ESCAPE MISFIRE

force2401

Have an 03...3.0 v6 thats throwin a cyl 6 misfire code and a misfire at 1000 rpm test...tHIS ONLY HAPPENS AFTER IT SITS FOR A LIL WHILE THEN IT MISSES AT STARTUP FOR ABOUT 15-20 SECS THEN ITS GONE..Ive replaced cyl 6 coil and plug,no fix...swapped 5 and 6 coils and the miss sticks with 6....This things IS KILLING ME!!!Also when its doin the miss thing it smells rich...also cleaned the injectors..HELP!!!!!

Have an 03...3.0 v6 thats throwin a cyl 6 misfire code and a misfire at 1000 rpm test...tHIS ONLY HAPPENS AFTER IT SITS FOR A LIL WHILE THEN IT MISSES AT STARTUP FOR ABOUT 15-20 SECS THEN ITS GONE..Ive replaced cyl 6 coil and plug,no fix...swapped 5 and 6 coils and the miss sticks with 6....This things IS KILLING ME!!!Also when its doin the miss thing it smells rich...also cleaned the injectors..HELP!!!!!

Sounds like you have a defective injector. Get yourself a new or used injetor along with some new O rings. It's the only way to know for sure. I have just had the same problem with a Chrysler product.

i have access to a snap on scanner (solus) i checked the injector faults at startup and they all seem ok...it does show engine misses though..like i said after 15 secs its gone

Read up on "current ramping" of coil packs and fuel injectors. You could have a wiring harness or PCM problem.

Edited by wptski

Runnig diagnostics through the OBD will only get you so far. We have a Snap-On Ethos, Vantage and Modis. Typically you need to monitor voltages directly at the injector and not through the OBD port (Vantage). If you have the Solus Pro...you should be able to do this. Look in its trouble shooting section. The original Solus may only be a scanner similar to the Ethos with very limited capabilities beyond code reading.