KIA and Hyundai No4 in the world

Ford Jellymoulds

Sup,

Jelly is right, there is a trend. The trend is that Europeans prefer cheap cars. Other than the Insignia and the 3 Series, all the cars on that list come in for thousands less than the Mondeo. Now I know you are going cry fowl Jelly, so I went to all the UK car sites for these vehicles, and I converted the prices to American dollars. This is for the benefit of the viewing audience, being most are from the US on this forum. Everyone of these vehicles is the base (cheapest) model available. here goes:

Mondeo - $29,542.28

Focus - $23,971.37

Fiesta - $17,361.82

Hyundai i10 - $12,111.18

Magna Corsa - $16,796.60

VW Golf - $23,048.29

Peugeot 207 - $16,368.72

BMW 3 series - $35,245.97

Magna Astra - $25,681.47

Magna Insignia - $28,895.63

Toyota Yaris - $15,741.40

For the record, the Insignia is priced pretty good compared, so I will give you that one. The 3 Series is a bit of an anomaly because of the Luxury brand it is. As for the rest, they are all $6,000 or more cheaper than the Mondeo.

Your biased Jelly, and it shows. You try and make information fit you theory as opposed to make the theory fit the evidence. You can have a hate on for the Mondeo all you like. Maybe it is because your precious Cortina is gone, and that pisses you off or maybe a Mondeo raped your mother and killed your father. Whatever the reason, you refuse to accept the fact that maybe it is a good car that sells like other cars in it's bracket. Does anyone know the sales for the Mondeo last month?.

Remember Jelly a smart man admits when he is wrong, and an ignorant man tries to prove his wrong to be right. Either way, I am putting you on ignore. I live beside a farm, I see enough bullshit most days. I don't need to see it here.

Peace

Skape

1. Where the hell are you coming up with these numbers of models?

2. Why the hell are you talking about the Mondeo again? :finger:

He has every right to talk about the Mondeo. Ford screwed up the Contour, not anyone else. The Mondeo is a very cool machine. He can talk about cars from his home. You got a real problem. :poke:

The Taurus isn't competing against an Accord or Camry. It's lined up directly against the Avalon in price, though it's significantly bigger.

True- but that segment isn't where the volume is. My guess is Ford's trying to draw from two buyer pools: Honda/Toyota buyers moving up, and Euro-sled owners looking to move down (it's the economy stupid) but keep the sacrifices to a minimum.

BTW- I saw my first '10 Taurus the other day on the road. It's got eyeball, and got the looks in our "oh-so-jaded" import market.

I don't have anyone on my Ignore list (mainly because I like to read all the posts in a thread) but I am sorely tempted right now....

If you're anything like me, you'll end up reading his posts anyway....

These numbers are made up lies by Nick.

Why does Ford need to go to produce 92 RHD (RHD is an anomaly in Europe) variants of the Mondeo for the UK market

That's like asking why do you need to bring the Mondeo and Cortina up in every thread... :finger:

He has every right to talk about the Mondeo.

Every once and a while, sure, but every thread.....no, every post he makes? I don't think so.

He has every right to talk about the Mondeo. Ford screwed up the Contour, not anyone else. The Mondeo is a very cool machine. He can talk about cars from his home. You got a real problem. :poke:

Yes, I have a problem. My problem is the Mondeo coming up in every thread FJ posts in. This thread is about Kia-Hyundai and it ends up being about how many variants of the Mondeo there are?? :headscratch: