2007 sport trac trouble....any ideas?

I own a 2007 explorer sport trac limited.....everything has been great...until this morning....i got up to go to work, got in, turned the key..it tried to start for a second and then dead....nothing...i turned the key again...and all i got was intermittent clicking..i thought maybe alternator?....but then i hear another clicking inside under the dash/steering wheel...it was clicking in two's.....hmmm?...so, i tried jumping it with another vehicle....still not starting....so i got in, turned the key to where the radio would be on withouth fully turning the key....and with the double clicking inside, the radio and instrument panel lit up with the click?.....is this maybe an electronic malfunction?...guy at the dealership said over the phone he thinks the battery is dead....i'm just not sure....any ideas?

I own a 2007 explorer sport trac limited.....everything has been great...until this morning....i got up to go to work, got in, turned the key..it tried to start for a second and then dead....nothing...i turned the key again...and all i got was intermittent clicking..i thought maybe alternator?....but then i hear another clicking inside under the dash/steering wheel...it was clicking in two's.....hmmm?...so, i tried jumping it with another vehicle....still not starting....so i got in, turned the key to where the radio would be on withouth fully turning the key....and with the double clicking inside, the radio and instrument panel lit up with the click?.....is this maybe an electronic malfunction?...guy at the dealership said over the phone he thinks the battery is dead....i'm just not sure....any ideas?

The battery is dead.

yes, battery fixed it......now..since the battery was disconnected...problem is with the radio now...i have the 6 disc changer and when i hit the cd button, it states no disc....when i hit load it says error loading for all 6 slots....but the changer is full of cd's..any idea of how to reset it or what the problem is?

yes, battery fixed it......now..since the battery was disconnected...problem is with the radio now...i have the 6 disc changer and when i hit the cd button, it states no disc....when i hit load it says error loading for all 6 slots....but the changer is full of cd's..any idea of how to reset it or what the problem is?

My Fusion had the same problem. Only way to fix it is to have the head unit replaced. Mine actually did it twice and had to be replaced twice.