SiCKO

Well at least you didn't let me down......both you and Furious have resorted to name calling......happens everytime you start to lose an argument on an intellectual level....you know like "stupid"...."cheap"..."arrogant"......"did Rush write it?"..all the usual comebacks

Sorry to hear about your nephew, but there is medicaid for those scenarios......

no sure if you can find a news sight on the internet but you might want to rethink your statement about conservatives losing power....remember Brown in Mass....took a senate seat held by dems for 60 years...and then there are the 2 recently elected Republican governor from Va. and NJ.....and if you look at the polling it shows the conservative may take back the senate and the house...so I'm not real sure where you get this notion about losing power

you didn't answer my question about helping a family without H/C....

You have a lot of nerve for this last piece. You say we resort to name calling yet you are the one insulting everyone with your "OK I'll write slow "crap.

I did not answer your question because it does not deserve an answer.

Polling now is way to early to tell what is going to happen. The economy improves the dems win. We shall see.

As far as my nephew goes medaid does not pay for birthing. You need to learn for what ever reason everyone is not in our situation with benefits. Having a "fuck them" attitude is not the answer. Life deals different people different things and some people will need assistance to get by. That is just the way it is. You have been fortunate in your life not to need any as have I. But that does not ease me of my social and religous responsibliity to help my fellow man.

Edited by partsisparts

Well at least you didn't let me down......both you and Furious have resorted to name calling......happens everytime you start to lose an argument on an intellectual level....you know like "stupid"...."cheap"..."arrogant"......"did Rush write it?"..all the usual comebacks

Sorry to hear about your nephew, but there is medicaid for those scenarios......

no sure if you can find a news sight on the internet but you might want to rethink your statement about conservatives losing power....remember Brown in Mass....took a senate seat held by dems for 60 years...and then there are the 2 recently elected Republican governor from Va. and NJ.....and if you look at the polling it shows the conservative may take back the senate and the house...so I'm not real sure where you get this notion about losing power

you didn't answer my question about helping a family without H/C....

If the shoe fits wear it. How else do you describe a person that doesn't see the obvious even when it is pointed out to them. I prefer to think that I'm concerned whether or not their will be anything left to cover my medical expenses when I get older, the VEBA will be bankrupt, or at least impotent by the time I hit retirement age. Nap you may only have a few years left to live, but when your gone other people are still going to need the same things you are "entitled" to.

You have a lot of nerve for this last piece. You say we resort to name calling yet you are the one insulting everyone with your "OK I'll write slow "crap.

I did not answer your question because it does not deserve an answer.

Polling now is way to early to tell what is going to happen. The economy improves the dems win. We shall see.

As far as my nephew goes medaid does not pay for birthing. You need to learn for what ever reason everyone is not in our situation with benefits. Having a "fuck them" attitude is not the answer. Life deals different people different things and some people will need assistance to get by. That is just the way it is. You have been fortunate in your life not to need any as have I. But that does not ease me of my social and religous responsibliity to help my fellow man.

I don't have a "fuck them" attitude...I give to several charities every year, volunteer at the food bank and am involve in raising monies for breast cancer research....the key words here are "give and volunteer"....that makes it my choice, not the gov taking my money and paying for someone elses H/C....H/C is NOT a right........it's a privilage......if it were a right, it would be in the Constitution...

why do you say I have been fortunate?.....you can know my circumstances....as I don't know yours

tell me what area you live in and I'll find a family without H/C and you can send them some money...

I don't have a "fuck them" attitude...I give to several charities every year, volunteer at the food bank and am involve in raising monies for breast cancer research....the key words here are "give and volunteer"....that makes it my choice, not the gov taking my money and paying for someone elses H/C....H/C is NOT a right........it's a privilage......if it were a right, it would be in the Constitution...

why do you say I have been fortunate?.....you can know my circumstances....as I don't know yours

tell me what area you live in and I'll find a family without H/C and you can send them some money...

How do you like your new VEBA funded medical coverage?

Not crazy about it...but since I have few medical problems....no problem...I saw it coming and planned for it......

I hate to say it, but you are FOS. Health care reform is needed or there are going to be more and more people without coverage including the autoworkers. You are so stuck on the Republican talking points that you are not even worth the effort of discussing this issue.

Not crazy about it...but since I have few medical problems....no problem...I saw it coming and planned for it......

My girlfriend's grandfather took a hit, just one of his prescriptions that is not covered under the new plan will cost him $400.00 monthly that use to be covered under the old plan, not to mention his coverage for care fell to 80/20 down from 100% and doesn't kick in till after a $340 deductible is satisfied. The man has a heart condition, he cannot just discontinue his care. Unlike you, he and many other retirees are starting to get socked with bills that use to be covered. As of day one ot the union taking over your medical benefit plan, the VEBA committee changed the coverage levels. If noting is done to curb the cost of healthcare inflation, then what will your medical plan look like in ten years. Isn't it cheaper for you to pay a 5% tax versus, having to pay 7 or 10% of your income coming directly out of your wallet? It is one thing to make a statement, but another to hold your ground out of principle to stop something that you would benefit from. Also if you only have another 15 years to live what exactly are you losing, you are already secure right? Do you think that 5% is going to buy you something that you don't already own? Odds are you already have everything you want, am I wrong?

It is a matter of choosing your battles, and knowing when there is even a need to fight. Your time would be better served engaging in debate to change trade policy, and to help bring back work to the U.S.

I hate to say it, but you are FOS. Health care reform is needed or there are going to be more and more people without coverage including the autoworkers. You are so stuck on the Republican talking points that you are not even worth the effort of discussing this issue.

Hey man, what is FOS?

Edited by Furious1Auto

My girlfriend's grandfather took a hit, just one of his prescriptions that is not covered under the new plan will cost him $400.00 monthly that use to be covered under the old plan, not to mention his coverage for care fell to 80/20 down from 100% and doesn't kick in till after a $340 deductible is satisfied. The man has a heart condition, he cannot just discontinue his care. Unlike you, he and many other retirees are starting to get socked with bills that use to be covered. As of day one ot the union taking over your medical benefit plan, the VEBA committee changed the coverage levels. If noting is done to curb the cost of healthcare inflation, then what will your medical plan look like in ten years. Isn't it cheaper for you to pay a 5% tax versus, having to pay 7 or 10% of your income coming directly out of your wallet? It is one thing to make a statement, but another to hold your ground out of principle to stop something that you would benefit from. Also if you only have another 15 years to live what exactly are you losing, you are already secure right? Do you think that 5% is going to buy you something that you don't already own? Odds are you already have everything you want, am I wrong?

It is a matter of choosing your battles, and knowing when there is even a need to fight. Your time would be better served engaging in debate to change trade policy, and to help bring back work to the U.S.

Hey man, what is FOS?

Full of Shit.

Those of us who hired on to the auto industry twenty or more years ago made a good choice. Those who hired on since then made a bad choice. We have no way to control and are not to blame for the way the world is going. It is all the fault of government. Government is sucking too much of our resourses, leaving the people with less and less. Manufacturing is fleeing. Changing political parties does not work. We need to tear down the government institutions that are sucking us dry. Instead, what the younger generation wants to do is add more, such as government health care. Things will only get worse until they wake up.

I am calling BS on this post. If you did all this charity work you would be for helping the poor and the have nots.

Also in this country, the greatest country in the world, health care should be a right, not a privilage. The constitution can be amended. There are plenty of countries in the world where health care is a right. There is one state in this country with universal health care and the residents love it.

"not worth discussing this issue".....that's probably a good decision on your part , you're really not that good.....all you have are all the usual comebacks....like "Republican talking points....heard it Fox news or heard it on Hannity"......not very challenging to say to least...bye...

I am calling BS on this post. If you did all this charity work you would be for helping the poor and the have nots.

Also in this country, the greatest country in the world, health care should be a right, not a privilage. The constitution can be amended. There are plenty of countries in the world where health care is a right. There is one state in this country with universal health care and the residents love it.

So what else should be a right?....maybe everyone should have a car, you know so they can take advantage of the free H/C........or internet so they can google their specific medical problem.....or cable TV so they can watch Dr. Oz and better understand their medical conditions...or how about homes for all the homeless people..........where does it stop.....and who pays for all of this.....

So what else should be a right?....maybe everyone should have a car, you know so they can take advantage of the free H/C........or internet so they can google their specific medical problem.....or cable TV so they can watch Dr. Oz and better understand their medical conditions...or how about homes for all the homeless people..........where does it stop.....and who pays for all of this.....

It don't stop. We should just live in a dream world where everyone has everything.

I also think that the government should make having a TV and cable a right(and pay for it for everyone) so everyone can watch CSPAN and prez speeches. They should be HD also because it was the government that made HD mandatory.

We also need to add food to that. Just like some need healthcare to live we all need food to live

Edited by fmccap

Everything that you mentioned other then peoples health they can live without, to include being homeless! I have a slew of videos where medical facilities have dumped people onto the streets that still needed care and could not afford to pay. Here is one!

VIDEO LINK!

Here is another!

This is not an isolated incident!

People living in Canada know the truth, and you should also!

VIDEO LINK!

Edited by Furious1Auto

To the contrary, things will continue to get worse if nothing is done to change the trend!

That is right. Your only problem is that you can't see the trend. The trend has been for more and more government involvement. It hasn't worked so far. What you and the Obamites want to do is pull out all of the stops and really let the government go to town. This was tried in the USSR. The USSR collapsed. To change the trend, you have to start eliminating government and cutting taxes, and stop trying to fix everything. It has to heal on it's own. If you have a blanket with a frayed edge, just leave it. If you rip a piece off the blanket to fix the fray, then rip a piece off another part to fix that rip and rip another piece off to fix that one, after a while, the blanket is a much worse mess than it was with just the small frayed edge. Now the Western world is in such a mess from trying to make it perfect that we are on the verge of collapse just like the USSR. The status quo is unsustainable, and is being maintained by accumulating more and more debt. Soon, something has to give. If we go for more government, we become a Totalitarian state with no freedoms. If we eliminate government, there will be a period of chaos and violence, but we will have freedom, and a chance to build a better system.

Right.... and you do charity work.

You are trivialising one of our countries biggest problems. 45000 people die every year from lack of health care. 60000 people die in car crashes and every year the govt mandates more safety features to prevent them Why not do the same for the sick? Think about it.

That is right. Your only problem is that you can't see the trend. The trend has been for more and more government involvement. It hasn't worked so far. What you and the Obamites want to do is pull out all of the stops and really let the government go to town. This was tried in the USSR. The USSR collapsed. To change the trend, you have to start eliminating government and cutting taxes, and stop trying to fix everything. It has to heal on it's own. If you have a blanket with a frayed edge, just leave it. If you rip a piece off the blanket to fix the fray, then rip a piece off another part to fix that rip and rip another piece off to fix that one, after a while, the blanket is a much worse mess than it was with just the small frayed edge. Now the Western world is in such a mess from trying to make it perfect that we are on the verge of collapse just like the USSR. The status quo is unsustainable, and is being maintained by accumulating more and more debt. Soon, something has to give. If we go for more government, we become a Totalitarian state with no freedoms. If we eliminate government, there will be a period of chaos and violence, but we will have freedom, and a chance to build a better system.

Sounds like you are suggesting a conventional revolution, are you nuts. You will never see Americans picking up arms against the government, you would be labeled a terrorist and thrown in jail for trying to start a malicia! This ain't a movie (Braveheart) and you aren't William Wallace! ( Mel Gibson) You are suggesting we fight an army with unmaned armed drone planes, tanks, and assault rifles to take back control of our country. Didn't work for the Iraqis, or the Afgans. What are we gonna do throw MP3 players, and video games at their tanks? If we are to regain control of our government then it will have to be through social networking, and wielding the power of our vote.

But first, you are Canadian, and you have no say in our political matters. Should we create an uprising just cause you think it is warranted? Hell the majority of the people in your country don't even agree with your position on universal healthcare, why should we even care what your position is on any of our proposed policies? It wouldn't effect you either way. Trim do you just come here to rant, because no one were you live will even listen? Hell the people I talk to on a regular bases all agree, and support healthcare reform. The only ones I have talked to that don't, work in the medical field, and are on a mission to preserve what they have.

Sounds like you are suggesting a conventional revolution, are you nuts. You will never see Americans picking up arms against the government, you would be labeled a terrorist and thrown in jail for trying to start a malicia!

Makes you wonder why they made those laws, doesn't it?

This ain't a movie (Braveheart) and you aren't William Wallace! ( Mel Gibson) You are suggesting we fight an army with unmaned armed drone planes, tanks, and assault rifles to take back control of our country. Didn't work for the Iraqis, or the Afgans. What are we gonna do throw MP3 players, and video games at their tanks?

Think about how outnumbered they would be?

Or did it work for them? This is the same army you are talking about us not being able to defeat but take a look at what they have done. How many years has this army been in those two countries with no definative victory? We are still there with no exit in sight.

If we are to regain control of our government then it will have to be through social networking, and wielding the power of our vote.

Hopefully the power of the vote is starting to be realized. Early poll rating for incumbants is at a historic low right now.

Voters Madder Than Ever; 63% Say Better If Congress Not Reelected; Can Republicans Retake The House?

Makes you wonder why they made those laws, doesn't it?

Think about how outnumbered they would be?

Or did it work for them? This is the same army you are talking about us not being able to defeat but take a look at what they have done. How many years has this army been in those two countries with no definative victory? We are still there with no exit in sight.

Hopefully the power of the vote is starting to be realized. Early poll rating for incumbants is at a historic low right now.

Voters Madder Than Ever; 63% Say Better If Congress Not Reelected; Can Republicans Retake The House?

Our problem at this point is the old hat, the generation that votes is not the generation that gets involved in online social networking, time will change that. The internet lobby is already gaining momentum, and in the future will be a political powerhouse. The politicians know this, and that is why there is a race to buy up sites like YouTube so the uploaded content can be censored. As it is, it took me an hour to find those patient dumping video, because what was once readily available on their site, has been removed by it's moderators. When I first found them, the videos were all over YouTube.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Right.... and you do charity work.

You are trivialising one of our countries biggest problems. 45000 people die every year from lack of health care. 60000 people die in car crashes and every year the govt mandates more safety features to prevent them Why not do the same for the sick? Think about it.

Let me help you again.....

Myth: The 40 million to 50 million uninsured cannot afford health insurance.

Fact: More than 17 million of the uninsured make at least $50,000 per year (the median household income of $50,233) – 8.4 million make $50,000 to $74,999 per year and 9.1 million make $75,000 or higher. Two economists working at the National Bureau of Economic Research concluded that 25 to 75 percent of those who do not purchase health insurance coverage “could afford to do so.”

So you want be to fund insurance for people like this that can afford H/C but chose not to?

Have you found a family to support yet?

So you want be to fund insurance for people like this that can afford H/C but chose not to?

Yes, because those people involuntarily contributing to the systems funding will lower the cost per capita to those who voluntarily purchase healthcare insurance!

You and I both will be paying for our newly reformed health care system. I don't have to search for some family to provide it to, I will pay the difference in my income tax the same as you, and people who need it. While those who already purchase insurance will see a reduction in their premiums!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yes, because those people involuntarily contributing to the systems funding will lower the cost per capita to those who voluntarily purchase healthcare insurance!

You and I both will be paying for our newly reformed health care system. I don't have to search for some family to provide it to, I will pay the difference in my income tax the same as you, an people who need it, will get it!

I wouldn't count on this happening if I were you....the majority of Americans are against it........as a nation we just can't afford it......this is the pipe dream of the socialist left...to fix the ills of every down-trodden group that comes along with their hand out.....

Have you found a family to support yet?

Where does your "source" come up with this information? 25-75 % ? That's a little vague don't ya think?

Edited by partsisparts