Shelby gets rent-a-racer program rolling through Ford and Hertz

robertlane

Ooops - Robert I posted these pics in another forum here too. I know I was the second customer to rent a Shelby but, first person to rent the following car. It is awesome, and boy does it get the looks. Thought I would post a few pics. I rented the car for a day in Las Vegas on 5/12.

Also, FYI - They don't rent to locals, at least right now. We had to produce airline tickets to prove it.

post-22951-1147659088_thumb.jpg

post-22951-1147659112_thumb.jpg

post-22951-1147659149_thumb.jpg

post-22951-1147659179_thumb.jpg

Edited by awakeinAZ

I know I was the second customer to rent a Shelby but, first person to rent the following car. It is awesome, and boy does it get the looks. Thought I would post a few pics. I rented the car for a day in Las Vegas on 5/12.

Hey, maybe I'll rent the same car. I'm gonna be in Vegas in September & I'm currently talking with Hertz to make sure a Hertz Mustang will be available when I'm there. Pretty expensive, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, what do they charge per day to rent a Shelby?

Hi there, sorry for the delay. I didn't see your question. In Vegas, they add a huge tax/concession/airport/tourist fee so, it was $415.00 for a day. The base rate is 299, at least in Vegas. I heard Phoenix will be much cheaper.

Edited by awakeinAZ

Hi there, sorry for the delay. I didn't see your question. In Vegas, they add a huge tax/concession/airpot/tourist fee so, it was $415.00 for a day. The base rate is 299, at least in Vegas. I heard Phoenix will be much cheaper.

It's not even a real Shelby and Hertz is doing like some Ford dealers with an ungodly fee. You can rent a loaded Navigator or Jaguar for less than half that amount!

It's not even a real Shelby and Hertz is doing like some Ford dealers with an ungodly fee. You can rent a loaded Navigator or Jaguar for less than half that amount!

LOL- No disagreement, there must be some marketing guru somewhere that decided it was worthly of that price!

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, what do they charge per day to rent a Shelby?

Well, I just received my final quote & confirmation the car will be available the day I'm there. Base price is $189.99, but once tax & other fees are aded in, a 24 hour rental is gonna cost me $253.50. I don't know if I want to spend that much for one stinkin' day. Two days is $509!!! That's more than the monthly payment on my Bullitt.

Rate Details for Quote at top of page

Selected Vehicle

Shelby GT-H - FUN /

Compact Special Auto Trans Air Con

Total Approximate Charges 253.50 USD

Base amount

Daily: 1 Day at 189.99 USD

75 FREE Miles Included Per Daily Rental .39 EXTRA MI USD per Extra Mile

Rate Code:

LDUS

Additional Items (included in Approximate Total Charges)

TAX 9.75 %

Airport concession fee recovery 10.00 %

GOVERNMENTAL SERVICES FEE & RECOVERY SURCHARGE: 10.00 %

Customer Facility Charge: 3.00 USD

Rate is guaranteed.

Total Approximate Charges

253.50 USD

Optional Items (not included in quote)

Rates for Optional Items are exclusive of tax and other associated charges

Liability Insurance Supplement

11.95 USD Per Day

Loss Damage Waiver

15.00 USD Per Day

Personal Accident Insurance / Personal Effects Coverage

5.50 USD Per Day

This information will also be displayed on your confirmation page.

Return to top

OK, that price is a ripoff for a 'Stang with some stripes and a CAI. I don't care if it is signed by CS or not.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz.... for that kind of money I think I would rent one of those Vipers they have on the lots off the Strip.

Hertz can :kissass: for that kind of money.