Norfolk Extra Work

Can anyone tell me why Norfolk got 5000 extra trucks to build which is causing us to work overtime? I;m just curious as to why we at Norfolk got the extra units to build seeing as the reason they are shutting us down is because it cost too much money to build a truck here.If it cost extra money to build here why give us 5000 extra trucks to build why not give those units to KCAP or DTP? Just trying to see if anyone knows the reason behind this.

Can anyone tell me why Norfolk got 5000 extra trucks to build which is causing us to work overtime? I;m just curious as to why we at Norfolk got the extra units to build seeing as the reason they are shutting us down is because it cost too much money to build a truck here.If it cost extra money to build here why give us 5000 extra trucks to build why not give those units to KCAP or DTP? Just trying to see if anyone knows the reason behind this.

Those trucks are for a 2007 new model with different components in the rear end.

If it cost extra money to build here why give us 5000 extra trucks to build why not give those units to KCAP or DTP? Just trying to see if anyone knows the reason behind this.

[/quote

Probably because they like us sooooooooo much..........NOT. :hysterical: ]

talk about things that make you go "hmm".............. :shrug:

You guys do know that in a month or so MTP is going to start running the 8 foot F-150's in that plant. Ask around and see if the numbers are going to drop with that type you guys build. Nap ask....

You guys do know that in a month or so MTP is going to start running the 8 foot F-150's in that plant. Ask around and see if the numbers are going to drop with that type you guys build. Nap ask....

Standard cab with an 8 foot box? Is your Body Decker set up to run 144" wheelbase? That will tell you the truth.

Sure hope MTP does start running F-150's that would mean NAP will be laid off sooner...YIPPEE

Standard cab with an 8 foot box? Is your Body Decker set up to run 144" wheelbase? That will tell you the truth.

From what I understand yes. Paint was the main reason to set up at MTP instead of DTP. Somebody is doing studies right now to set up DTP the same way a chrysler plant runs in warren or sterling, can't remember which one though. They do 3 different size trucks....

250,150,ranger is what was said to come so maybe they have got smarter now and use that plant for what is was made for.

From what I understand yes. Paint was the main reason to set up at MTP instead of DTP. Somebody is doing studies right now to set up DTP the same way a chrysler plant runs in warren or sterling, can't remember which one though. They do 3 different size trucks....

250,150,ranger is what was said to come so maybe they have got smarter now and use that plant for what is was made for.

By 2012 DTP will be the only plant left cause by then FORD'S market share will be so low they can run all the production they need in one plant!!!

By 2012 DTP will be the only plant left cause by then FORD'S market share will be so low they can run all the production they need in one plant!!!

Funny... I highly doubt that bud.

Think about it the flex plants will build 9 different vehicles on 3 platforms. Add up the number of vehicles ford makes with merc, lincoln added in and you should be able to see how many are going to be running. One platform at a time will be added until it the bugs are worked out. After all 9 are in a particular plant overtime starts with 2 shifts. They will have to runs balls out to meet production. Some say 3 shifts of 8 but that would cause mant. problems.

DTP last year ran the same overtime NAP ran and still put out alittle over 200,000 trucks and it was not much overtime. Thats with the F-150, Lincoln and Harley that DTP makes so what would happen if demand dropped some, which with texas plant the japs are going to fire up will take some of the sales. May not knock ford off it's high horse but sales will drop. I would guess that in the end they may build 400,000 trucks once the competition sets up. I am not saying since they built 900,000 plus truck in the last 2 years, that they will loose 500,000 to the japs but it should be more like 200,000 as gas prices affect sales.

Funny... I highly doubt that bud.

Think about it the flex plants will build 9 different vehicles on 3 platforms. Add up the number of vehicles ford makes with merc, lincoln added in and you should be able to see how many are going to be running. One platform at a time will be added until it the bugs are worked out. After all 9 are in a particular plant overtime starts with 2 shifts. They will have to runs balls out to meet production. Some say 3 shifts of 8 but that would cause mant. problems.

DTP last year ran the same overtime NAP ran and still put out alittle over 200,000 trucks and it was not much overtime. Thats with the F-150, Lincoln and Harley that DTP makes so what would happen if demand dropped some, which with texas plant the japs are going to fire up will take some of the sales. May not knock ford off it's high horse but sales will drop. I would guess that in the end they may build 400,000 trucks once the competition sets up. I am not saying since they built 900,000 plus truck in the last 2 years, that they will loose 500,000 to the japs but it should be more like 200,000 as gas prices affect sales.

so let me see if i can get this straight. DTP :baby: will run 9 platforms, one at a time, until the bugs are worked out. It took DTP almost 2yrs. to get the p221 straight. So, if you do the math, you're looking at almost 18yrs. to run all 9 platforms with out any bugs :slap:. Do you really think DTP can run 9 different platforms and keep up. :play: Wow, thanks for the humor, we all need a good laugh every now and then. Besides, you still have to pull off the p415 first :hysterical:. But hey, don't think about it :headscratch:, Ol' Markie will look out for DTP. Just like that NAP-DTP quality thing, Markie's motto is, if ya'll can't beat 'em on your own, I'll close 'em down until you become #1. :devil2:

so let me see if i can get this straight. DTP :baby: will run 9 platforms, one at a time, until the bugs are worked out. It took DTP almost 2yrs. to get the p221 straight. So, if you do the math, you're looking at almost 18yrs. to run all 9 platforms with out any bugs :slap:. Do you really think DTP can run 9 different platforms and keep up. :play: Wow, thanks for the humor, we all need a good laugh every now and then. Besides, you still have to pull off the p415 first :hysterical:. But hey, don't think about it :headscratch:, Ol' Markie will look out for DTP. Just like that NAP-DTP quality thing, Markie's motto is, if ya'll can't beat 'em on your own, I'll close 'em down until you become #1. :devil2:

Not 9 platforms.... 3 platforms and there is a difference. What I find odd is that everyone is bashing DTP because they feel it is untouchable. I do think it could be shut as well if not able to do what it is supposed to. Just to remind you too that plant is new and things do go wrong but you seem to forget we have more of a high end vehicle that can cause problems unlike NAP has mostly work trucks with less electrical components.

I think in all honesty DTP has come a long way and I just wish people would stop bashing it. You guys are so worried about what may happen and nothing you do is going to change it so just get prepared. Life is too short to worry about things you can't control.

What will happen if STAP closes and jsut for a laugh wixom stays open and gets the CV/GM? Will those people at STAP bash wixom for getting a product. Most likely but for all the wrong reasons.

You guys make it seem that your shit out of luck and that you guys will be forgotten. I only hope your plants people get placed. Maybe change locations and move but at least you'll have a job. I have family and friends I talk to on a regular basis and they are not pissed at me or anyone for being where we are and they are closing too. So do not make it sound like we are safe. Nobody is....

nap is currently building a shit load of 6cyl.auto and man..i would guess at about

45-60% a day.fleet trucks.our wheel base for the 150 is 126,145 & 163. :rip: :rip: :rip:

Sounds like stockpile. I am guessing the 163 is the 8 foot bed right? 126 is the short truck, 145 is the short bed/ long bed, with sc or crew depending on the configuration.

in a nutshell :yup: :yup: :yup:

About 95% of the 6 cyl trucks tonight was a manual transmission.The past 2 nights most 6 cyl trucks have been manual..We have never built this many manuals before.Since NAP is the only plant building the manual i figure they are stockpiling the trucks getting ready to cut a shift.If NAP goes to 10 hours in June then I bet in August night shift will be history.

F-150 wheelbases:

Standard cab 6.5' box 126"

Standard cab 8'box 144"

Extended cab 5.5' box 132"

Extended cab 6.5' box 144"

Extended cab 8' box 163"

Screw cab 5.5' box 138"

Screw cab 6.5' box 151"

Three places to check wheelbases in final are Body Decker, Toe In, and Roll Test.

Easy way to tell box size look at filler neck location.

Yes KCAP builds them all.

About 95% of the 6 cyl trucks tonight was a manual transmission.The past 2 nights most 6 cyl trucks have been manual..We have never built this many manuals before.Since NAP is the only plant building the manual i figure they are stockpiling the trucks getting ready to cut a shift.If NAP goes to 10 hours in June then I bet in August night shift will be history.

Dittos on that. We've been running the shit out of the line in sealer all week...day shift hung 507 in chainup Tuesday, we've been running 460's to 480's all week,,,,shit that used to be a 10 hour shift ! They've been asking us to tag every break but we don't have the extra utility ! This week's build report was like 65 % to 70% reg. cabs.....shoot the other night we lost our sound deadening robots and I had to throw mats in the SC's only and I could have taken naps in between the few supercabs we were getting !

Dittos on that. We've been running the shit out of the line in sealer all week...day shift hung 507 in chainup Tuesday, we've been running 460's to 480's all week,,,,shit that used to be a 10 hour shift ! They've been asking us to tag every break but we don't have the extra utility ! This week's build report was like 65 % to 70% reg. cabs.....shoot the other night we lost our sound deadening robots and I had to throw mats in the SC's only and I could have taken naps in between the few supercabs we were getting !

Now have overcapacity since they jumped line speeds up. f150manbd, remember that naps were written into my job description by previous Group Leader, so please don't cross that line of demarcation. LOL :} :happy feet:

Now have overcapacity since they jumped line speeds up. f150manbd, remember that naps were written into my job description by previous Group Leader, so please don't cross that line of demarcation. LOL :} :happy feet:

Oh sorry ! I forgot... :doh:

But with the old crew we had you were'nt sure if it was a nap or a drunken stupor....! :hysterical:

That reminds me....we need to dust off the old blender....with the hot weather coming

everybody will be wanting their Margaritas frozen not just shaken ! :tequila: :party2:

Hey security....WE ARE JUST KIDDING....CALM DOWN ! :P