Fox News

Aces

Reposted away from the deflections above

Good article here from the UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/10/roger-ailes-fox-news-

"To watch even a day of Fox News – the anger, the bombast, the virulent paranoid streak, the unending appeals to white resentment, the reporting that is held to the same standard of evidence as a political campaign attack ad – is to see a refraction of its founder, one of the most skilled and fearsome operatives in the history of the Republican party. As a political consultant, Ailes repackaged Richard Nixon for television in 1968, papered over Ronald Reagan's budding Alzheimer's in 1984, shamelessly stoked racial fears to elect George Bush in 1988, and waged a secret campaign on behalf of Big Tobacco to derail healthcare reform in 1993. "He was the premier guy in the business," says former Reagan campaign manager Ed Rollins. "He was our Michelangelo.""

Yup...pretty slimy.

I repost because this thread gets off topic due to attempted cyber bullying and other tactics from some dimwit Right wingers.

They obviously are too dim to respond to my posts and so try to hide them.

Perhaps you should address them.

I repost on the topic.....which is Fox News.

I think it is to admire yourself.

If you've posted it. You've said it, and we can read it.

STOP SPAMMING!

• Like 3

Good piece about Fox News.

With video

"Mike Huckabee finds new ways this weekend to debase the Fox News brand"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-iowa-low-mike-huckabee-michele-interview-fox-20110814,0,401264.story

"And after you look at this pathetic exchange, check out another video of Huckabee fronting a TV ad calling for the repeal of the health plan signed into law last year by President Obama. The ad is now playing on Fox News and other cable news channels. See it here.

Does Fox New have any standards, letting this guy pimp for this partisan cause that urges viewers to sign a petition?

Oh wait, it's OK, he can do anything he wants even while working on a channel with the word "News" in its title because, as he says in the Bachmann video, his program is not an "objective news show." So, that means he can be a full-blown, political pimp -- as well as the spokesman for "every Christian believer.""

"(And spare me the mumbo-jumbo about Christians having a secret language only they know and understand in which submission really means respect. Where does it say husbands should be submissive to their wives?)"

And they call it a 'news channel'.......and they think people believe that?

Edited by Aces
  • Like 2

Good piece about Fox News.

With video

"Mike Huckabee finds new ways this weekend to debase the Fox News brand"

http://www.baltimore...,0,401264.story

"And after you look at this pathetic exchange, check out another video of Huckabee fronting a TV ad calling for the repeal of the health plan signed into law last year by President Obama. The ad is now playing on Fox News and other cable news channels. See it here.

Does Fox New have any standards, letting this guy pimp for this partisan cause that urges viewers to sign a petition?

Oh wait, it's OK, he can do anything he wants even while working on a channel with the word "News" in its title because, as he says in the Bachmann video, his program is not an "objective news show." So, that means he can be a full-blown, political pimp -- as well as the spokesman for "every Christian believer.""

"(And spare me the mumbo-jumbo about Christians having a secret language only they know and understand in which submission really means respect. Where does it say husbands should be submissive to their wives?)"

And they call it a 'news channel'.......and they think people believe that?

blah..blah ..blah....Fox.....blah...scab.....blah....blah...blah...fox.....nothing new here........yellow-belly coward!

• Like 2

So are the Murdochs lying to the British Parliament?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-16/news-corp-s-james-murdoch-may-need-to-explain-some-hacking-contradictions.html

"The most critical new evidence the committee is working to get to the bottom of are accusations made in a 2007 letter from Clive Goodman, the former royal reporter at the center of the scandal. Goodman claims in the letter, which was released yesterday, that hacking was widespread at News of the World, editors discussed it during editorial meetings and that he was promised his job back if he didn’t reveal the problem to law enforcement.

“The Goodman letter is devastating because, if it’s accurate, the whole foundation of the company’s defense and all the evidence they gave to all the inquiries was bogus,” said Tom Watson, a Labour Party lawmaker and member of the committee probing the allegations. “If Goodman’s accurate, then this is the smoking gun.”"

This company is SCUM! From top to bottom...including Fox News.

So are the Murdochs lying to the British Parliament?

http://www.bloomberg...radictions.html

"The most critical new evidence the committee is working to get to the bottom of are accusations made in a 2007 letter from Clive Goodman, the former royal reporter at the center of the scandal. Goodman claims in the letter, which was released yesterday, that hacking was widespread at News of the World, editors discussed it during editorial meetings and that he was promised his job back if he didn't reveal the problem to law enforcement.

"The Goodman letter is devastating because, if it's accurate, the whole foundation of the company's defense and all the evidence they gave to all the inquiries was bogus," said Tom Watson, a Labour Party lawmaker and member of the committee probing the allegations. "If Goodman's accurate, then this is the smoking gun.""

This company is SCUM! From top to bottom...including Fox News.

So from this, are we to understand that you don't care for Fox News?.....please keep beating the dead horse, I think I saw it move.... this is a perfect example of how shallow you are....the topic was started by you last Nov. it now has over 1500 replies and I would dare say that 80% were put here by your dumb ass...not sure what you intend to accomplish..maybe close down Fox News....I haven't checked lately but the last time I did they were #1......so your rants haven't had your intended effect...do you find it odd that no one has started a thread on here about the bias of say the NY Times or msnbc or the LA Times......does that ever cross your mind? And isn't it odd that you started this thread just after the dems lost big in last Nov. elections?....."wondering minds want to know"

• Like 1

So from this, are we to understand that you don't care for Fox News?.....please keep beating the dead horse, I think I saw it move.... this is a perfect example of how shallow you are....the topic was started by you last Nov. it now has over 1500 replies and I would dare say that 80% were put here by your dumb ass...not sure what you intend to accomplish..maybe close down Fox News....I haven't checked lately but the last time I did they were #1......so your rants haven't had your intended effect...do you find it odd that no one has started a thread on here about the bias of say the NY Times or msnbc or the LA Times......does that ever cross your mind? And isn't it odd that you started this thread just after the dems lost big in last Nov. elections?....."wondering minds want to know"

I do like to see the Right wingers squirm....posts like this keep me going.....they can't stand to have their shallowness exposed.

They are so dumb that they can't read dates....the first post here? Oct 7 2009

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35458-fox-news/

Since this thread was started many people have turned their back on Fox News ....including many sponsors.

It is my hope that many Ford workers will now take what they hear on Fox with a grain of salt.

Obama is a Big Black Cloud, says Ed Schultz

Ed Schultz is MSNBC's ethics standard?

FLASHBACK:In '09,Obama used "dark cloud" metaphor

Quote:

"And finally, we must draw on the strength of our values -- for the challenges that we face may have changed, but the things that we believe in must not," Obama said. "That's why we must promote our values by living them at home -- which is why I have prohibited torture and will close the prison at Guantanamo Bay. And we must make it clear to every man, woman and child around the world who lives under the dark cloud of tyranny that America will speak out on behalf of their human rights, and tend to the light of freedom and justice and opportunity and respect for the dignity of all peoples."

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

I am not a fan of Ed Schultz. That being said, Ed Schultz has apologized for this. When will Shaun Hannity apologize for the lies he tells?

Lately I have been watching Fox as much as other media outlets. And I must say they have much better marketing to make their point. There is almost always a backdrop to tell you how bad things are and to reenforce their story. Or a banner to add fuel to the fire. I can see how you repubs get caught up in their views.

I am not a fan of Ed Schultz. That being said, Ed Schultz has apologized for this. When will Shaun Hannity apologize for the lies he tells?

Lately I have been watching Fox as much as other media outlets. And I must say they have much better marketing to make their point. There is almost always a backdrop to tell you how bad things are and to reenforce their story. Or a banner to add fuel to the fire. I can see how you repubs get caught up in their views.

I'll have to take your word for it. At least you admit to watching it. I guess Aces thinks you're "easily led" as well. I don't think even Aces watches it. He just posts what he finds when someone else sends it.

A word of advice, don't let any one, two, three... sources tell you what you want to hear. You'll only reinforce the biases you already have.

Watching, reading, discussing, debating for AND against your current viewpoint can open your eyes to the fallacies of your prior convictions.

I'll have to take your word for it. At least you admit to watching it. I guess Aces thinks you're "easily led" as well. I don't think even Aces watches it. He just posts what he finds when someone else sends it.

A word of advice, don't let any one, two, three... sources tell you what you want to hear. You'll only reinforce the biases you already have.

Watching, reading, discussing, debating for AND against your current viewpoint can open your eyes to the fallacies of your prior convictions.

Now that is funny!.....coming from you!

Obama is a Big Black Cloud, says Ed Schultz

Ed Schultz is MSNBC's ethics standard?

FLASHBACK:In '09,Obama used "dark cloud" metaphor

Quote:

"And finally, we must draw on the strength of our values -- for the challenges that we face may have changed, but the things that we believe in must not," Obama said. "That's why we must promote our values by living them at home -- which is why I have prohibited torture and will close the prison at Guantanamo Bay. And we must make it clear to every man, woman and child around the world who lives under the dark cloud of tyranny that America will speak out on behalf of their human rights, and tend to the light of freedom and justice and opportunity and respect for the dignity of all peoples."

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Yes saw the same thing on half a dozen right wing "news" sites.

Why do you not condemn these same tactics when they are used over and over by the Right?

I do like to see the Right wingers squirm....posts like this keep me going.....they can't stand to have their shallowness exposed.

http://www.blueovalf...35458-fox-news/

Since this thread was started many people have turned their back on Fox News ....including many sponsors.

It is my hope that many Ford workers will now take what they hear on Fox with a grain of salt.

Again, that sailed right over your head.......I watch Fox maybe 2-3 times a week......I get most of my national news on the internet and local news from local TV.....please provide the link that shows that "many people, including sponsors have turned their backs on Fox.".....the rating don't show it....or are you pulling these facts from your sphincter?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35458-fox-news/

Again, that sailed right over your head.......I watch Fox maybe 2-3 times a week......I get most of my national news on the internet and local news from local TV.....please provide the link that shows that "many people, including sponsors have turned their backs on Fox.".....the rating don't show it....or are you pulling these facts from your sphincter?

Why did Beck get tossed?

No sponsor would have him.

Do people trust Fox News ...less and less.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/19/trust-fox-news-plummets-poll/

Aces has nothing to do with it. He has his opinions and I do think a lot of them are valid. He aggravates the righties with his links but yet no one ever disputes what the links say. They just attack Aces.

The more I have been watching Fox the more I am leaning left. I cannot grasp the republican ideology. I don't believe tax cuts for the rich and killing medicare and social security are the way to go. But I am trying.

Aces has nothing to do with it. He has his opinions and I do think a lot of them are valid. He aggravates the righties with his links but yet no one ever disputes what the links say. They just attack Aces.

The more I have been watching Fox the more I am leaning left. I cannot grasp the republican ideology. I don't believe tax cuts for the rich and killing medicare and social security are the way to go. But I am trying.

Obviously you are watching FoxNews but believe what the left says about them over what you actually "thought" about. Just a glance at your Bush avatar shows the jaundiced eye you are watching with. Because FoxNews, rightly or wrongly, never use those phrases, only the left. So I question your open-minded observations of what you see on Fox. But, that's ok. I just want you to recognize it.

As far as Aces, I don't often respond to the posts since they are the words of another. That does not imply agreement or disagreement, per se. I can confront and rebut what Aces says. But the blogger is an outside party, i.e., non-Ford, so he is not an eligible player.

Just as I am responding to YOUR comment. And you may respond to mine. We are all on this side of the demarcation line.

What about the cuts to medicare from obamacare?...you like those?

You do realize that aces post are always from some far left web site......stop blindly defending him...you look weak!

I am not a fan of Ed Schultz. That being said, Ed Schultz has apologized for this.

The bigger question is, why did he say it to begin with? How did Special Ed watch that video, and come to that conclusion?

Or is this just another attempt by people like Special Ed to defend Obama at all costs (even when he isn't being targeted), that they will say anything to shift the focus? Not surprising that the Left are still trying to make this about race.

When will Shaun Hannity apologize for the lies he tells?

Which lies? Please tell me what Hannity has said, and why it's a "lie".

You seem to be confused when it comes to someone presenting their own opinion, and when someone is presenting a fact. Just because I like my steak medium rare, and you like yours well done, doesn't mean I am lying about the best way of preparing the dish.

And how is this different than the other outlets? Do you not remember what was being said on places like MSNBC in Bush's final months? Have a listen to Special Ed, Madcow, or Bathtub Boy's greatest works. If you can't see to overwhelming bias, then you're are blind.

I'm not defending Fox, but I think it's hilarious how you make statements about Fox, that could just as easily be made about every other channel.

Aces has nothing to do with it. He has his opinions and I do think a lot of them are valid.

First of, please point out when he has provided his "opinion", and not just copied someone else's work. Second of all, since he can't answer follow up questions about these links he posts, maybe you can. After you have provided one of Aces' opinions, please tell us why you think it is valid.

He aggravates the righties with his links but yet no one ever disputes what the links say. They just attack Aces.

He actually aggravates people on the Left too.

Having said that, this goes back to that whole opinion / fact thing. Nobody bothers to dispute what he posts, because he posts someone else's opinion. If I have an issue with that opinion, I will take it up with the person who wrote it. However, there have been numerous occasions when we have refuted what Aces posted, but he has never comeback to offer a counter point.

The reality is, Aces doesn't post anything worth disputing. If he wants to quote Michael Moore, or Keith Olbermann, well than that just shows what type of person he is (and gives us further proof he deserted his country_)

Then what is the way to go? It's easy to say what you don't think is going to work, but a lot harder to say what will.

The "tax cuts" have already happened, so to change it would mean a tax increase. But we know your side is afraid to say that, so you keep using "tax cuts" to make it sound better. Furthermore, it's easy to put the onus on others, instead of on yourself. You want someone else to pay more, but you want to receive more. Kind of a selfish way of looking at it, IMO.

I don't buy the theory that if you have 80% of the wealth, you should be responsible for 80% of the debit. Especially when in reality, you have created probably less than 5% of it. No more free rides. If you want to fix the problem, then everybody will have to chip in. I'm fine with moderate tax increases, but they can only happen with significant spending cuts. And this is not the time to increase spending on something as monumentally stupid as Obamacare.

• Like 1

Obviously you are watching FoxNews but believe what the left says about them over what you actually "thought" about. Because FoxNews, rightly or wrongly, never use those phrases, only the left. So I question your open-minded observations of what you see on Fox. But, that's ok. I just want you to recognize it.

As far as Aces, I don't often respond to the posts since they are the words of another. That does not imply agreement or disagreement, per se. I can confront and rebut what Aces says. But the blogger is an outside party, i.e., non-Ford, so he is not an eligible player.

Just as I am responding to YOUR comment. And you may respond to mine. We are all on this side of the demarcation line.

Fired, I beg to differ about Fox. I was watching "Five" last night and they kept hammering republican talking points. I watch Fox to hear the story from the other sides perspective whether I agree with it or not. I am trying to see things from their perspsective but I find them morally wrong.

Edited by partsisparts
  • Like 1

What about the cuts to medicare from obamacare?...you like those?

You do realize that aces post are always from some far left web site......stop blindly defending him...you look weak!

NAP you might want to read this....http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2010/09/25/does-obamacare-really-cut-medicare-benefits-to-senior-citizens/

Edited by partsisparts

Fired, I beg to differ about Fox. I was watching "Five" last night and they kept hammering republican talking points. I watch Fox to hear the story from the other sides perspective whether I agree with it or not.

Your difference of opinion is graciously acknowledged.

What IS a talking point, btw. If it is mass mailed, faxed, conferenced..... as what should be mentioned, i.e., a conspiracy, that's one thing.

But simply slapping "talking points" on an issue being discussed, that could shut down debate world wide. As soon as two or more people have similar perspectives, often using similar or same words, you scream talking points.

What about "gravitas"? And many, many others against Bush. Now, i call that talking points because NO ONE uses such a word in typical conversation, nor had they, until...........TA DA! the word of the day is some archaic dictionary extract. hardly a meeting of the minds from the cloud of debate.

So, I refrain from such accusations unless circumstances akin to those I cited occur. Remember, there are 300+million Americans. A large portion of which are not involved in political debate on a day-to-day basis. And the remainder are typically predisposed toward some vector. And when those who are along a nearby vector gravitate together, similar concepts and perspectives are reasonably to be expected.

And I congratulate you for your efforts to "hear" the other side. But are you "listening"?