing to us sinners anyway, why does anyone even bother to give her the time of day?

You're right, and I am sorry. I don't want to come across as a pompous ass. And I don't think everyone who is religious is a "nut". I am just tired of people doing things "in the name of god". Killing for your "god". Not allowing equal rights to gays and lesbians because of your "god". Hating other faiths because of your "god". Not wanting to allow a rape victim an abortion because of your "god".

I believe in equal rights and opportunities for all. And I have yet to see a religion that does not think that they are better than some other, or their views are right, whilst another's is wrong. I would just like to see a society were everyone takes responsibility for their own actions and beliefs. If you "sin", don't apologize to a priest, learn from your mistakes, and don't do it again. When you get married, it's a decision between you and your spouse, "god" doesn't need to see over it, only the two of you can make it work.

And weather there is an after life or not. People would probably make a lot more of their short lives on this planet if they didn't think they where going to a better place after they die. So once again, I'm sorry to offend any good hearted people, but just think about your religious beliefs. If they deny another human any basic rights, or they lead you to believe that you are better than someone else, well, that just doesn't seem right.

Cha-ching, OAC!

God is just dog spelled backwards. :bandance:

I just want to have a front row ticket at the Great White Throne Judgement when they meet God....then they will understand the meaning of that word she loved to throw around..."wrath"

The saddest part were the little kids holding those signs....like Sean and Alan said the very military that they are protesting against have fought and died protecting their right to be sick, warped, disturbed people....

GOD BLESS AMERICA....! It could only happen here !

Amen! I feel that I'm pretty much a fundamentalist in my beliefs, BUT, I know that Jesus ate and drank with the sinners at the cost of being ridiculed and persecuted by RELIGIOUS leaders. Those folks don't have a clue as to what the Bible is all about. Not only is homosexuality a sin, but so are all the others such as...

29 They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, disputes, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful.

Romans 1:29-31 (HCSB)

and

5 Therefore, put to death whatever in you is worldly: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, God’s wrath comes on the disobedient, 7 and you once walked in these things when you were living in them. 8 But now you must also put away all the following: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and filthy language from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his practices 10 and have put on the new man, who is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of his Creator. 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free; but Christ is all and in all.

Col 3:5-11 (HCSB)

and

3 Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, making her stand in the center. 4 “Teacher,†they said to Him, “this woman was caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do You say?†6 They asked this to trap Him, in order that they might have evidence to accuse Him.

Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with His finger. 7 When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, “The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her.â€

8 Then He stooped down again and continued writing on the ground. 9 When they heard this, they left one by one, starting with the older men. Only He was left, with the woman in the center. 10 When Jesus stood up, He said to her, “ Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?â€

11 “No one, Lord,†she answered.

“Neither do I condemn you,†said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin any more.â€]

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.â€

John 8:3-12 (HCSB)

In other words, "Chiggity check yourself, before you riggity wreck yourself!"

Amen! I feel that I'm pretty much a fundamentalist in my beliefs, BUT, I know that Jesus ate and drank with the sinners at the cost of being ridiculed and persecuted by RELIGIOUS leaders. Those folks don't have a clue as to what the Bible is all about. Not only is homosexuality a sin, but so are all the others such as...

29 They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, disputes, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful.

Romans 1:29-31 (HCSB)

and

5 Therefore, put to death whatever in you is worldly: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, God’s wrath comes on the disobedient, 7 and you once walked in these things when you were living in them. 8 But now you must also put away all the following: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and filthy language from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his practices 10 and have put on the new man, who is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of his Creator. 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free; but Christ is all and in all.

Col 3:5-11 (HCSB)

and

3 Then the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, making her stand in the center. 4 “Teacher,†they said to Him, “this woman was caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do You say?†6 They asked this to trap Him, in order that they might have evidence to accuse Him.

Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with His finger. 7 When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, “The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her.â€

8 Then He stooped down again and continued writing on the ground. 9 When they heard this, they left one by one, starting with the older men. Only He was left, with the woman in the center. 10 When Jesus stood up, He said to her, “ Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?â€

11 “No one, Lord,†she answered.

“Neither do I condemn you,†said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin any more.â€]

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.â€

John 8:3-12 (HCSB)

In other words, "Chiggity check yourself, before you riggity wreck yourself!"

Do you have your own thoughts, or do you just quote scripture from books other people wrote?

Develop your own thoughts through reading, traveling, interacting with others and learning. Don't spend your life quoting other peoples thoughts. Just because someone wrote a book which has since been titled "The Bible" doesn't mean it is a true story.

Do you have your own thoughts, or do you just quote scripture from books other people wrote?

Develop your own thoughts through reading, traveling, interacting with others and learning. Don't spend your life quoting other peoples thoughts. Just because someone wrote a book which has since been titled "The Bible" doesn't mean it is a true story.

Faith cannot be difined by human language.

When interacting with others as you say even most non-believers accept the notion of the "Golden Rule"

is a very good way to do so and live your life.

Where does the "Golden Rule" come from.....?

This is not the venue to talk to someone about their beliefs, that must be done 1 on 1 face to face.

You may be at a point in your life where you are questioning your beliefs....that is a "still quiet voice"( God) trying to tell you something and waiting for your response whether it be now or 30 years from now He will still be waiting for your response because He loves you more than our human minds can comprehend.

God is infinately patient and HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.

I hope you find that which you seek in Him.

Then you will understand.

Peace

I appreciate you saying that but I do have my own thoughts and I have surrounding me such a diverse group of people with all different outlooks in many different views, but in my life I was drawn into the teachings and the writings of Yaweh and Jesus and the Apostles, not brainwashed, not coerced, but experienced.

Those folks THINK that they are standing on biblical teaching and I was just trying to show what the Word says about them. Sin is sin is sin. ALL can be forgiven regardless the sin. Disrespecting those that are fighting and dying in this war, regardless of the reasons the United States is there , they don't need to be made the scapegoats or billboards for someones political agenda or religious stance.

By them saying that the US is being judged because of the sin of homosexuality is utterly stupid. Adultery is a sin; we need judgement for that also. Greed is a sin; judgement. They or me or anyone else has no right to pick and choose by which sin judgement takes place.

Faith cannot be difined by human language.

When interacting with others as you say even most non-believers accept the notion of the "Golden Rule"

is a very good way to do so and live your life.

Where does the "Golden Rule" come from.....?

This is not the venue to talk to someone about their beliefs, that must be done 1 on 1 face to face.

You may be at a point in your life where you are questioning your beliefs....that is a "still quiet voice"( God) trying to tell you something and waiting for your response whether it be now or 30 years from now He will still be waiting for your response because He loves you more than our human minds can comprehend.

God is infinately patient and HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.

I hope you find that which you seek in Him.

Then you will understand.

Peace

I appreciate your sentiment, and mean no ill will towards you or anyone else. I will not understand your point of view, and from your response, I can see that the feeling is mutual. Just make sure you put some of your "faith" upon yourself, and enjoy your stay here, because I don't want you disappointed if your beliefs turn out to be false. Remember: If you want to change something in your life, "YOU" have to change something in your life.

I appreciate you saying that but I do have my own thoughts and I have surrounding me such a diverse group of people with all different outlooks in many different views, but in my life I was drawn into the teachings and the writings of Yaweh and Jesus and the Apostles, not brainwashed, not coerced, but experienced.

Those folks THINK that they are standing on biblical teaching and I was just trying to show what the Word says about them. Sin is sin is sin. ALL can be forgiven regardless the sin. Disrespecting those that are fighting and dying in this war, regardless of the reasons the United States is there , they don't need to be made the scapegoats or billboards for someones political agenda or religious stance.

By them saying that the US is being judged because of the sin of homosexuality is utterly stupid. Adultery is a sin; we need judgement for that also. Greed is a sin; judgement. They or me or anyone else has no right to pick and choose by which sin judgement takes place.

Well, I guess we will agree to disagree about our beliefs.

But I'm sure that we can both agree that these people are disrespectful, and quite frankly, a few sandwiches short of a picnic, if you know what i mean.

Take it easy!

• 4 weeks later...
Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes interview Shirley Phelps Roper, whose father is the idiot who organizes protests at funerals of soldiers.

she is messed up :finger:video

I think this woman should be given to the families of some of the fallen soldiers. They might be able to use her for fertilizer, not sure.....

While researching her sick 'church' (known online as godhatesfags.com) I did find the following info copied from Wikipedia interesting:

"The compound also includes a garage separate from the houses, which is used to store an extended cab/extended bed Ford F-150 pickup truck used to transport Westboro's picketers around Topeka and elsewhere. It can seat between seven and ten people and carries dozens of picket signs in the back; until recently, the truck was painted neon colors to resemble one of Westboro's picket signs and was emblazoned with Westboro's well-known phrase "GOD HATES FAGS" (in recent years it was either repainted to resemble a standard factory paint job, or a new Ford was obtained). Until 2000, Phelps Sr. had written off the cost of maintaining the garage and the vehicle's fuel costs as church expenses; that year the IRS ruled that Phelps Sr. was using the truck for political and personal purposes, not religious, and revoked the tax exemption on the truck and garage."

LOL.......maybe some of you gay boys should call your gay Ford board member and tell them not to sell F-150's to gay bashers!!! The fact these morons drive a Ford is a fitting tribute to all you gay activists who want to legitimize your sick lifestyles though government processes.

Sincerely,

Kracker