Avon Lake Plant Closing 2012?

4everblue

KC is not closing, it will be one of the last NA locations to go if there is anymore downsizing. They have a logistical advantage over every other plant in the US. Anything is possible, but I would bet a member that this wont!

I agree I do not honestly think it will close, I was mainly pointing out some of the reasons that where given where the same reasons Wixom employee's thought there home plant was safe.

Having a false sense of security sometimes can lead to disappointment.

I agree I do not honestly think it will close, I was mainly pointing out some of the reasons that where given where the same reasons Wixom employee's thought there home plant was safe.

Having a false sense of security sometimes can lead to disappointment.

I quoted the wrong post liquid. I agree with about 99% of what you post. You weren't the one who initially made the charge that KC was closing. To further drive your point Lorain Assembly built a new multi-million dollar paint shop, then ran 3 vehicle through it or so I was told, then tore out the equipment. They then shut it down diverting the rest of it's work to OHAP, I know because I transferred to Avon when it closed!

Investment in any facility does not guarantee it will remain open! Every facility having flex body shops actually takes away bargaining leverage locally. If you don't play ball Ford can easily move your product to another facility once they are done!

Edited by Furious1Auto