State of the plant address (DTP)

Bigcountry

To sum up that whole 50 min. speech/meeting was basically to tell us to get ready to give back more!

All, we done really well here, here and here "BUT" we got this, this and this to do and "TOGETHER" we can make it happen! Yeah, no red flag there!

We had ours at KCAP also. They passed out flyers saying it was going to be a "town hall" meeting. I saw no microphones for us and they gave us no chance to ask questions. The one question I have.... We are being compaired to our competion as far as how much our wages and benifits cost the company....Which I belive is a fair assesment. However, there is never any mention that our competiors excutives make around a third less than a Ford excutive. When are our excutives going to level up their wages and benifits to match the competion?

Ford's spending $490m in China to build a plant.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsume...445018220090925

How many plants did they suspend upgrades due to cash constraints?

All I ever hear about KCAP SUV body is their inability to produce more than 55 vehicles per hour. Where did that new body shop go? Apparently it's going to China.

They want us to give more concessions, they have some very serious explaining to do:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=am98RupqCAH8

Bill Ford said he doesn’t see his company at a competitive disadvantage to GM and Chrysler Group LLC, which have reduced debt and labor costs after each emerged from a government- sponsored bankruptcy reorganization in the past three months.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/03/30/mulal...h-the-downturn/

March '09:

Mulally says that Ford is now competitive. ”Ford has won all of the concessions it needs from labor and investors to weather the industry’s crisis — even if car and truck sales continue to decline,” Mulally told Detroit News. “The downturn is a temporary thing. We just have to make it through it.”

I know it sucks michigander.

After listening to Hinrichs speak I felt low and nearly defeated.

Then I woke up this morning.

And I thought about the retirees.

The retirees who gave their life and were guaranteed benefits and pensions.

And I got pissed.

They want to take away from these strong proud retirees and reduce them to damn near welfare cases.

They're gonna have to kill me before I EVER stop fighting.

YOU WILL NOT TAKE ANYMORE FROM MY FAMILY!

We will fight!

And not on this site but in the damn streets!

Don't give up get pissed!

Spread the word.....

Business briefs

Ford's top labor exec to visit workers

Ford Motor Co. 's top labor executive is meeting with employees at the automaker's factories after United Auto Workers union negotiators rebuffed his requests for concessions. Joe Hinrichs, group vice president of global manufacturing and labor affairs, is traveling to several plants to discuss the company's finances, product quality, productivity and safety, Marcey Evans, a Ford spokeswoman, said Wednesday. The meetings are open to all employees at each location, she said

http://detroitnews.com/article/20090924/BI...240350/1001/biz

To expand a bit on my earlier post.

How many of you have a retiree in your very own family??

Could be your mother or father. Uncle or aunt. Grandparents...

Take a good look at them.

You gonna look them in the eyes knowing that you didn't stand up to fight like they did before you? Let the company PISS on the CONTRACT they agreed to? And TAKE TAKE TAKE until we have nothing left?

Or are you gonna look them in the eyes knowing you fought?

You fought hard. And you never gave up.

And you won.

We had ours at KCAP also. They passed out flyers saying it was going to be a "town hall" meeting. I saw no microphones for us and they gave us no chance to ask questions. The one question I have.... We are being compaired to our competion as far as how much our wages and benifits cost the company....Which I belive is a fair assesment. However, there is never any mention that our competiors excutives make around a third less than a Ford excutive. When are our excutives going to level up their wages and benifits to match the competion?

Good point!

I'm going to apologize ahead of time because i may use unsuitable language.

The Douchebag they sent to kcap to talk was about the biggest condescending piece of shit i've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Saying stuff like "well that video had alot of terms you may not understand" and "Let me put this in terms someone like you would understand". They talk about how we need to cut back, yet they sent this sack of SHIT from dearborn to show us a f'n video? how much did that cost the company? i'm assuming he flew first class down here.. and i'm also assuming he didn't stay at the god damn holiday inn 3 minutes from the plant.

I walked out of the meeting before it was over, i was afraid of what i might have said had i had stayed. My only regret is that i didn't walk in front of him to leave via the stairs.

Do you really believe ford has the knowledge of how much debt toyota has or even how much cash they have on hand? But according to everything i have read.. toyota's debt is going to double or even TRIPLE in the next 2 years. How is those legacy costs now?

I'm sure everything that Joe said was coordinated with the IUAW at these meetings or "workshops" that they have been having.

Get ready for ACT 2: Scene 1. That's where the IUAW comes in and does their part to sell the company line. They will use the

same talking points that they agreed upon with Joe and try to scare the membership into taking more cuts.

You know... "This is hard on everyone but it's the best we could do for you in these troubling times for the auto industry"

Then they will start the propaganda blitz where they use our Union dues to have people pose as "one of us" and make posts on

BON supporting the company/IUAW line. You know... "I don't like this any better than you guys but Ronny is doing the best he can for us"

It's funny how we were told that we were saving the company by taking the first round of concessions (or was that the second or third round?)

but now we are being told that we put the company at a disadvantage because the other two got to file bankruptcy and clear their books?! WTF!

What are they going to tell us the next time??? STOP THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM! JUST SAY NO!

To sum up that whole 50 min. speech/meeting was basically to tell us to get ready to give back more!

All, we done really well here, here and here "BUT" we got this, this and this to do and "TOGETHER" we can make it happen! Yeah, no red flag there!

The UAW will never stop making concessions because they conceded Solidarity long ago. Now it is all dog-eat-dog, the opposite of Solidarity that comes from the UAW bigshots.

Let's get back to Solidarity.

The answer is building a new Solidarity Movement based in the virtues of family and community and worker ownership. The answer is organizing a Solidarity Movement that can win a fight for our jobs and a Solidarity Society where EVERYONE has decent work.

We can do something like Mondragon all over our country:

http://www.mcc.es/ing/index.asp

We are looking for a few good autoworkers to check out:

The Distributist Review:

http://distributism.blogspot.com/

and send comments and recommendations.

Let's work towards something that works for us!

Thanks,

Tom Laney

I'm going to apologize ahead of time because i may use unsuitable language.

The Douchebag they sent to kcap to talk was about the biggest condescending piece of shit i've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Saying stuff like "well that video had alot of terms you may not understand" and "Let me put this in terms someone like you would understand". They talk about how we need to cut back, yet they sent this sack of SHIT from dearborn to show us a f'n video? how much did that cost the company? i'm assuming he flew first class down here.. and i'm also assuming he didn't stay at the god damn holiday inn 3 minutes from the plant.

I walked out of the meeting before it was over, i was afraid of what i might have said had i had stayed. My only regret is that i didn't walk in front of him to leave via the stairs.

Do you really believe ford has the knowledge of how much debt toyota has or even how much cash they have on hand? But according to everything i have read.. toyota's debt is going to double or even TRIPLE in the next 2 years. How is those legacy costs now?

Does that person have a name? or is it just douche bag?

had ours at saline too, good point on the execs!

And I got pissed.

They want to take away from these strong proud retirees and reduce them to damn near welfare cases.

We will fight!

Spread the word.....

inspiring :boring: :boring: :boring:

Joe touched his face, and talked out of the side of his mouth, in the words of another Joe, YOU LIE!

Not a lie he told you exactly what was going on and you had best read between the lines. Ford has lot of debt is what he said and they have to find ways to eliminate it. Maybe you were sleep but eliminate means concessions. Wake up and start quoting someone worth repeating.

maybe I were sleep, but maybe I were not sleep.

But he didn't say concessions, he did show a bunch of charts at how our company is screwed because we didnt go bankrupt. As for exactly telling me what is going on an honest business man shouldn't be coy with his employees and hope they can read between the lines, because some of them can't even read, maybe they be sleep at school.

maybe I were sleep, but maybe I were not sleep.

But he didn't say concessions, he did show a bunch of charts at how our company is screwed because we didnt go bankrupt. As for exactly telling me what is going on an honest business man shouldn't be coy with his employees and hope they can read between the lines, because some of them can't even read, maybe they be sleep at school.

LOL

what i took from the video was this:

We were lucky we didn't take money from the government because they would be running us, but our debt would be paid off like GM and Chrysler if they did. we want our debt reduced like them too, just not with the government running the show. so we are going to need to get more from you, the workers.. we're just laying down the ground work now so later when we ask, you'll have heard our woes. YOU do want to save the company and OUR jobs don't you? you want us to be able to get loans to build and invest more overseas right? i mean here. umm well meeting is over goodbye.

And I got pissed.

We will fight!

Spread the word.....

Thank you, Stugots most members forget the contributions that were made by the retirees it is nice to hear active members such as yourself still backing and caring about us. But the damage has been done starting this January when the so called VEBA committee will make the decisions on what retiree's benefits will be. When changes are made to the retiree benefits the International Union will state that the decision to cut the benefits was done by the so called "independent VEBA committee" and not them. but again I want to say thank you and other actives workers that stand in solidarity with there former brothers and sister that are now retired.