Sandusky openings

kojak

Does anyone have any information on the openings in Sandusky? I signed a temporary bid to go there, just wanted to know why these jobs are open, and what hours they are working. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sandusky ACH has laid off their temporary employees to absorb some of the ILO'd Ford employees as a show of good faith. The posting is open to all of Ohio. Last I knew there is 334 ILO'd Blue employees in Ohio, and only 152 positions available at Sandusky. You will have to have seniority to go, but I don't know what seniority range will make the cut. These are the numbers I was given, but they may be inaccurate by a few points.

Not to sound like I'm trying to correct anyone, but there are 173 ILO's in Ohio (98 from Sharonville alone). The bidding was open to all in Ohio, working, TLO'd or ILO'd.

Sandusky was slated to close in 2012 but no one knows for sure.

You can read the original posting from UAW Local 2000's web site:

Sandusky Bid Posting

Now for a retiree's take on this:

Although I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but this should have only been for those on ILO rather than anyone in Ohio. Those on ILO already are facing losing their SUB and are now going into TAP (This is where you thank your republican senators). On the other hand, I understand why those at OHAP, Cleveland Casting, Maumee Stamping or LIMA would choose to go back to Sandusky. Ride out a few years off the assembly lines. I'd probably do the same. But, we need to get our ILO's back to work and this would have done the trick for them.

Let the flaming begin!

BTV to SHV

Not to sound like I'm trying to correct anyone, but there are 173 ILO's in Ohio (98 from Sharonville alone). The bidding was open to all in Ohio, working, TLO'd or ILO'd.

Sandusky Bid Posting

Although I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but this should have only been for those on ILO rather than anyone in Ohio. Those on ILO already are facing losing their SUB and are now going into TAP (This is where you thank your republican senators). On the other hand, I understand why those at OHAP, Cleveland Casting, Maumee Stamping or LIMA would choose to go back to Sandusky. Ride out a few years off the assembly lines. I'd probably do the same. But, we need to get our ILO's back to work and this would have done the trick for them.

Let the flaming begin!

BTV to SHV

Our numbers weren't that far off, 334 ILO'd-TLO'd in Ohio, 178 was the number I got from OHAP. (that was obviously off by, a couple, a few) Of the 334 in Ohio, some were from Walton Hills, Sharonville, and other Ohio facilities. However there was also around 65 needed at BP also. I do know that some of the members of local 2000 did take a temporary assignment at BP already.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Sandusky Bid Posting

Let the flaming begin!

BTV to SHV

How can you blame the republicans for this....we have a dominate majority....this and the loss of benefits for the GM and Chrysler retirees is due to the majority party...we have the numbers...Place the blame where it belongs...don't fall into that trap that it is the other guys fault.... TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

Sandusky ACH has laid off their temporary employees to absorb some of the ILO'd Ford employees as a show of good faith. The posting is open to all of Ohio. Last I knew there is 334 ILO'd Blue employees in Ohio, and only 152 positions available at Sandusky. You will have to have seniority to go, but I don't know what seniority range will make the cut. These are the numbers I was given, but they may be inaccurate by a few points.

Thanks for all the info so far, does anyone know what days and hours Sandusky is working? We have been getting all different reports, we've heard everything from 5 8hour days to 4 10hour days to 6 10hour days. Just tryin to get a feel for what we are jumping into. Thanks all.

Thanks for all the info so far, does anyone know what days and hours Sandusky is working? We have been getting all different reports, we've heard everything from 5 8hour days to 4 10hour days to 6 10hour days. Just tryin to get a feel for what we are jumping into. Thanks all.

Sandusky is generally working on a 8hr - 5 days a week schedule. It all depends what part of the plant you will be placed in. There is overtime available in certain areas. And there are three different shifts. As far as the overtime is concerned I'm sure that will disappear eventually now that the "Cash for Clunkers" is over. The reason I know all this is because I have close buddies still employed in Sandusky. Good Luck out there!! It's good work. :happy feet:

Edited by G-solo